10. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFJ

5 50.00%
  • ISFP

5 50.00%
First 1234 Last

Thread: ISFJ or ISFP?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my ESTJ friend was venting her frustration on her ISTP husband's "inability to follow recipes and refusal to write down what he's doing!!!" to me the other day... she cooks like the chemist she is (precisely... I have caught her measuring water on the meniscus before ) and he cooks randomly.... both make delicious food
    i have an e or istj friend (tests as estj) who charted out his new garden to exacting dimensions beforehand, had different veggies organized in their little sections and stuff... it's kind of amazing actually

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... and to consider that I made fun of my ISTJ because one of our first dates involved ordering chinese food and organizing his dvd collection alphabetically

and yet I stuck around!

there's something about orderly people that makes me just want to ruffle their hair and go "awwww... how cute!"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Riva

Oh, I believe you are an extrovert.

I guess it's because you sound spoiled.

garbage

my ESTJ friend was venting her frustration on her ISTP husband's "inability to follow recipes and refusal to write down what he's doing!!!" to me the other day... she cooks like the chemist she is (precisely... I have caught her measuring water on the meniscus before ) and he cooks randomly.... both make delicious food
    during one of his cooking sessions, he should pretend to measure things, then see how she likes his cooking

if she likes it, then, well, he can say "Surprise! I actually didn't measure anything!!" and then "I told you so" forever and ever

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I haven't read a lot of your posts JTG, so I don't really have an idea/preconceptions about you.. but to [grossly over]simplify it...

Just how laid back are you? What's your work history like?

Besides professionalism, I heard ISFJs can be pretty devoted caretakers with friends and families as well.. Like they're really good with their time and hard work without vocalizing many complaints. Me, I have to make an effort to be that self-sacrificial. I'm a generous person in my own way, but get bored and start regretting it if I signed up to help paint a house with someone (just to use an example). Like I need a lot more to get motivated.. or need to distract myself with breaks and then come back...then I'm back full gusto.

How about sports.. are you the quiet guy on the sidelines.. who finally just gets up and then performs as good as or just "accidentally" beats everyone there? I think ISFPs and ISTPs are sort of similar on this (or it could be some other activity requiring hand/eye, raw motor skills...not necessarily sports).

I won't mention "art".. I think most people are capable of that.
    I'm pretty laid back even if I don't come off that way on the forum. Far as my work history goes, well I haven't worked in awhile. But when I am working I'm a carpenter, I like to do things I know but I like being in different setting otherwise I get bored really quick. I too have a hard time getting motivated, however I do take care of my friends and family, I would say I'm a pretty loyal friend.

Um sports, I've always been the athletic type and I love all sports. I wouldn't say I have the most natural talent but I'm no slouch either. So I would say I find myself as good or better than most.

Yeah I'm unemployed becauses I'm an "artist".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    ISTP
    I took that functions test and I scored highest on Fi and then Fe close second. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    You seem P

I base this on pretty much nothing, so, well,
    Awesome!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

do you use Si or Se more?

when you are making chili to you taste it to see if you want to add more of something or to see if it tastes like it's supposed to?
    you're a TERRIBLE Texan then!

I was amused to see the difference in how my ISTJ and I make chili actually... I make an awesome chili with no form of quality control other than my own taste buds (fear my chili when I have a cold... it gets a bit... spicy )- I mix things, use different techniques and just taste it continually until I'm content that it's tasty... the ISTJ actually has developed his chili recipe to his standards of perfection, wrote this recipe down and follows it, tasting it to see if it tastes "right"
    I don't make chili but if I did I would probably find a recipe or something and go off that, I would definitely taste it to see if it needed anything but I wont go off just "my own taste buds" alone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Oh, I believe you are an extrovert.

I guess it's because you sound spoiled.
    Alright that wasn't a option, but I'll take it into consideration.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Rough guess; ISFP.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    I took that functions test and I scored highest on Fi and then Fe close second. :/
    Function tests suck.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel