User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Enneagram Type Is Highlander?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

4 57.14%

3 42.86%

0 0%
First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    SO or SP? Bah!!!!
    Well I'm an SO/SP/SX and everyone knows how awesome I am!
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram

Your warmth betrays a sp sort of feel.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Second time I'm gunna do this tonight...

But it's better sex I'm sure. Did the study say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I do not drive a Porsche.
    Double-uh

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

From: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/me...isid/3and8.asp

"Misidentifying Threes and Eights

Threes and Eights are both assertive (PT, 433-36), although the confusion between them centers on the competition found in average Threes and a similar competitiveness in average Eights.

In general terms, both Eights and Threes are ambitious and competitive: both types want to rise above others. The difference is that average Eights are self-assertive and want others to give them their way immediately so they do not have to waste time and energy fighting with people–not that they are afraid to do so. Eights compete for material and sexual dominance, less over purely social or status issues. For instance, Eights usually do not spend a lot of time comparing themselves with others, and certainly never to the degree that Threes do. For the same reason that Threes confuse themselves with Sevens and Fives (because they are looking for a flattering identity), it is far more likely that Threes identify themselves as Eights rather than vice versa.

Despite some superficial similarities, the differences are profound: Eights are leaders, deal makers, and power brokers who want to make the world conform to their personal vision. They want to have a large impact, to build and accomplish great things, possibly something that will live as a testament to the greatness of their audacity and will. Strong and implacable, they can be ruthless when something or someone gets in their way. They have large egos, and achieving some form of glory is important to them. Money is both a form of power and a means to amass more of it. Achieving personal power is the dominating drive in Eights, and there is nothing ambiguous, much less furtive or duplicitous, about them.

By contrast, power is not the key motive of Threes; achieving success and prestige and basking in the admiring attention of others is. (By contrast, Eights do not care about popularity; they do not care about the goodwill of others, so long as they get their way.) If Eights are natural leaders, Threes are natural managers and technicians. If Eights do not fear failure as such, Threes fear failure deeply because they see it as a personal humiliation, a potential occasion for being rejected, their deepest fear. By contrast, Eights see failure as an opportunity to learn something and come back stronger. If Eights are too busy achieving their purposes to worry about public opinion, Threes live and die on the opinions of others and desperately want to be in demand socially. If average Eights are combative and intimidating and can "take the heat", despite a certain bravado, average Threes will back down or be driven to deviousness: they cannot take pressure for long or exposure for a moment. In short, even average Eights are the "genuine article," whereas average Threes are an imitation of it. Contrast Eights such as Telly Savalas and John Wayne with Threes such as Sylvester Stallone and Burt Reynolds."

-------------------------------------

Edit: I don't think I "Live and die by the opinions of others" at all. Then again, I don't know that someone would call me ruthless if someone gets in my way. I'm assertive and persistent. I tend to use "force of will" to achieve things. I don't give up easily. I've failed many times. Sometimes it has hurt more than others but mostly, I just pick up by bootstraps and plow forward. Do I compare myself to others? Do I worry about public opinion? Mostly no, but sometimes I do.

In "Now Discover Your Strengths", there are a few strengths - Achievement, Command, and Significance that seem related to things things possibly. Command means willingness to confront. Significance means wanting to be significant in the eyes of others. Achievement is sort of obvious. The first time I took that test, Command was #1 on the list. Achievement was #4. Significance wasn't on there. The second time I took it, Achievement was #1, Significance was #3, Command was #4. Others that were highlighted were Focus, Restorative, and Strategic.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Competes for sexual dominance? What is that about - a small penis complex?
    I don't know about you but I can't identify with Telly, John, Yo Adrian! Stallone or Burt and his fake hair.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Competes for sexual dominance? What is that about - a small penis complex?
    I don't know about you but I can't identify with Telly, John, Yo Adrian! Stallone or Burt and his fake hair.
    Well, I liked Rambo and some of those John Wayne movies.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So, I bought two books on it and read them. I'm an 8. Not a 3 or 5.

Tri-type 639

Enneagram

All that work for nothing haha

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Personality DNA

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So, I bought two books on it and read them. I'm an 8. Not a 3 or 5.
    Counterphobic 6w5. Description matches to a tee.

Who knew?

Tri-type 639