User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well exactly. If you rather someone fail than use means like lie and manipulate than "the means justify the ends" and not "the end justify the means".
    sure that is what he wrote but it did not sound like what he meant because he then went on to say it was less important to be moral if the end result justified it.

unless i misread it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    sure that is what he wrote but it did not sound like what he meant because he then went on to say it was less important to be moral if the end result justified it.

unless i misread it.
    You did. He says intent is always more important. He was saying praise that people don't get praise for being moral but for getting results.

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Oops, I see know that I wrote "The means justify the ends" - hilarious.

Well, that's more how I act. But not how I think. So it's kind of correct but shouldn't have been written just there.
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Ehrm, the thread is growing faster than I update, sorry. Anyway, the Ends justify the means. I just might not be able to do it.

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Well, I'm a "the means justify the ends" myself so it wouldn't be that weird.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sounds fe to me...or rather that you think it ought to be that way but struggle with it...yeah?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Now that I reread it, it almost seems more logical with "the means justify the ends" considering the rest of the first paragraph. I meant that you look to the results, factor in all your knowledge, and do what gives the best result in the end. If that means you have to lie, you have to lie.

What I was also saying in the same piece was that you're not accountable for things you don't know about. This part supported "the means justify the ends" as it is now written.

Even later I tried to clear up that if you start playing god and think you know all the consequenses of your actions you will likely go wrong because you don't know enough. So the obviously moral alternative (if there is one) might be the best "ends" in the end.

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Just to add: This means that I pay very little heed to rules and give almost all credit to good intentions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah well now i'm properly confused
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

I tend to have that effect on people. I'll just change the first part of the first paragraph so it says what it should say. The rest is just a tangled mess I guess...