User Tag List

Thread: Hello

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Hello

Hello,
    can somebody please help me to get certainty about my type?

Few things about me, 25 years old, male, from germany.

At my first MBTI tests, I was classified as ISTJ, later in the most tests as INTJ. But the more I learn about the MBTI system, the more I think I could also be INTP.

Introverted Thinking is definite. But I need some help with the question Intuition or Sensing and especially with Judging or Perceiving.

iN or S:
    S:
    I like facts, have no problem with learning large amounts of facts in a short time and don't hate routine work. Friends say about me that I have the photographic memory. When I describe sth, I keep on the things that actually are. It often happens that I don't understand others when they use metaphors or irony and take their expressions literally. I am totally uncreative, I hate painting or drawing and it is very hard for me to find accurate presents for christmas or birthdays.

iN:
    I am mathematician and political scientist.
    In my math studies, I was known for sudden splashs of inspiration when solving mathematical problems and I often found (more or less effective) unconventional solutions and algorithms(And I was seldomly exact when finding these - but it was my specialty to sell such a botch job as a correct solution).
    In politics, I mostly think about big ideas for reforms of the political or economic systems for the future (rather than practical details), based on the great thinkers of the past. My theories mostly base on a structure of normative, subjective premises rather than on facts. Daily policy is annoying me.
    Family and relatives called me "the professor" from the earliest childhood on. I learned calculating, reading and writing with the help of my parents long before entering primary school. My childhood interests were archaeology, physics and astronomy.
    I like daydreaming and thinking about big opportunities of wealth and fame in the future.
    I never read an instruction manual when I first use electronic devices, same thing when I am cooking.

Concerning J or P, I have to say, I am totally chaotic, but not because I want to, just because I am too clumsy and don't find the time to manage things the right way. On the other hand, I have made exact plans for my future, even until retirement and concrete asset planning. When I was a child, I used to plan my day accurate to a minute and I was very disappointed when these plans didn't work. I don't like surprises and I would never call me spontaneous, but in my teacher job, I am an expert in improvising and reacting to unexpected events in class.

So, could you please help me (perhaps with one or two significant questions) if I am iN or S? And J or P?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

i believe your intp
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hi Welcome. Just stick around for a while reading and learning. You'll figure it out eventually. Don't sweat it.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps this test result for the functions can help you to help me:

Ni 29
    Ti 25
    Si 23
    Fi 22
    Te 13
    Ne 12
    Fe 10
    Se 6

It would also help if you could clearly type some fictional characters: The Doctor in Star Trek Voyager, Mr. Barclay in Voyager/TNG or Bud Roberts in JAG.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Hey,ph1L if you want a more accurate cognitive functions test take this: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

The MMDI one isn`t really good in my opinion.
    "It might seem like you've got me where you want me and my game is up, but luck is a funny thing. I hope you know how to laugh, because things are about to get really funny."

MBTI
    INTJ

It was quite difficult to answer these questions, especially because English is not my native language.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Hi Phil and welcome - you sound more intuitive/adaptive than step by step orderly. Good luck on the search but ultimately you are what you identify best with. The tests are a good guide but can be fallible.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for the welcomes,
    I am still not sure what type I am, concerning the descriptions of that link, I would say that dominant Introverted Thinking would fit best, so I would be INTP.

I asked my brother if I am more judging or perceiving, and he meant that I am 100% J... but that was clear because he is so totally P.

I know that types usually don't change through the life, but I thought a bit about it, there were some periods;
    early childhood: INTJ, always seeking for knowledge and possibilities, but totally structured and planned, fearing bigger changes in my environment.
    from 13 on: ISTJ, I started liking routines, I trained calligraphy and preferred learning all facts by heart rather then understanding the connections when learning for exams. I was also very conservative-minded and religious at that time.
    from 17 on: ISTP, I decided to stop behaving like an asshole and became way more open-minded and also way more easy-going. But I still preferred stupid fact-learning rather than understanding - it was simply more effective concerning school success. My life was more in the here and now than it is today.
    from 22 on: INTP. University studies guided me back to the roots of thinking in visions and possibilities, but I maintained the easy-going lifestyle.
    I can well imagine that I will become more J again when I will be completely arrived at the working world with all the responsibilities and a higher financial security.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Welcome ph1L!

I am half German. My Mother is from Rheinzabern, I was born in Frankfurt a.M.

Wilkommen to TypC!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro