User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Here we go again. :rolli:

I took the quick little quiz on that page. I came out 4/5
    And then reading the descriptions, I identified with 4-5-8-1 in that order -
    if I look at how I have been for most of my life, not only how I am right now.
    Perhaps I should just be looking at how I am now, it would maybe be easier since I was so emotionally maladjusted for so much of my life.

I used to be an 8 when I was young, but I have lost the wind from my sails and I will never be that way again.

I think 1 is who I want to be.

If there was such a thing as a bold and audacious 4, that would be me.

I am not quite a 5 because I disdain complex things.

That's clear as mud, isn't it?!
    Eep, you replied before me lol. But again, the book better explains it all. And those were just little examples. They by no means display the full spectrum of how the Types are, at all.

In the book, it even showcases how you might've reacted as a child, though I somewhat wonder if it's a good thing to do as I don't recall that they give happy childhood accounts. However, they do give the underlying cause for why a Type 6 child might react this way or a Type 9 child etc

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    ...when I've been depressed. "I'm gonna look mean and be quiet and people will recognise it and dare not approach!" ...Does this resonate with you? ...
    Been there, done that, got the trophy.

MBTI
    INTJ

In the book, it even showcases how you might've reacted as a child, though I somewhat wonder if it's a good thing to do as I don't recall that they give happy childhood accounts. ...
    Since my childhood was mostly miserable, then I am sure I will find myself in its pages.

MBTI
    Zzzz

I took the quick little quiz on that page. I came out 4/5
    And then reading the descriptions, I identified with 4-5-8-1 in that order -
    if I look at how I have been for most of my life, not only how I am right now.
    Perhaps I should just be looking at how I am now, it would maybe be easier since I was so emotionally maladjusted for so much of my life.
    I forgot to mention. Even in the book it explains that we all go through various modes of being. A 4 who is oh so sensitive and introspective is capable of being highly intelligent and alert (like a 5), can be self-confident and assertive (like an 8), can be idealistic and conscientious (like a 1). It's a good thing to not just remember how you were in the past by what motivated you to turn that way you did? If you can remember @@, I barely recall what I ate this morning.

And because you were emotionally turblent, it might be harder to pin-point (or not) as you may not have had the awareness at the time or it might be hard for you to recall with accuracy certain experiences. Emotions may feel clear-cut in the present but are cloudy (at least for me~) in the past. I know it's hard for me to recall traumatic experiences in vivid detail or why I reacted a certain way, somewhat. But there was an overall theme as my situation (however bad) didn't change that much. Might be a different case for you.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Since my childhood was mostly miserable, then I am sure I will find myself in its pages.
    :sad: So was mine, and yes, I did.

MBTI
    INTJ

I forgot to mention. Even in the book it explains that we all go through various modes of being. A 4 who is oh so sensitive and introspective is capable of being highly intelligent and alert (like a 5), can be self-confident and assertive (like an 8), can be idealistic and conscientious (like a 1). It's a good thing to not just remember how you were in the past by what motivated you to turn that way you did? If you can remember @@, I barely recall what I ate this morning.

And because you were emotionally turbulent, it might be harder to pin-point (or not) as you may not have had the awareness at the time or it might be hard for you to recall with accuracy certain experiences. Emotions may feel clear-cut in the present but are cloudy (at least for me~) in the past. I know it's hard for me to recall traumatic experiences in vivid detail or why I reacted a certain way, somewhat. But there was an overall theme as my situation (however bad) didn't change that much. Might be a different case for you.
    I guess this is where I can be thankful I am a T since I spent a lot of time analyzing myself when I was young and trying to understand why I behaved the way I did. Instead of drowning in the subjectiveness of it all, I think I was very objective about it all - as objective as someone in pain can be.

I do wonder though... which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    Did I need to be important because I was treated like a nobody,
    or was being treated like a nobody the stimulus that brought forth my particular motivation
    which happened to be the need to be important?

MBTI
    Zzzz

I guess this is where I can be thankful I am a T since I spent a lot of time analyzing myself when I was young and trying to understand why I behaved the way I did. Instead of drowning in the subjectiveness of it all, I think I was very objective about it all - as objective as someone in pain can be.

I do wonder though... which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    or was being treated like a nobody the stimulus that brought forth my particular motivation
    I do not believe being an F or T is valid. The full force of your being an INTJ can give you a better depiction as to how you might've acted, but what does "T" mean? Unless you mean Te. Even still. We can all analyze our situation, just how do we do it? How did we perceive it, objective or not.

I was able to rationalise my parents behaviour because I understood they were raised a certain way. I could analyze their actions and from them recognise patterns, thus avoiding when I wanted to and confronting when I wanted to, safe or not. My being treated a certain way as a child made me want to help others and when others were treated horribly I wanted to help or defend them. It was harder doing this for myself or following my own advice as I couldn't know what was best for myself. It's easier, for me IMO, to observe others and help them.

My little sister is an INTJ. While she was not abused at all, her method when angry or dealing with our parents is mostly to just dismiss them. Or rage when provoked, however rare. In fact, what helped me to reason was a particular episode where I saw her get beaten for something (her first time at age 3, I was 10). That's what helped me to get help and the abuse mostly subsided, never directed towards her ever again (and for the most of my life afterwards, too).

Whoa. Maybe it's cause I stayed up last night..but I can't wrap my head around that O_O. Chicken or egg thing, you decide, not me, I can't think

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

ditto, and i'm an F. Fe isn't subjective...

the analysis thing we have in common is Ni anyways.

MBTI
    INTJ

And because you were emotionally turblent, it might be harder to pin-point (or not) as you may not have had the awareness at the time or it might be hard for you to recall with accuracy certain experiences. Emotions may feel clear-cut in the present but are cloudy (at least for me~) in the past. I know it's hard for me to recall traumatic experiences in vivid detail or why I reacted a certain way, somewhat. But there was an overall theme as my situation (however bad) didn't change that much. Might be a different case for you.
    Sorry. I was only responding to this. You were right. I am not going to have the trouble you had. I don't have much or any trouble with recall.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You are most likely a type 2.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w2 or 2w1.

Type 2 - 10
    Type 1 - 9.7
    Type 3 - 6.7
    Type 9 - 6.3
    Type 4 - 5.7

Wing 2w1 - 14.8
    Wing 1w2 - 14.7
    Wing 2w3 - 13.3
    Wing 1w9 - 12.8
    Wing 3w2 - 11.7
    Wing 9w1 - 11.1
    Wing 3w4 - 9.6
    Wing 4w3 - 9.1
    Wing 9w8 - 7.3
    Wing 4w5 - 6.7

this one seems more accurate. (although i'm 95% sure i'm 1w2 and not 2w1)