Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Intriguing! I never get hunches about people's enneagram types. I do on MBTI types though, so I guess it's lack of familiarity with enneagrams that leaves me blind in that area. What made you suspect I was a 9? (Hm... Ni I guess, meaning it's probably hopeless for you to really put your finger on exactly what gave you the idea?)
    Well, you seem to project a sort of easy-going spirituality reminiscent to 9s. The difference is that the 9w8 tends to be more earthy and realistic while the 9w1 is more symbolic and idealistic. And that's what made me think of a 9w1.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    It doesn't go over the SX, SO, and SP at all. =( I am also interested in how that works into the equation. Here is the 9w1 descriptions in case you wanted to compare:
    Ah, very subtle differences. I'd have said that the 9w1 description fit me rather well too, but the things that don't quite fit are the traits that the 9w8 description hits bullseye on, and the things that do fit are the general 9 traits that both have. So yes, I'm definitely 9w8.

Thanks, that really cleared things up for me.

As for the variants it'd be extremely interesting to see how they work into the equation, but as long as there's no such resource, I think I'm able to see approximately how it all plays out when reading the type descriptions and the variant descriptions.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFJ

Ah, very subtle differences. I'd have said that the 9w1 description fit me rather well too, but the things that don't quite fit are the traits that the 9w8 description hits bullseye on, and the things that do fit are the general 9 traits that both have. So yes, I'm definitely 9w8.

Thanks, that really cleared things up for me.

As for the variants it'd be extremely interesting to see how they work into the equation, but as long as there's no such resource, I think I'm able to see approximately how it all plays out when reading the type descriptions and the variant descriptions.
    Yeah, I think it's just another spice in the mix. I knew which variant was mine because mine hit the bullseye when it mentioned how I am essentially in a constant state of shame (or at least in fear of it) because I feel like everyone else has something I do not... and it's true. I do feel that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

those descriptions of type 9 make me question my type again. i feel like a 1w2 because i'm so compelled to help those in need...

but seeing both sides of an argument is probably one of my most pronounced traits...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    The rest of the book is a hell of a lot more thorough and accurate IMHO.
    And I vouch for this, yet again. By the end of the book, you'll know exactly which type you are, what your wing is, and what your variant is. You might even know your trifix.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I used to be an 8 when I was young, but I have lost the wind from my sails and I will never be that way again. I have had moments of 8-ness.
    You did not used to be an Eight when you were young unless you are an Eight, which I doubt you are. You merely exhibited behaviour most characteristic of an Eight.

If there was such a thing as a bold and audacious 4, that would be me.
    Many Fours are certainly audacious. And what do you mean by 'bold'?

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Since my childhood was mostly miserable, then I am sure I will find myself in its pages.
    Each type description in TWOTE has a few pages on what's called 'The Childhood Pattern'. If your life was particularly miserable, you should be able to discern your type from reading about each type's childhood pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    although i'm 95% sure i'm 1w2 and not 2w1
    Why?

So it seems that settles it. I'm E9. Have to look at the 9w8 descriptions now to see if they fit.

Edit: Hm... the wing descriptions seem to contradict much of what the pure 9 description says. I seem to fit some from both 9w1 and 9w8, but much of it doesn't fit. Most in the pure 9 description fits, though. I guess I don't have to stick wings on myself if they don't fit. I'm E9 at least.
    No problem here. You're Nine. Ignore the wings. You could have balanced ones anyway. But if you know you're a Nine, they're not that important in self-development. They're merely an identification tool.

Nonetheless, which site are you looking at? The lifexplore one is shit; it doesn't accurately portray a 9w8 at all. I don't think the original writer (Tom Condon) really knew what a Nine was about. The ones in TWOTE are much better.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You did not used to be an Eight when you were young unless you are an Eight, which I doubt you are. You merely exhibited behaviour most characteristic of an Eight.
    Okay.

Many Fours are certainly audacious. And what do you mean by 'bold'?
    I guess I was being repetitively redundant.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    those descriptions of type 9 make me question my type again. i feel like a 1w2 because i'm so compelled to help those in need...

but seeing both sides of an argument is probably one of my most pronounced traits...
    1w2

Dissonance is a perfectionist in every way. Self-disciplined and principled in everything he does, Dissonance is very emotionally controlled and believes there's a right way to do things and a wrong way. He wants to do it the right way. He holds himself up to the highest standards. The social sub-type is more of a people person, however, so Dissonance is relationship oriented. He wants to get involved with a cause that will help people, possibly a cause directly related to someone he knows or has known. He knows what is right and will stubbornly fight for it. He would make a great lawyer - self-reliant, organized and always punctual. Still this subtype can't shake the basic premise of the personality type: to want to always be right and is willing to do whatever it takes to make the world a place he feels is "perfect."

Dissonance's childhood was very unstable caused by an undependable protective figure. He found stability in others, perhaps a surrogate protective figure who he was then separated from, thereby reestablishing the instability. The reaction to that instability was to look internally, by deciding what's right and wrong, making up his own mind and deciding to act on those ideals to make the world stable, aligning with the rules to contain his anxiety. The social connection, however established, showed Dissonance hope that personal relationships may be the way out of this trap. As an adult, he has failed to find a perfect relationship that will save him He also has a history of severing ties with friends and family who fail to live up to his standards.

Dissonance knows what's right but may want the other characters to learn it on their own. This subtype makes great teachers. Even if your character is not a teacher, he tends to try to teach by example. As a perfectionist, Dissonance speaks correct English. He won't confront someone who's wrong but takes a more passive stance.

Dialogue examples: "I'll show them how it's done right." "I can do it myself." "I hope everyone likes the wine I brought." Internal Dialogue: "Let's all work together to make things right."

Dissonance can be very principled and mature in a relationship. Other characters are attracted to his ethical nature and dependability, but eventually may feel that he's a bit judgmental at times. He tends to be attracted to Type 7s (The Cheerleader) for friends and generally avoids Type 4s (The Bohemian).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Hey
    I came across this I was wondering if anyone is willing to help me understand enneagram a bit more i don't know what my type would be but I have been looking at the forums here I think possibly 5w4
    but i don't know I have gotten 9 before as well.

i got both my results below if any one is interested thanks so much in advance.

ooh 2nd test said i was 9w1 hmm? really curious about that.
    Last edited by INFtha14; 12-12-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: add something
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'd like to take you up on that offer.
    I am clueless about enneagram.
    I've taken all of these online tests and have come up with 4, 7, and 9. Surely, I can't be three enneagram types simultaneously???

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    If you're genuinely confused about what Enneagram type you are, I will help you find it. It might take some time, but we will find it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

(Originally Posted by Ezra
    If you're genuinely confused about what Enneagram type you are, I will help you find it. It might take some time, but we will find it.)

walking tourist are you replying to my post? if so awesome sounds like a plan thanks heh.
    I too am totally new/clueless to this and what it means all that jazz hehe.
    It's like i think i get it then i get a little more info then i'm confused again . hey whoever said clarity was easy. heh It's confusing** a 4,5,9 i have gotten mostly so your not alone "walkingtourist"
    I'm ready to dig hehe.
    i read around here that 1's and 9's tend to supress there anger for me i don't like getting angry but if it's at the risk of someone using or manipulating me there in for a surprise submissive no more xDD. I read type 8 I have found i "will not" control others(against it) but if they try to control me I don't allow it. I just want to make sure i'm happy too you know not just sacrificing all my needs for everyone else.

Then i think about type 6 it's like a few years ago I was into conspiracy theories(spelling?)
    but eventually I was like "what i am going to do that any body hasn't tried to change the sytem etc. I came to the conclusion just live a good life stop being paranoid, make a difference in a more positive way or something similar idk hehe.

I guess i had to develop a bit of a backbone cause of all the stuff that had been tried to be pushed on me that was not my fault pretty much and i almost gave in but i questioned it with a good friend who pretty much saved my life figuritivly.
    1 i can see cause I always try my best and if i see i need to improve i get on it soon after beating myself up xDD. Only thing with 7/ or 9 is i don't like being held down or obligated unless that person absolutly needs my help i don't fall for there "victim act" when clearly they have a way out when all they have to do is just stand up on there own two legs woo i'm okay XDDD. now if someone's willing to stand up on there own two legs I would be more willing to help out cause at least your trying and not all "woe is me" etc.Idk just trying to get a grip on all of this enneagram stuff pretty interesting.
    Sorry if i rambled ^^P. thanks.
    Last edited by INFtha14; 12-12-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: more info/rambling? XD.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)