123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default INFP or ENFP, INFP or ENFP, INFP or ENFP

I keep going back and forth. I am almost exactly like both of the descriptions. The good the bad and the ugly of INFP and ENFP seem to describe me. I think I am ENFP, but only by a margin. Seriously can't I be both?

I am starting to think I became introverted because of my sucky childhood, but I enjoy my extroverted side and am becoming much more so as I get older. Even so it seems weird that I can align myself so closely with different types.

I'm also in a transition period so it's tougher for me to tell as I'm growing a lot right now. I have heard the ENFP called the shy extrovert, and I do think that describes me half the time, the other half I'm swinging from the chandeliers.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    I keep going back and forth. I am almost exactly like both of the descriptions. The good the bad and the ugly of INFP and ENFP seem to describe me. I think I am ENFP, but only by a margin. Seriously can't I be both?
    Of course you can...I am. It's all about balance, just because we've attempted to categorize something as fluid as personality doesn't mean it can necessarily be interpreted as black and white.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

For some reason I think you are ENFP. But take that with a pinch of salt because you know better than I do
    Have you ever looked at the cognitive functions? And ENFP's functions are Ne Fi Te Si whereas an INFP's are Fi Ne Si Te. Just google "Cognitive Processes Test" to take it and have a look at your function order (it will tell you what type seems to be the best fit). You can also find plenty or articles on cognitive functions

I am starting to think I became introverted because of my sucky childhood, but I enjoy my extroverted side and am becoming much more so as I get older.
    You might be confusing low confidence with introversion (which is very easy to do btw)
    I think you are extravert. Even if you feel that you don't have a particularly strong preference for extraversion, it doesn't make you any less of an ENFP.

I'm also in a transition period so it's tougher for me to tell as I'm growing a lot right now.
    Bearing that in mind, I wouldn't worry about this too much. If you feel that it;s pretty much impossible to determine your type right now just settle for XNFP at the moment and when you feel up to it you can look into it a little bit more
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

this sounds just like my first thread here haha i say enfp...simply by the way you write but obviously...no clue as i have never spoken with you or read any of your other posts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm glad it's not just me who was getting the ENFP vibe from this. I often second guess myself

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm leaning towards ENFP, but I have been very extroverted lately. I can be very introverted too.

I did suffer from insecurities and confidence issues for many years, but I also introverted around 5 when a series of sucky circumstances started happening to me. I became very much withdrawn and lived in my head a great deal. I was an avid reader and had some problems becoming emotionally attached to characters and stories in books. I had an imaginary friend for a couple years starting at 3. I tend to introvert to see how I view things, but then I need to express myself to others through writing, talking, sex, or performance arts. Sometimes I can only express myself accurately though writing, and other times speaking is much easier for me.

When I get hurt or defensive I think everyone is against me. For years I felt like no one liked me, and everyone was purposefully trying to leave me out, but then I go through periods where I am "the life of the party" so to speak.

I've read some on cognitive functions and taken tests. I am reading Lenore's book Personality Type: An owner's manual right now too. When I test for cognitive functions I usually end up as INFP or ENFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well it's possible to be on the border
    And you said that you are growing a lot atm. When that's done it will be easierto determine your type...or you just might be an ambivert. My mother is more of an xNFJ than full on ENFJ...but she feels she is more on the ENFJ side (her dominant function is Fe).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I didn't realize there was a word for it, but yes I feel like an ambivert.

I've always felt like the extroverted loner.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ambivert is when you have an equal number of introverted and extraverted traits...like you are right in the middle of the scale. So it's possible to be on the border

ENFPs do often feel like the extraverted loner. But INFPs often feel lonely and misunderstood. Both my sisters are INFP and ENFP.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

As soon as I read the original post, I said to myself, "Pshawwww.... she's an ENFP." Welcome to the fold sister.

I think HollyGoLightly's advice is dead on. It's all about cognitive processes and hierarchy of functions. My INFP friends and I are so much alike. But there are differences, too.

I recommend you check out the difference between Ne and Fi. Both INFP and ENFP have these functions. But it's more to do with our starting place. There is a big difference between:

Ne buttressed by Fi, and
    Fi buttressed by Ne.

Once you understand the more subtle points, then you'll have no more doubt.

I say again, ENFP. T-O-T-A-L-L-Y.