First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Figure it out? I'm the same way. I've had several times in my life, huge chunks of time, where I've been totally organized, decluttered and kept my house clean. I've followed routines to the letter. I feel much more enjoyment when my home is nice and neat around me. But I've realised every time I go into that mode, super-organised-get-things-done-on-time-and-don't-procrastinate that I don't feel like myself at all. Now it's a balance. My schoolwork and notes and things like that are usually extremely organised. I'm talking colour-coded post-it notes and colour-coordinated pens etc. I get quite upset if my cds aren't in order or if something ends up in the wrong drawer, yet I'm capable of creating an extremely chaotic mess around me in around twelve hours. I make shopping lists, budgets etc. in Excel all the time, but impulse shop anyway. I really like being organised, but hate to follow through. I don't think it's the exclusive domain of J to like organisation, in fact I think lots of Ps love it, but are generally speaking not quite as good at the execution of organisation as Js. A J doesn't necessarily have to be extremely organised either.
    I was referring to myself with that comment “go figure it out” .

I there are quite many good points in your writing. Thanks! I think I'm getting on track with my ENFp'ness again.

My MBTI journey was like ESTJ -> ESFJ -> ENFJ -> ENFP. So that is why I started again to wonder the possibility of me maybe being ENFJ. The other fact is that Fe function really feels something that is very strong in me and the ENFJ description mainly very like me. ´

Anyway, maybe I'm making things difficult for myself (again) with this thing.

MBTI
    WOLF

Hmm - after rereading the ENFJ description I'd say that probably half applies to me. After all, the descriptions are quite similar. I can see how it can be hard to determine. I'll follow your conclusions on your type with interest

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hmm - after rereading the ENFJ description I'd say that probably half applies to me. After all, the descriptions are quite similar. I can see how it can be hard to determine. I'll follow your conclusions on your type with interest

I guess I'm more P than I imagined because I cannot decide even my own type.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

ENFJ and ENFP look very different IMO. ENFP has much more of an all-over-the-place style of talking and socializing due to dominant Ne. ENFPs are more into their personal values as opposed to group values, etc. also, they are more prone to writing things off that are "bad" or that "they just don't want to believe".

ENFJs are more linear in their actions, and they are probably less "wacky" than ENFPs. Fe is dominant, so their values relate to group harmony. when an ENFJ writes something off, it's probably getting in the way of group harmony.

Terms With Nonobvious Meanings

compare Ne/Fi to Fe/Ni. very different.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    ENFJ and ENFP look very different IMO. ENFP has much more of an all-over-the-place style of talking and socializing due to dominant Ne. ENFPs are more into their personal values as opposed to group values, etc. also, they are more prone to writing things off that are "bad" or that "they just don't want to believe".

ENFJs are more linear in their actions, and they are probably less "wacky" than ENFPs. Fe is dominant, so their values relate to group harmony. when an ENFJ writes something off, it's probably getting in the way of group harmony.

Terms With Nonobvious Meanings

compare Ne/Fi to Fe/Ni. very different.

I think the above is a really good description of the differences between ENFP and ENFJ. The Ne/Fi and Fe/Ni is really very different and while their are definately similarities between the two types you find your greatest difference in the Ne/Fi Fe/Ni.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I'm a Woman and balanced brained.

But...
    According to brain hemisphere theory:
    There are right hemisphere dominant brains, left hemisphere dominant brains and balanced brains. According to therory most of women are right hemisphere brained, some balaced and some left hemisphere brained. And same applies to men in reverse order: most men are left brained etc.

The ultimate left hemisphere brained person is authistic.

I read this all from one book that handled brain hemispheres but I cannot remember the name of the book or author. Sorry.
    Why is it that after reading those last few post of yours I thought you would say that you are a Hermaphrodite?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Why is it that after reading those last few post of yours I thought you would say that you are a Hermaphrodite?
    Who knows,maybe I am?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default New theory?

But seriously, my ENFx’ness would be possible in the aspect of the following assumptions:
    • The theory about right brained, balanced brained and left brained is true
    • Leonora Thompson’s following assumptions are true (Personality Type An Owners Manual, p.72): "J types use Extraverted Thinking or Extraverted Feeling for their outward behaviours. These functions activate more areas in the left hemisphere of the brain. P types use Extraverted Sensation or Extraverted Intuition for their outward behaviors. These functions activate more areas in the right hemisphere of the brain."
    • So then Ne is right brain hemisphere dominant function and Fe right brain hemisphere dominant function
    • Ne and Fe score both high in the my function tests result
    • I’m balanced brained

This all means that me as a balanced brained person cannot really decide my dominant function because I use my brain hemispheres equally. So according to these assumptions it would totally be possible to be ENFx.

So, anybody with confusion to choose J or P + who has mixed up function set + who are balanced brained could have x instead of J or P as their last preference.

What do you say? (I’m sure NT’s will find lots of faults in my theory. )

(And please don't take this too seriously, I'm just playing with the possibilities. )

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    The J-P thing really confuses me because I really love to order things and I love to make plans. But when it comes to realization of those plans, I like to keep my options open to change them at the last minute! Another example, a clean and orderly home makes me feel good and relaxed but I cannot keep my house that way most of the time. So, I prefer the orderly in theory but in reality I'm not very successful in keeping the order. I also love to make budgets, to do lists, long-term plans etc but when it comes to fulfil the plans, I like to change the realization. I do get satisfaction of getting things done and organized but that is not the main thing most of the time.

I can be very good in planning, organizing and realization of things. I did that while studying at the university. I planned my studies, completed the courses that I planned and graduated as planned. I also worked quite many hours per week the whole time, so it was really accomplishment. (Another thing is that I really had no social life during that time. I was studying or working, nothing else.) On the other hand, I can be very P, moody and not to plan anything.

So, go figure that out!
    I think an ENFP can be quite capable of organisation and planning and the like, if they are interested and involved. I find it very difficult to remain interested for more than a few months straight, but then again, my P is quite strong, I believe. Someone with a weaker P may well be better at being organised for longer.

The bolded part sounds very much like me - I make detailled plans for the future all the time... I just never get around to actually using them.

It amuses me that I would give the exact same answers on the ENFP - 'this is not like me' and J vs. P questions. Not the ENFJ description though.

I'm not sure what I think about 'being ENFX' but I'm open to the possibility. Maybe it's possible to be both Ne and Fe. I wouldn't know, since I use Fe very little. I would like for it to be possible. That could be quite interesting.
    There was another thread somewhere... where people posted their results to the cognitive functions test?

I noticed that of the three ENFPs that had posted (me included), all of them had very high Fe (sometimes even higher than their Fi)... I'm not sure whether than means the test is inaccurate, all of us have misunderstood it, or the ENFP really does use Fe as much as Fi, but it does mean that getting a result of Fe is not uncommon at all.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Conveniently I found a "paper" where the authors (John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker) are criticizing the MBTI J/P.

They are criticizing the J/P for different reasons than I'm wondering my J/P but anyway.