User Tag List

First 123 Last

i think anyone with healthy Fi can play the peacemaker. Fi is about recognizing sort of..universal values in a way (that's how Fi sees it at least)

7 or 9 though are distinct by the energy lvl put off. the first can be super lively,the other super relaxed. and 9's can sit on their thoughts and opinions longer than anyone else.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    7 or 9 though are distinct by the energy lvl put off. the first can be super lively,the other super relaxed. and 9's can sit on their thoughts and opinions longer than anyone else.
    Yes, and this is why this is difficult to do having not met her in person.

I'd lean towards 7 as it is. Any ideas about a possible wing, LadyX?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well when i take test it tells me 7w8 but i had decided i was 7w6 and when i looked at those quick descriptions just now 9w1 sounds more accurate than 9w8 i guess because i have no desire for power

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 9: Peace-Seeker
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well when i take test it tells me 7w8 but i had decided i was 7w6 and when i looked at those quick descriptions just now 9w1 sounds more accurate than 9w8 i guess because i have no desire for power

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 9: Peace-Seeker
    9w8 doesn't want power either.. they still want peace.. it's just that their fuse blows when things aren't working out.. and then they go right back to where they were again. i think one site called the 9w8 the "referee". so it's not typically aggressive. just enforcing the peace sometimes.

personally, im just gonna stay away from enneagram. i end up liking all of them

brainheart

moi, aussi. It took way too long for me to figure out my mbti type, and now I'm going to do it all over again with the enneagram?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

9w8 doesn't want power either.. they still want peace.. it's just that their fuse blows when things aren't working out.. and then they go right back to where they were again. i think one site called the 9w8 the "referee". so it's not typically aggressive. just enforcing the peace sometimes.

haha i know! i just took another test and got 9w8...i can't be trusted to take tests anymore.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

There's also snippets about mistyping here.

Sevens and Nines are both optimistic, and both types generally have a positive regard for others. Sevens are prone to self-centeredness however, whereas Nines often give too much deference to the thoughts and feelings of others. Sevens tend to throw themselves into activity under stress, whereas Nines are prone to withdrawal. Sevens are more "hyper," Nines more grounded.

I think the only other type I've scored as is 9, I don't relate at all to being hyper, based on the above snippet I'd lean towards 9 but 7 is just too me. You do certainly read as a peacekeeper but you've not presented anything that didn't seem mostly 7 to me. This part of what you quoted sounds particularly contrary to each other, what's your take on it?

Nines do not seek the same kind of happiness that Sevens do (euphoria and elation). Instead, they wish to maintain a state of placid contentment, of being neither too excited nor in discomfort. Indeed, if they could, they would be completely free of excessive stimulation of any kind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

contentment sounds like death a lil bit....i mean in a way i wish i wanted it...i wish i didn't get restless and need to change things up so that i could just be happy and content but the idea of not having that constant passion and interest in things seems a bit like i would be giving up on life...but i fantasize about wanting it...wow that's contradictory. :/
    -Jim Morrison

I'm 9w8 and I like the idea of contentment. I only get restless when my contentment is moved in on. That doesn't mean I don't like new things, I do. That post by kdude on 9w8 sums it up well. It is like I want balance while I move forward. For me and others. Hard to explain.

Everybody fights against aspects that are ingrained somewhat. It is just being honest with who you are now and running with it.

I would go with 7w6 off the top of my head.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...i probably overstated that need. i mean i am content for long periods but i do desire new experiences and change a lot....i think the way it manifests for me is that i dream of finding that perfect place i want to live that's near a lot of cool places i want to travel to and i want my work to be something that has a lot of variety and room for expansion...so...i feel like i would be content if i had something stable that offered a lot of variety.

edit: it was my friends boyfriend who mentioned he thought i was and after thinking about it i was like...maybe that's why i feel much calmer than some of the enfps people talk about on here....robin williams in 7w6 and he's way energetic. i'm not like that.
    -Jim Morrison