• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extrovert or Introvert?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is parte uno of figuring out what I'm more like in type. As of now I am a xxTP, with no idea as to whether I'm an extrovert or an introvert (the N/S will be saved for later).

So, I recently took the cognitive processes test, and it opened up a lot for me to consider, as I tied with basically four functions (Ne, Se, Fe, Ti)
For some reason, it said I was more of an introvert (ISTP) but that could've been because Ti was the dominant function...but I don't know.

Tests aren't working out for me, that's why I've come to you, fellow forumers.

I want to see what you think I am, extrovert or introvert (go ahead if you want to guess N/S as well, but I'm not going to provide stuff for that just yet).

What makes myself think I am an E is because:
-I need social interaction. I haven't socialized with my friends in person for over a week and I feel like I'm going crazy.

- If I'm people I have never met, I'm pretty much an open book, which is why people seem to love my first impressions and want to know me even more.

-I love being surrounded by people, like in big cities. I'm looking to move to one very soon. I just find people so entertaining.

What makes myself think I'm an I is because:

-For the most part, excluding being around friends, I want nothing to do with people. I see people in a misanthropic way, for the most part, and am very apathetic about others unless I try and build a relationship with someone.

-I am very shy around certain kinds of people. People I don't know doesn't count, but if it's people I have known as acquaintances, then I have a lot of trouble being able to talk to them for I feel like since they never really made an effort to know me, then I don't think they want to hear what I have to say, so I almost 'fear' talking to them, depending on what it's about.

-Lately I've chosen to stay in isolation in my aunt's house rather than go out with friends...which I'm almost indifferent about. I'd like to go out, but I have trust issues with most people as well as myself, enough to prevent me to.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Do you really enjoy interacting with strangers or are you simply amused and entertained by them?

The former makes you a likely extravert.
The latter makes you more likely an introvert.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
This is parte uno of figuring out what I'm more like in type. As of now I am a xxTP, with no idea as to whether I'm an extrovert or an introvert (the N/S will be saved for later).

So, I recently took the cognitive processes test, and it opened up a lot for me to consider, as I tied with basically four functions (Ne, Se, Fe, Ti)
For some reason, it said I was more of an introvert (ISTP) but that could've been because Ti was the dominant function...but I don't know.

Tests aren't working out for me, that's why I've come to you, fellow forumers.

I want to see what you think I am, extrovert or introvert (go ahead if you want to guess N/S as well, but I'm not going to provide stuff for that just yet).

-I need social interaction. I haven't socialized with my friends in person for over a week and I feel like I'm going crazy.

- If I'm people I have never met, I'm pretty much an open book, which is why people seem to love my first impressions and want to know me even more.

-I love being surrounded by people, like in big cities. I'm looking to move to one very soon. I just find people so entertaining.

-For the most part, excluding being around friends, I want nothing to do with people. I see people in a misanthropic way, for the most part, and am very apathetic about others unless I try and build a relationship with someone.

-I am very shy around certain kinds of people. People I don't know doesn't count, but if it's people I have known as acquaintances, then I have a lot of trouble being able to talk to them for I feel like since they never really made an effort to know me, then I don't think they want to hear what I have to say, so I almost 'fear' talking to them, depending on what it's about.

-Lately I've chosen to stay in isolation in my aunt's house rather than go out with friends...which I'm almost indifferent about. I'd like to go out, but I have trust issues with most people as well as myself, enough to prevent me to.

E.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're an extrovert. Extroverts can very easily be misanthropic or shy, or both, but they're still energized by social ineraction, and thus enjoy being around friends, or around people in general. You seem to fit that profile.

And as for that test telling you you're ISTP -- don't worry about it, that test is fucked. it told me I was INFP, despite the fact it itself said I was clearly Ne-dominant.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you are an extravert. You seem to have a preference for extraversion anyway. The reasons you give fore being an introvert are things you can't control, such as:

I'd like to go out, but I have trust issues with most people as well as myself, enough to prevent me to.

Anybody can have trust issues or have things that make them feel that they can't be as socialble as they want. But the point it that you would prefer to be around people
but they are just things that are holding you back a bit.

An introvert wouldn't say this.

I'm an introvert and I don't feel this way about people. Introversion isn't really about whether you like people or not...I have a huge depth or caring for other people...but I prefer to be alone and I get drained by social interaction. From what you said before, it seems that yo uare energised by social interaction.

Shyness and introversion aren't the same. Introversion is a preference to do more soliatry activities. Shyness is a fear of social interaction. Some introverts aren't even shy.

Apologies for any typos. I'm exhausted =[
But from what you have said you seem like an extravert. I hope this has helped :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shyness and introversion aren't the same. Introversion is a preference to do more soliatry activities. Shyness is a fear of social interaction. Some introverts aren't even shy.
Precisely; and it's more common for extroverts to be shy than you might think. I'm fairly shy, myself.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ENFP sister is shy. My INFP sister is pretty confident. I'm an INFJ and I'm painfully shy. Point being, anybody can be shy :) But it's very easy to confuse introversion and shyness...when I first took the MBTI test and saw that it said I was an introvert I thought it was because I was shy.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree on Extroverted for the reasons above. My best guess is ENTP. They're some of the more introverted extroverts. I doubt you're an ESTP... The E/I difference is huge in STPs, not so much in NTPs.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree StephMC, I feel tawanda is an ENTP. But I didn't want to say because I didn't want to be too much of an influence as I feel that only you are the best judge of your own type. This part made me think ENTP and I have spoken to other ENTPs before and they have said the same kind of thing:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ENFP sister is shy. My INFP sister is pretty confident. I'm an INFJ and I'm painfully shy. Point being, anybody can be shy :) But it's very easy to confuse introversion and shyness...when I first took the MBTI test and saw that it said I was an introvert I thought it was because I was shy.
I actually tested as an introvert initially, precisely because I was shy. I'm somewhat more strongly extroverted now though, and I've come out of my shell a bit. Now I come out E.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Extrovert basically means you are most stimulated by an extroverted cognitive process i.e. Ne or Se or Te or Fe.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah, okay. Thanks for all the advice. Considering E/I seems to be a stimulation thing more than anything, I'd have to agree with people saying that I am an extrovert, since, like I said, I enjoy being around people.