User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

Taking a guess, I think you're a 4 with identity issues, as opposed to someone who is relatively balanced in their many motivations. Because you're low in both 8 and 9, I think the anger triad can be ruled out. You're moderate in the fear triad, but your highest scores are in the shame triad. If you had to choose three types that were most like you in behaviour, what would they be?
    Thanks for that - I was reading through all the descriptions, and it is a little difficult to pick - I see traits and motivations in each of the descriptions that ring true to me, but on the other hand, disagree with some of them. I guess the closest are 1/2, 3, 4. Not sure the order though.

e.g. on the 4, artistic - I write, and love grace and refinement. But I'm not really the explosive passionate drama-mama IRL. Feelings are important, but I make decisions more with the head than the heart usually.

on the 1:
    Agree with: Ones learn to repress their emotions and instincts in order to stay true to their principles. By trying to become perfect, they create their own personal hells. Only when they realize that it is important to trust life and accept things the way they are can they truly improve themselves.

Disagree with: Ones are people who feel a need to improve their environments and overcome moral adversity in order to make the world a better place.

3: Fits:
    they know how to develop themselves in order to become the best they can be, and they are often well-liked and successful in whatever field they choose.

Disagree: They aim for success because they are afraid of becoming a "nobody" with no value. -> I aim to accomplish what I set out to do, and success is a by-product of that in a way, and not the goal? I'd rather have a fulfilling private life than a public one. Privacy is very important to me?

2. Compassion, being able to give back and help is important to me. The saying "to those whom much is given, much is expected" is something I hold to. But I'm not likely to quit my job and be Mother Theresa, if you get my drift?

Erps. I don't suppose I could just have multiple wings right? *lol*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Their fundamental motivations for living are very different. 7s want to be satisfied. They'll probably to this by snapping up as many opportunities to enjoy themselves as possible, and the unhealthier they are, the more they'll want to do. They like variety in what they do. This is no concern for a 9. So long as there is peace and harmony in their surroundings, 9s are happy. They can indulge in the same activity for hours and hours and hours. This would be pure hell for a 7.
    I took some enneagram tests (again), here are the results:
    test1
    Type 1 -7
    Type 2 5
    Type 3 -4
    Type 4 -2
    Type 5 -7
    Type 6 1
    Type 7 3
    Type 8 3
    Type 9 8

test 2

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

I feel more 9 inside than 7 althought I have lot of 7 in me too. So I cannot decide. What can you tell me about 9w8 and 7w8?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Thanks for that - I was reading through all the descriptions, and it is a little difficult to pick - I see traits and motivations in each of the descriptions that ring true to me, but on the other hand, disagree with some of them. I guess the closest are 1/2, 3, 4. Not sure the order though.

e.g. on the 4, artistic - I write, and love grace and refinement. But I'm not really the explosive passionate drama-mama IRL. Feelings are important, but I make decisions more with the head than the heart usually.

on the 1:
    Agree with: Ones learn to repress their emotions and instincts in order to stay true to their principles. By trying to become perfect, they create their own personal hells. Only when they realize that it is important to trust life and accept things the way they are can they truly improve themselves.

Disagree with: Ones are people who feel a need to improve their environments and overcome moral adversity in order to make the world a better place.

3: Fits:
    they know how to develop themselves in order to become the best they can be, and they are often well-liked and successful in whatever field they choose.

Disagree: They aim for success because they are afraid of becoming a "nobody" with no value. -> I aim to accomplish what I set out to do, and success is a by-product of that in a way, and not the goal? I'd rather have a fulfilling private life than a public one. Privacy is very important to me?

2. Compassion, being able to give back and help is important to me. The saying "to those whom much is given, much is expected" is something I hold to. But I'm not likely to quit my job and be Mother Theresa, if you get my drift?

Erps. I don't suppose I could just have multiple wings right? *lol*
    I think you could be a 3w4. How does that flow with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I took some enneagram tests (again), here are the results:
    test1
    Type 1 -7
    Type 2 5
    Type 3 -4
    Type 4 -2
    Type 5 -7
    Type 6 1
    Type 7 3
    Type 8 3
    Type 9 8

test 2

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

I feel more 9 inside than 7 althought I have lot of 7 in me too. So I cannot decide. What can you tell me about 9w8 and 7w8?
    That they're totally different.

Let's try another approach. What are your energy levels like?

Then answer this: when you walk into a party, are you withdrawn, with your head in the clouds, thinking about what could happen at another time that day or whatever e.g. "ooh, dinner was gorgeous - I could do with a nice, hot bath now", similing and nodding when people talk to you, or do you walk into a party and think "everyone! Look at me! Now I'm here, we're gonna have a lot of fun!" mingling with as many people as you can, pulling some chicks (if you're a guy) or flirting with or wooing guys (if you're a girl)?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

That they're totally different.
    Let's try another approach. What are your energy levels like?
    Very high mentally but not as high physically.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

5w6. What do you mean by the last sentence?
    Athenian answered my question. Thanks.

The fundamental difference between the 5w4 and the 5w6 is easier to spot than in the other types. It's simple: do you spend a lot more time studying technical things, like philosophy or HTML coding, or is most of your time dedicated to artistic pursuits?

Read this. Which sounds more like you?
    ...etc.
    Those descriptions apply to me equally. I do, in fact, spend more time with scientific pursuits, rather than those which are artistic, though. But is that really enough to determine my wing?

So, "Papa" Ezra, what wing am I? I must know.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I hereby add to the general confusion.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 34%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||| 22%
    Type 5 Detachment |||| 18%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    I hereby add to the general confusion.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 74%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 34%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||| 22%
    Type 5 Detachment |||| 18%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%
    An INTJ scores lowest on type 5? Unheard of. Are you sure that you are not an ENTJ?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Are you sure that you are not an ENTJ?
    This dovetails with my response to your "Oh, how it irks me" thread, in that I don't exhibit (nor particularly like) the habits of indirection and withdrawal that this forum's declared IJs and IPs evidently show. Honestly, the only reason why I haven't changed my identification is that I can't yet quite believe I'm one.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think you could be a 3w4. How does that flow with you?
    1. Having a hard time relating to the examples given as 3w4s, are they accurate?

2. Actually, I'm more comfortable if I'm not so much in the spotlight. I'm not a behind-the-scenes person, and am more comfortable in a middle office role vs front for e.g., but I'm usually being pushed to the front. Communication is usually easy for me. But I don't like being a role model and am happier in a team vs in the lead. I'm not emotionally needy with everyone, I'd rather the affection of those who matter to me.

3. Honesty and kindness are important to me. In a relationship, compassion would be a key value in a partner to me for e.g.

4. lol. Confused.

Three With A Four Wing: The Professional

Examples of 3w4s
    Some well-known examples of 3w4s are Barbra Streisand, Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Ben Kingsley, Madonna, Sting, Richard Gere, Michael Jordan, Whitney Houston, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Werner Erhard.

Levels of Development

Healthy

Level 1
    Achievers let go of their belief that their self-worth depends on others' perception of them. They can now discover their true identity and their heart's desire. Achievers' also satisfy their basic desire to be valued. They become self-accepting, kind, and genuine.

Level 2
    Achievers learn what others value and become more valuable in that sense. They feel they have unlimited potential at this stage.

Level 3
    Achievers develop themselves and their talents at this stage. They become excellent at whatever they do. They are effective communicators and become popular role models for other people.

Average
    Level 4
    Achievers start to fear that they will not get the attention that they desire, because others' accomplishments overshadow theirs. They drive themselves to achieve more.

Level 5
    Achievers start to impress people because they fear they will lose the positive regard of others, so they are simultaneously ambitious and self-doubting. At this stage, they have intimacy problems.

Level 6
    Achievers attempt to convince others of their huge successes, because they fear that others will not notice them if they are not hugely successful. They are competitive, arrogant, and secretly needy.

Unhealthy
    Level 7
    Achievers at this level fear they are failing and that their claims are fraudulent, so they start to deceive themselves and others. They feel depressed and empty inside.

Level 8
    Deceit at this level is incredibly high, and they use deceit to cover their mental deterioration. They hide their emotional illness and bad deeds.

Level 9
    Unhealthy people at this level may lose control of their repressed rage, and they seek revenge on real or imaginary tormentors, attempting to bring down whoever has rejected them.