• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or ENFJ?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just wondering about someone I know as to which category she falls into- she's definitley an xNFJ and has read the descriptions and feels that they both apply

for a few details

- she was almost painfully shy as a child, but has grown to be less so
- she's slow to anger, but when angered stays angry for a while
- she tends to be paranoid about other's motives
- she reads strange contexts into things that people say
- she has a degree in creative writing with a specialization in poetry
- as a hobby, she writes and preforms songs, usually folk... she has to be pretty drunk/high to preform for anyone else
- she is very passionate about social justice issues
- she claims to hate humanity, but cries at movies and television programs
- she loves to read, but is a very slow reader
- she's somewhat convinced that "the man" is probably out to get her

any help on determining E v I would be helpful... she tests with about equal Fe and Ni on cognitive functions tests most of the time and usually tests as an I on the simple tests :)

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
Sounds like some INFJs I've known.

woolgatherer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know what INFJs are like, but she sounds like an introvert.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I forgot one detail... when pissed off she can chew someone out like nobody's business :shock:

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
She's an INFJ. Oh yeah, big time. :laugh:

That could be me except for the creative writing and slow reading thingy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thanks! :hug:

and on noooo!!! my sister is my opposite!!! :rofl1:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forgot one detail... when pissed off she can chew someone out like nobody's business :shock:

:laugh:

She sounds like an INFJ friend of mine - who you do NOT want to be around when she's pissed off. Fortunately I've never pissed her off.. but I know what she'd be like! She's a fiery one for sure. :) I myself have never been quite like that..but that's probably more related to enneagram or other things like how I was raised.

Agree with others - sounds INFJ to me!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I kind of had some weird extrovert bias that NO introvert should be that fiery :blush:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's this thing called the ESTP shadow side :whistling:

I get madder than anyone I know when I'm wronged. I spit, curse, and want to literally rip someone's head off. :) Lately the road crew has been rude to me, even though they can't seem to put the 'stop' signs in a pertinent place (i'm always confused about when to go or stay, so I usually go :smile:) and I get the glare and reprimanded. Yesterday I called the lady a bitch and I'm afraid she might have heard it, much to my children's chagrin. :huh: My temper has actually been one of the things that has made me question my type on more than one occasion.

But mostly I'm docile as a puppy dog. :wag: :tongue:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I've even seen her tell off cops before... it was what totally had me doubting :shock:

though the shadow side thing would make sense... she gets upset and she acts more like me, I get more upset and I get more like her :doh:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ for sure.

yeah... I kind of had some weird extrovert bias that NO introvert should be that fiery :blush:

Many INFJs are very fiery when pushed. It might even be one of the tell-tale signs of an INFJ.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha. yeah. Authority means caca to me in that moment. My son is actually worried about me getting someone (crazy) mad someday........Glad to hear I'm not the only one. :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah... I've even seen her tell off cops before... it was what totally had me doubting :shock:

I'm beginning to wonder if you're my sister playing an ESTP, because the OP description could have (almost) been me. And I've told cops off before... they're not exactly my most favorite people.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I have been horrified that in situations involving authority figures and perceived injustices I'm the one who has to step in and be reasonable- I'm the one with the family's quick temper in most cases :laugh:

wow... us being opposites would explain the dynamics somewhat :shock:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm beginning to wonder if you're my sister playing an ESTP, because the OP description could have (almost) been me. And I've told cops off before... they're not exactly my most favorite people.

lol... I have enough pics up on here that it should be certain that I'm probably not her! :laugh:

funny though... you don't design jewelry and sell it as a hobby do you? :thelook:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can easily get more opinionated or huffy around people I don't know at all; I totally get into this ESTP-confrontational thing when I'm out hiking and people are being disrespectful/oblivious to the environment or things like that. I have no problem calling them out on it and probably coming across as :azdaja:. I've also never really had a problem speaking up to authority (leaders/higher-ups at work)... I really don't care and will try to get my overall point across. Basically I'm kind of 'fearless' when it comes to higher-ups. They don't intimidate me.

But in general I don't have much of a temper (beyond showing irritation), and tend to be pretty diplomatic all the time. The INFJ friend I was referring to though has told me she needs to work on her temper. :)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol... I have enough pics up on here that it should be certain that I'm probably not her! :laugh:

It would be completely like her to post fake pics. :)

funny though... you don't design jewelry and sell it as a hobby do you? :thelook:

Nope... sounds like something I would do though. Your sister sounds awesome. You should tell her to join.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In the average situation she's the one telling me to chill, but when something unjust happens (or when she gets lost and confused and is tired) the roles reverse :yes:

I'm the attack dog, she's the avenging angel :jesus:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be completely like her to post fake pics. :)

unless your sis lives in Indy.... :ninja:

Nope... sounds like something I would do though. Your sister sounds awesome. You should tell her to join.

I told her to... now I live in a state of paranoia that she has joined and just hasn't told me who she is for the fun of it :peepwall: