• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hello

ph1L

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hello,
can somebody please help me to get certainty about my type?

Few things about me, 25 years old, male, from germany.

At my first MBTI tests, I was classified as ISTJ, later in the most tests as INTJ. But the more I learn about the MBTI system, the more I think I could also be INTP.

Introverted Thinking is definite. But I need some help with the question Intuition or Sensing and especially with Judging or Perceiving.

iN or S:
S:
I like facts, have no problem with learning large amounts of facts in a short time and don't hate routine work. Friends say about me that I have the photographic memory. When I describe sth, I keep on the things that actually are. It often happens that I don't understand others when they use metaphors or irony and take their expressions literally. I am totally uncreative, I hate painting or drawing and it is very hard for me to find accurate presents for christmas or birthdays.

iN:
I am mathematician and political scientist.
In my math studies, I was known for sudden splashs of inspiration when solving mathematical problems and I often found (more or less effective) unconventional solutions and algorithms(And I was seldomly exact when finding these - but it was my specialty to sell such a botch job as a correct solution).
In politics, I mostly think about big ideas for reforms of the political or economic systems for the future (rather than practical details), based on the great thinkers of the past. My theories mostly base on a structure of normative, subjective premises rather than on facts. Daily policy is annoying me.
Family and relatives called me "the professor" from the earliest childhood on. I learned calculating, reading and writing with the help of my parents long before entering primary school. My childhood interests were archaeology, physics and astronomy.
I like daydreaming and thinking about big opportunities of wealth and fame in the future.
I never read an instruction manual when I first use electronic devices, same thing when I am cooking.

Concerning J or P, I have to say, I am totally chaotic, but not because I want to, just because I am too clumsy and don't find the time to manage things the right way. On the other hand, I have made exact plans for my future, even until retirement and concrete asset planning. When I was a child, I used to plan my day accurate to a minute and I was very disappointed when these plans didn't work. I don't like surprises and I would never call me spontaneous, but in my teacher job, I am an expert in improvising and reacting to unexpected events in class.

So, could you please help me (perhaps with one or two significant questions) if I am iN or S? And J or P?

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hi :hi: Welcome. Just stick around for a while reading and learning. You'll figure it out eventually. Don't sweat it.

ph1L

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you for the feedback. Perhaps this test result for the functions can help you to help me:

Ni 29
Ti 25
Si 23
Fi 22
Te 13
Ne 12
Fe 10
Se 6

It would also help if you could clearly type some fictional characters: The Doctor in Star Trek Voyager, Mr. Barclay in Voyager/TNG or Bud Roberts in JAG.

ph1L

MBTI Type
INTJ
unbenanntluf.png

It was quite difficult to answer these questions, especially because English is not my native language.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hi Phil and welcome - you sound more intuitive/adaptive than step by step orderly. Good luck on the search but ultimately you are what you identify best with. The tests are a good guide but can be fallible. :)

ph1L

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you for the welcomes,
I am still not sure what type I am, concerning the descriptions of that link, I would say that dominant Introverted Thinking would fit best, so I would be INTP.

I asked my brother if I am more judging or perceiving, and he meant that I am 100% J... but that was clear because he is so totally P.

I know that types usually don't change through the life, but I thought a bit about it, there were some periods;
early childhood: INTJ, always seeking for knowledge and possibilities, but totally structured and planned, fearing bigger changes in my environment.
from 13 on: ISTJ, I started liking routines, I trained calligraphy and preferred learning all facts by heart rather then understanding the connections when learning for exams. I was also very conservative-minded and religious at that time.
from 17 on: ISTP, I decided to stop behaving like an asshole and became way more open-minded and also way more easy-going. But I still preferred stupid fact-learning rather than understanding - it was simply more effective concerning school success. My life was more in the here and now than it is today.
from 22 on: INTP. University studies guided me back to the roots of thinking in visions and possibilities, but I maintained the easy-going lifestyle.
I can well imagine that I will become more J again when I will be completely arrived at the working world with all the responsibilities and a higher financial security.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welcome ph1L! :hi:

I am half German. My Mother is from Rheinzabern, I was born in Frankfurt a.M.

Wilkommen to TypC! :happy: