• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP, ESFJ, INFP- What am I?

Lawren

MBTI Type
Ugh.
So here's my problem. I was introduced to Myers and Briggs back in December of this last year. My ENFJ Friend gave me an online test and I typed originally as an ESFJ. All's well. Yeah- False. I'm just going show you what's happened since then.

Firstly I was typed as an ESFJ.

Then another test said I was ENFP.

Confused I retook the first test and got ENFJ.

Retook the second Test and got ESFP. (Nearly died of Horror)

This was all within a few months, mind you.

And from there I just read all of the personality types and tried to type myself. Which is very hard.... because there are several things that I fit in multiple personality's.

And why this bugs me so much you may ask? My dear poopsie INTJ.
Yep. My closet friend is an INTJ, and he has a huge thing against ESFP's (No Duh) and sensing types in general. So every time I would do something 'wrong' or 'dumb' he would immediately use the "Ugh... what a sensing type" insult. This did not sit well me at all. I was hurt initially, until I grew to be more tolerant of his behavior. And still after that I was determined to not let him get the best of me. If there is one thing I cannot stand- it is being considered stupid or obnoxious and by saying that he was using both. (not that I'm not ever either of those, I just don't like to be reminded)

The INTJ... No, no we're not done with him yet. When I first met him, the initial reaction was "What a weirdie..." Then within a matter of days-(this is high school after all)- I was very intrigued by him, so much in fact that I did everything possible to become not just his friend, but a best friend; Which was eventually the end result. Always had this 'crush' on him too, which doesn't help with my being so easily influenced by his opinion I suppose.

We are good friends, and we hang out a lot and seem to bare each others company well. I really do like INTJ's in general, and I find them simply fascinating.

From there on I learned a considerable amount about Myers and Briggs, and about S and N's, but unfortunately by then I had taken so many of the online tests that I knew which questions inferred what, and I always got what I wanted. Therefore making it highly inaccurate.

When I was first typed as an ESFJ I read the typelogic profile and was amazed at how accurate it was. Minus a few things like the fact of tradition loving, and "too trusting of friends" (I'm actually very suspicious), and the fact that the primary career is in 'child care' (Lets just say my patience and appreciation for children is a low...).

But ENFJ fit's me really well too. I read somewhere that they tend to "Take on a skin of whomever they've been with or admire." Which happens a lot.

And then there's that secret part of me that really wants to be an ENFP for that fact that it's an INTJ's perfect match. (See the correlation?)
but, but, but, but! I actually fit A LOT Into a ENFP as well. So... I don't know If I could actually be an ENFP or If my 'feelings' are getting in the way and I am simply convincing myself that I am one to please my internal infatuation for my INTJ?!?!? See my dilemma?!?!

So I considered myself an ENTP, because ENXP Fits a lot of me. It satisfied my need to be an N and also to not be an ENFP becasue of my INTJ. So that's where we are currently.

And you know, it doesn't help that I am 3 or a 6 on the enneagram either.

So... Before I let it into your hands let just give you a wee bit about me personally.
-I can easily become obsessed with things. (Hence MBTI)
-I prefer the older crowd. My close friends in high school are two grades head of me. Also I'd rather spend time with adults and hear their opinions, than with my peers.
-I am VERY (Please note the Capitalization) concerned with how people view me. Not everyone, but my close ones definitely. I work up a lot to maintain an image (which is bad I know), and I sorta freak out when that wall is taken down.
-I make friends very easily, but have a hard time keeping them unless I actually find them useful for me.
-I like new ideas, and love coming up with new ones. My best friend (an INFJ, and my cousin) usually work really well together to make our ideas come forth.
-I like to know everything. Give me the personal details the facts, and every bit of info. I can be way to pushy and nosy because of that.
-I am manipulative. Sometimes it is for good. But there are times when I manipulate for my own selfish reasons.
-I love INXJ's. Yeah, they are pretty much the bomb. Other than my INTJ, My three closest friends of all time were INFJ's.
-I have to be prodded to take risks sometimes, becasue I constantly worry about 'worst case' scenarios.
- I do love spontaneity. :) As long as the risk isn't too much.
- I get good grades in school
-Jealousy and envy are bad.. but I stoop to it very much so.
-My mother is an IXFJ and we get along well for the most part, unless she gets really 'feely'. Which happens a lot. My father an I?TP Can rub me the wrong way. He always seem to tease me when I am clearly not in the mood to be teased. But we react to things similarly and have the same impatience for little children.
-I'm pretty responsible, and I don't cheat in school because of the nasty guilt that rules my life.
-I do value stability, but more so of the mind then financial. One thing I cannot stand about myself is my inconsistencies. "Just decide and stay with it!"
-I can be judgmental and (annoyingly) hypocritical at times.
-i like to give to others just to see their reactions. Though sometimes its for selfish reasons.
-And I obviously have too much time on my hands, to write this. :) Wow that's a lot...

Thank you to whoever took there time to read this...
-Lawren

Just don't say ESFP. Ugh. I mean do... if that's what you honestly think.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Your post seems random enough to indicate you might be ENFP. :D

KDude

ENFP..

But knock some sense in your INTJ friend, now that you're his preferred type :D Tell him he is a halfassed INTJ unless he makes some use of that Se. It's there to support them, not something to scoff at.

DanceLikeAdam

MBTI Type
INFJ
I do love spontaneity. As long as the risk isn't too much.

Oh dear. Personally, that one time, was quite risky. But it hasn't shown up yet, if you know what I mean.

I kinda agree with KDude. Your INTJ is kinda.....well, he's kinda......scary. He needs to get in touch with his F side, too.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
When you say "-I am VERY (Please note the Capitalization) concerned with how people view me" is this because you want to stay true to you individual identity/values and personal feelings or morph yourself to be able to connect with others?

G

garbage

So every time I would do something 'wrong' or 'dumb' he would immediately use the "Ugh... what a sensing type" insult.

your friend is a huge retard

Don't worry, though, you seem ENFP for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with him

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:thelook: what's wrong with being a sensor... or an ESFP for that matter... I've met some fairly fabulous ESFPs before who totally weren't the "party person" stereotype :nono:

not to mention that I know ESFJs who are sure that almost all people are probably up to no good and must be suspected AND who would rather eat a bowl of eyeballs than work in child care :laugh:

have you taken this test? it could give some more perspective on the issue...

Lawren

MBTI Type
Ugh.
When you say "-I am VERY (Please note the Capitalization) concerned with how people view me" is this because you want to stay true to you individual identity/values and personal feelings or morph yourself to be able to connect with others?
And that is where we have some conflict. When I don't honor my values or stay true to myself I feel fake and stressed. But I feel this 'hidden' obligation (Probably from how I was raised) to be what everyone expects from me.

Lawren

MBTI Type
Ugh.
:thelook: what's wrong with being a sensor... or an ESFP for that matter... I've met some fairly fabulous ESFPs before who totally weren't the "party person" stereotype :nono:

not to mention that I know ESFJs who are sure that almost all people are probably up to no good and must be suspected AND who would rather eat a bowl of eyeballs than work in child care :laugh:

have you taken this test? it could give some more perspective on the issue...

Nice... It said ESFP. But it said consider ISFP or ENFP.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with sensors, but ever since I learned about Myers and Briggs that's just been the aura that's followed our conversations.

The way it was originally explained to me by my friend in high school was:
"Sensors are the popular people"
"Intuitives are the not-popular people"

So I was assumed an 'S' because I actually made an effort to have friends. My INTJ and my two other friends obviously thought that intuitives are amazing, and were stupid enough to think that I 'an S' didn't notice or care as they demeaned me in every conversation... No I'm not bitter.

All three of them also have this "I need to be unique to be special" Complex, which I myself have carried on. So being an 'Intuitive' completed that for them. But that left me being the stereotypical nobody, while they got to be 'smart' somebodies.

Anyway after I looked up what actually makes and 'S' or an 'N' nobody really seemed to care anymore and I was accused of being obsessed with something stupid. Yet we still talk about it on a daily basis so I might as well not be typed wrongly, eh?

Ugh.

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Ignore your INTJ friend. He sounds incredibly ignorant and misinformed.

You seem like an ENFP to me, but if it turns out that you are an ESFP, so what? ESFPs can be awesome. The important thing is that you're a healthy, happy, balanced person, not whether you're a Sensor or iNtuitor. The MBTI can be a great tool to help you understand yourself and others, but it's just a theory. Your type does not dictate who you are.

Check out the ESFP, ENFP and ISFP forums on Personality Cafe. It should give you more insight into each type.

Liesl

You do NOT seem to have ENFP preferences at all. I'm definitely getting the xxFJ vibe from you. I would say you are likely ENFJ. FPs and FJs have very distinctive interactive styles and ways of judging morality. And you seem closer to the FJ side of the scale, judging from your post.