User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Question Am I ENFP or ENTP

The ends justify the means
    Firstly, (in my opinion) the ends always justify the means. Additionaly, what you want to achieve with an action is always more admirable than the actual results of the action. (The results of your actions can of course be attributed to you in some way as well, but that is praise for you being great, not for you acting in a moral way.)

Still, since you can never know the exact consequenses of your actions, the "right" thing to do is usually what will result in a good effect on the spot. In general, I think people who can't act to further what they figure to be "right" according to their values are either to much ruled by their emotions, or lack knowledge and understanding about the results of their actions.
    >>>I am guilty of both (I think everyone is in some way).

Values

If you have some kind of values and abide by them, I will respect you for it. It doesn't really matter if I agree with them. However, if you can't act to further them, I will consider you an idiot.

My own value system goes all by general happyness. What benefits everyone is the right thing to strive for. Of course, I have my own beliefs of what would accomplish this.

If we reach consensus on how to act, but not why, I might still consider you amoral or stupid for deciding on the action in an amoral/stupid way (I usually try to point out effects for people who seem concerned but err in logic. When people don't care, it annoys, puzzles or scares me).

Note

These are just my beliefs, and I think they are the most NTP thing about me. In action I'm very emotional and respect integrity to the point where I don't wish to change other people's views because that would be intruding on them. I still tend to convince people about theories and other things half by mistake only to realize that differently from me, they don't like to keep a couple of different hypothesises and models in their head at the same time. They take the stuff to their heart and actually go and do stuff with it right away.
    Last edited by Elemental Chaos; 05-30-2010 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Changed the first bolded to "The ends justify the means" from "The means justify the ends".
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

ENTP, you don't seem to have any ENFPness. Your interest in the brain could be a dead giveaway, not to say that ENFPs aren't interested in the brain, it's just that I couldn't see one putting that in their sig.

Gotta love little clues
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental Chaos View Post
    The means justify the ends
    Firstly, (in my opinion) the means always justify the ends. Consequently, what you want to achieve with an action is always more admirable than the actual results of the action. (The results of your actions can of course be attributed to you in some way as well, but that is praise for you being great, not for you acting in a moral way.)

Still, since you can never know the exact consequenses of your actions, the "right" thing to do is usually what will result in a good effect on the spot. In general, I think people who can't act to further what they figure to be "right" according to their values are either to much ruled by their emotions, or lack knowledge and understanding about the results of their actions.
    >>>I am guilty of both (I think everyone is in some way).

Values

If you have some kind of values and abide by them, I will respect you for it. It doesn't really matter if I agree with them. However, if you can't act to further them, I will consider you an idiot.

My own value system goes all by general happyness. What benefits everyone is the right thing to strive for. Of course, I have my own beliefs of what would accomplish this.

If we reach consensus on how to act, but not why, I might still consider you amoral or stupid for deciding on the action in an amoral/stupid way (I usually try to point out effects for people who seem concerned but err in logic. When people don't care, it annoys, puzzles or scares me).

Note

These are just my beliefs, and I think they are the most NTP thing about me. In action I'm very emotional and respect integrity to the point where I don't wish to change other people's views because that would be intruding on them. I still tend to convince people about theories and other things half by mistake only to realize that differently from me, they don't like to keep a couple of different hypothesises and models in their head at the same time. They take the stuff to their heart and actually go and do stuff with it right away.
    yeah...i say entp also...the bolded especially does not feel very enfp to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

I don't see anything particularly any more Ti than Fi.

Being close to ENTP myself, I can tell you it's not at all clear cut. If I wasn't such a values fanatic (meaning that I stress values even more than other ENFPs)...apart from that I could very well be an ENTP.

Bolded sounds very ENFP to me actually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

how so? it doesn't matter how something is achieved? i'd rather someone fail than lie and manipulate or go against something important to them to get something.

that's how i interpreted it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

I meant it this way: You want to save someone's life? To me that is something that overrules alot of other things morally and thus allows you to do alot of things that you normaly wouldn't do. Another thing is that I might not be able to do it, or I might hate myself for doing it. If the goal was worth it (save two persons but killing one, for example). I would see it as something that should be done, but not something that I wanted to do or perhaps would even be able to do.

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

I think it's a thing of actions versus thought's for me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental Chaos View Post
    I meant it this way: You want to save someone's life? To me that is something that overrules alot of other things morally and thus allows you to do alot of things that you normaly wouldn't do. Another thing is that I might not be able to do it, or I might hate myself for doing it. If the goal was worth it (save two persons but killing one, for example). I would see it as something that should be done, but not something that I wanted to do or perhaps would even be able to do.
    Bravo! , and that's Thinking for you
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    how so? it doesn't matter how something is achieved? i'd rather someone fail than lie and manipulate or go against something important to them to get something.

that's how i interpreted it.
    Well exactly. If you rather someone fail than use means like lie and manipulate than "the means justify the ends" and not "the end justify the means".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sure that i understand...it's not at all black and white. everything would have to be weighed and prioritized.
    -Jim Morrison