User Tag List

Thread: What type...?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default What type...?

I'm trying to figure out what type my friend is. I'm not quite as knowledgable about personality types as some other people here, so maybe you smart people could help me.

My friend is:
    • Arrogant, but likes to learn about other people.
    • Good at making friends, but can sometimes scare them away with her firey personality.
    • Extremely moody. One minute she's a joy to be around, next minute, you wish she'd just drop dead.
    • Always open about her feelings. Cries very frequently, most of the time in front of other people.
    • But, when she's crying, she wants no type of comfort from anyone, no hug, no words of advice, doesn't want to talk about it, nothing!
    • Impatient and a little selfish.
    • A bit hypocritive.
    • Polite to adults and authority figures unless she feels strongly about something.
    • Really good at math and science.
    • She refuses to apologize about anything she's done. (Unless it was really, really horrible.)
    • And when I apologize to her, she either: a)Doesn't acknowledge it and then brings up my fault two weeks later and is mad about it again, b) Says "You should be!" or c) Gets mad at me.

Oh wow, I made her sound like a monster. lol! But, despite all this, she's a lot of fun to be around, and I just can't seem to stay mad at her...

So what type do you think she is? I've always thought maybe ESFJ or ESTJ.

Or is she just insane??

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Sounds like an ESTJ girl friend I have. Or at least I'm pretty sure she's an ESTJ. They're really hard to type I think This is just a stab in the dark, but I think it's a struggle for some female ESTJs to figure out what kind of role to play since an ESTJ is usually a masculine type role. I know this is the case for an ESTJ aunt I have. She fluctuates between wild emotions and a iron fist. But she's a really loving, caring person... definitely a "guardian" type. I've also met other female ESTJs that don't seem to struggle with this and are really balanced (EJCC here on the forums is a great example ). Anyways, this obviously could be said about any type. But it's just my 2 cents as to why some ESTJ females are hard to type, and thus why I think your friend may be one
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Phantonym

Sounds like ESFJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ESFJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ

....I think I found your thread....and now I know what you mean by that you think your friend is similar to my friend ("ex" friend) .... if it's not too personal to ask - do you also feel put under emotional pressure/blackmail/manipulation by her ?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    ....I think I found your thread....and now I know what you mean by that you think your friend is similar to my friend ("ex" friend) .... if it's not too personal to ask - do you also feel put under emotional pressure/blackmail/manipulation by her ?
    Well, it depends on the day, really. If it's a good day, she's great to be around and we have a lot of laughs and don't argue. But, yes, I do sometimes. If I don't give her her way, she'll snap "We're not friends anymore! Don't talk to me!"

She's a very dominant personality and if she tells me to do something and I argue, or if I express an opinion that she doesn't agree with, then it becoems a bigger deal than it should be.