First 123 Last

Thread: ENTP or INTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Sorry, it was a joke. He quoted a single sentence and proclaimed you were an E from that (a very J tendency). So I quoted his sentence and proclaimed he was a J.
    Ah, I was the one who did that, not him. You're right, though. I am a J.

@Ajax: Could you give us a little more information? Your post is pretty vague. Since you said that you're energized when you're around people, I assumed that you were an E. Why do you think that you may be an I? Do you think that you use Ti/Ne instead of Ne/Ti?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Going off very little information, I'm going to venture a guess and say INTP. The two INTPs I know actually enjoy being around people every once in a while, most of all when they can talk about their ideas.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Going off very little information, I'm going to venture a guess and say INTP. The two INTPs I know actually enjoy being around people every once in a while, most of all when they can talk about their ideas.
    I enjoy being around people. People I know, people who are capable of conducting an intelligent conversation and people who won't get too bothered when I talk incessantly about a new theory I read or something similar.

Yes, I can be a pain in the arse. Generally uninterested in talking unless it's about something that interests me personally (in which case it's me doing all the talking).
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

^ Yes, that definitely sounds more INTP... ENTPs have tons of ideas just like INTPs, but they don't mind stepping into conversations unrelated (or ones they have little interest in) as much. My ENTP best friend can hold a conversation with anybody about anything if he really wanted, and with little energy applied. I don't think my INTPs could do this even if it killed them.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I need more info. It's difficult to help type someone just on:

I enjoy going out and I get very energised from talking to people, especially if they cover my interests.
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I need more info. It's difficult to help type someone just on:
    What info shall I specifically give?

Quote Originally Posted by Havane View Post

@Ajax: Could you give us a little more information? Your post is pretty vague. Since you said that you're energized when you're around people, I assumed that you were an E. Why do you think that you may be an I? Do you think that you use Ti/Ne instead of Ne/Ti?
    Because I do identify with both profiles but at the same time I don't identify with them. I like to correct people but I don't read a huge amount of books because I usually become distracted and read another, unless it is related to one of my projects and I can actively apply it or there is just really nothing else to do, like for instance in a long car journey. I also prefer to watch documentaries and I thought that a ENTP trait?

My understanding is that each type is simply reversed in their dominant function?

(ENTP)
    However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion.
    (INTP)
    INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight.

I think I do both to various degree. I was supposed to do my dissertation ( ) but I completely ignored it and focused on other projects despite being insanely enthusiastic to begin with. With regards to INTP, I think this is rather self-evident in that I am sitting at 5am in the morning writing this.

Maybe INTPness is right. I am stuck in limbo.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

When reading the type profiles you aren't goingto agree with everything it says. Bear in mind the description needs to cater to bother genders, differen't cultures, ages etc so it's not going to be a perfect fit. There's some things that don't fit me in the INFJ description but it doesn't make me any less of an INFJ. It's also possible to be borderline introvert/extravert like INTPness said

Have you ever been able to work out whether Ne or Ti is your dominat function?
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

Riva

"... but I enjoy going out and I get very energised from talking to people, especially if they cover my interests."

ENTP.
    INTP.

If you want to light a INTP like a candle that is exactly what you should do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ... Maybe INTPness is right. I am stuck in limbo.
    It could be that your I and E are balanced, but people usually favor one or the other. I see more ENTP in you than INTP (especially since ENTPs are commonly viewed as the most Introverted Extrovert), but there's still not enough information given to type you accurately.

Would you mind telling us what your Big 5 and Enneagram types are? I've found that taking those tests can be very helpful in indicting your MBTI type. (If you're not sure, similarminds.com has versions of both tests available.)

MBTI
    xNTP

It could be that your I and E are balanced, but people usually favor one or the other. I see more ENTP in you than INTP (especially since ENTPs are commonly viewed as the most Introverted Extrovert), but there's still not enough information given to type you accurately.

Would you mind telling us what your Big 5 and Enneagram types are? I've found that taking those tests can be very helpful in indicting your MBTI type. (If you're not sure, similarminds.com has versions of both tests available.)
    I have taken (or at least I think) Big 5:

Extroversion |||||||||||||| 52%
    Orderliness |||| 18%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 64%
    Accommodation |||||||||| 34%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||| 54%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.

Orderliness results were low which suggests you are overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense too often of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

I sound like a narcissistic bastard.

I got 7 on the Enneagram test but I seem to remember getting both types at one point. I also believe that I understated my thirst for knowledge in the test since I only got 29 on type 5.

Two friends think differently on my type. I know that one ESTJ thinks I am INTP and another INTJ thinks I am ENTP. They both put their point across as if it is an absolute truth and to be honest although it amuses me, they do not seem willing to debate it (which irritates me). It is also ironic too is that the ESTJ says he hates everything that ESTJ stands for and seems to go off in a wild, angry tangent when I say I think that's his type. :p

Psychology is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    INTP.

If you want to light a INTP like a candle that is exactly what you should do.
    I don't really understand what you mean.