User Tag List

Lightbulb If Youre Unsure About Your Type

Honestly the best thing you can do is go out and buy david keirsey's book "please understand me II" and take the test in the back. or purchase the test on his website. i dont believe, necessarily, in his relationship pairings, but its the most accurate test i've ever found. when you take the test you may find yourself wanting to answer neither or both to the questions...this comes the point where you just either relax and let yourself answer honestly or you focus on your life and answer what seems more true.

part of the reason people are probably so confused is they either never took a test or else they took one of the lousy tests out there like on similiarminds and the results were false so now they're confused. honestly, the above advice will solve your problem and let you start getting more indepth into mbti and socionics.

MBTI
    INTj

What if you've read that book a few times AND taken the test, yet you still don't know for sure?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ

I think the best thing to do is to take a cognitive functions test: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I don't really like Please Understand Me. It gets too technical with the terms without really explaining them. Terms for the sake of terms without really showing how they are real.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I think the best thing to do is to take a cognitive functions test: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes
    I agree. Except it brought me out as an ISTJ, which I don't think is correct.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Keirsey's Temperament Sorter (the one with four-letter results) is actually an excellent test, and the correlation to the MBTI is extremely high.

I do not like Please Understand Me II beyond his test in the front of the book. However, his original book written with Marilyn Bates was good, because Keirsey didn't seem so confused with his theories.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Are you kidding me? That test is about one of the only ones that has not been statistically validated.

The best test is still the *official* MBTI. It's the only one that has really been deemed valid and reliable.

MBTI
    OMNi

I thought the only one that is really considered even remotely close to valid is the Big Five. The MBTI seems to get nothing but criticism from experts.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I thought the only one that is really considered even remotely close to valid is the Big Five. The MBTI seems to get nothing but criticism from experts.
    Yes that's right but as far as measuring MBTI type, let's say that the "least bad" is the official MBTI