User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I do like the description of a type 4 and in a way actually feel slightly unworthy of it. I dislike the idea of being a type 2. I'm mostly indifferent to type 9.

Any thoughts?
    Yes, you're almost definitely a 4 if you feel that way.

4's can disintegrate into 2's under stress, just so you know.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

INTJMom, it's not about dissecting it bit by bit; I can't do your maths for you. Sorry to dishearten you. Just get the gist of what applies to you most; One or Five, and you will have the answer as to your type. Also, try and get hold of The Wisdom of the Enneagram or indeed any meaty Enneagram book. Read the chapters on One and Five. I can assure you that one type will stand out more than the other after rigorous study (something INTJs are good at ) of each type, and of both types comparatively.

I'd like to play.

I have had stretches in the past of typing 4, 9, and most recently 2 (the typing as a 2 is a recent phenomenon).

Here are my similar mind results (taken tonight):

Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 58%

Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 38%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||| 34%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 34%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 14%

sp/so/sx

And the Enneagram Institute results (taken tonight):

Type 4 - 7
    Type 9 - 7

Type 1 - 5
    Type 2 - 4
    Type 5 - 4
    Type 3 - 3
    Type 6 - 3
    Type 7 - 3
    Type 8 - 0

I have most often considered myself a type 4 without an identifiable wing.

However, there are things about type 9 and type 2 that could be me as well. I do like the description of a type 4 and in a way actually feel slightly unworthy of it. I dislike the idea of being a type 2. I'm mostly indifferent to type 9.

Any thoughts?
    4w5, who identifies with both your security (One) and stress (Two) points. The reason you scored highly in Nine is to do with the external similarities between the two types. If you want to know more about that, visit here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I believe that I'm a 4w5 (the descriptions of levels of health resonate a lot), but I've wondered whether I could be a 6 or a 2. What do you need to know?
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    INTJMom, it's not about dissecting it bit by bit; I can't do your maths for you. Sorry to dishearten you. Just get the gist of what applies to you most; One or Five, and you will have the answer as to your type. Also, try and get hold of The Wisdom of the Enneagram or indeed any meaty Enneagram book. Read the chapters on One and Five. I can assure you that one type will stand out more than the other after rigorous study (something INTJs are good at ) of each type, and of both types comparatively.
    One thing that I have found frustrating is the variance of Enne. descriptions online. Are there some resources that are more trustworthy and accurate than others?

While I may be a One, which is classified as the "perfectionist" in most places, perfectionism is something I have been fighting with most of my life. It tortures me. It paralyzes me. It leaves me groveling in the mud with the worms, so it's something I have been trying to let go of. Frankly, I wonder if there is any such thing as "healthy perfectionism" at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Nine

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    One thing that I have found frustrating is the variance of Enne. descriptions online. Are there some resources that are more trustworthy and accurate than others?

While I may be a One, which is classified as the "perfectionist" in most places, perfectionism is something I have been fighting with most of my life. It tortures me. It paralyzes me. It leaves me groveling in the mud with the worms, so it's something I have been trying to let go of. Frankly, I wonder if there is any such thing as "healthy perfectionism" at all.
    I have read several Enneagram books and the one's I purchased are by Kathleen Hurley and Theodore Dobson. He later changed his name to Theodorre Donson.

The titles are: What's My Type, Discover Your Soul Potential, and My Best Self

I listed them in my order of preference. The best thing about What's My Type is it explains your type and then how to maximize your functioning as that type. I found these books more helpful than anything online.

The best test I've found is the Riso-Hudson test. They published a book which I borrowed from the library. The test is quite detailed. I had tested online as a Type 5, but the Riso-Hudson test listed me as a Type 9. When I read Hurley's description of the 9, it was me exactly. When my wife read the description, she totally agreed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zybd03 View Post
    I have read several Enneagram books and the one's I purchased are by Kathleen Hurley and Theodore Dobson. He later changed his name to Theodorre Donson.

The titles are: What's My Type, Discover Your Soul Potential, and My Best Self

I listed them in my order of preference. The best thing about What's My Type is it explains your type and then how to maximize your functioning as that type. I found these books more helpful than anything online.

The best test I've found is the Riso-Hudson test. They published a book which I borrowed from the library. The test is quite detailed. I had tested online as a Type 5, but the Riso-Hudson test listed me as a Type 9. When I read Hurley's description of the 9, it was me exactly. When my wife read the description, she totally agreed.
    Thank you. I appreciate that. Unfortunately, What's My Type isn't at my local library, but it is at a library in a town I visit every now and then. I will make sure I get it.

I took a free sample test of the Riso-Hudson test online the other day.
    It was 36 questions.
    The results were One/Four

Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type.
    Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type.

Exactly.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Yes, you're almost definitely a 4 if you feel that way.

4's can disintegrate into 2's under stress, just so you know.
    As soon as I read this, I remembered having spoken with you about this in the past. I recall at that time I went and read the descriptions of 4 at various stages of disintegration. My resonance at the time with the unhealthy levels of 4 was alarming. I felt pretty certain then I was a type 4 under heavy stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    4w5, who identifies with both your security (One) and stress (Two) points. The reason you scored highly in Nine is to do with the external similarities between the two types. If you want to know more about that, visit here.
    I'm still likely under stress given my continued high 2 score, but thankfully I feel much less resonance with the unhealthy expression of type 4. I do recall in reading the levels of type 4 expression also recalling times in my life where I looked very much like healthy levels of type 4.

So I think you are both likely correct that I am type 4.

As for the questioning of type 9, the link you provided, Ezra, was enlightening. This section in particular:

Even so, the artistry of Fours is much more personal and self-revealing than that of Nines. The art of Nines often expresses idealized, mythological, and archetypal worlds - usually the real world glossed into something fantastic and wondrous. Nines are often gifted storytellers in which "...and they all lived happily ever after" is assured. (There are no unhappy endings in the Nine's world of make-believe.) By contrast, the art of Fours is generally more personal and realistic, the expression of the Four's (and of everyone's) deep longing for love, wholeness, and meaning. Fours often deal in the tragic, finding redemption in self-transcendence; Nines deal in the commonplace, finding comfort in ordinary lives and simple situations.
    My resonance with the bolded sections was deafening.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I believe that I'm a 4w5 (the descriptions of levels of health resonate a lot), but I've wondered whether I could be a 6 or a 2. What do you need to know?
    I need to know why you think you could be a Six or a Two. What are your reasons for thinking that you may be one of these types?

IMO, yes. If the information is free, it should be treated with caution. If it costs, it should still be treated with caution, although I have my full faith in Palmer's and Riso & Hudson's material. That is essentially the basis of the Enneagram as we know it. Many prefer either one or the other, but I think they both offer good interpretations of the same theory. However, credit must go to Oscar Ichazo and Claudio Naranjo for practically inventing the Enneagram of personality.

Can you go into more depth of how you perceive your perfectionism, or potential desire/need to be good or perfect?

I took a free sample test of the Riso-Hudson test online the other day.
    It was 36 questions.
    The results were One/Four

Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type.
    Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type.

Exactly.
    INTJMom, I don't know if I asked you to or if you did, but take the SimilarMinds test. It's quite reliable. The problem with the free 36-question RHETI test is that it simply isn't long enough to give you the accurate typing you're looking for. If you're serious, I definitely recommend either purchasing (or perhaps even borrowing if you're lucky) the 144 question RHETI test. There's no more accurate a way to determine your Enneagram type IMO, and I'd say many others would probably agree.

As for the questioning of type 9, the link you provided, Ezra, was enlightening. This section in particular:

My resonance with the bolded sections was deafening.
    It's a good description is that. There was one point in my life where I didn't think I was a Four, but perhaps had Four in my trifix, and after reading this when I was helping someone determine their type, I recognised that the 'romantic' bits in me were actually much more identifiable in the Nine as opposed to the Four.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    INTJMom, I don't know if I asked you to or if you did, but take the SimilarMinds test. It's quite reliable. The problem with the free 36-question RHETI test is that it simply isn't long enough to give you the accurate typing you're looking for. If you're serious, I definitely recommend either purchasing (or perhaps even borrowing if you're lucky) the 144 question RHETI test. There's no more accurate a way to determine your Enneagram type IMO, and I'd say many others would probably agree.
    I took one online that was 14 pages long. Now which one was that? One of the ones you sent me to, I believe.

MBTI
    INTJ

The results of the Classic EE test:

You are most likely a type 1.
    Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9

Wing 1w9 - 11.8
    Wing 1w2 - 11
    Wing 5w4 - 8.8
    Wing 5w6 - 8.3
    Wing 9w1 - 8.2

Type 1 - 10.3
    Type 5 - 7.7
    Type 3 - 5.3
    Type 9 - 3
    Type 2 - 1.3
    This one was 14 pages and had over 100 questions I think.