User Tag List

12 Last

Default Am I an INFP mistyped as INFJ?

Oh, doubts appearing! Yesterday, I was reading about the differences between INFJ and INFP and I have to admit that I was a suprised when I saw the characteristics of INFP, it fitted better in my personality... Sometimes I've tested as INFP, and sometimes as INFJ... In the function analisys my Fi an Ne was the highest scores (Fi>Ne), and my Fe was very weak... I have a very good Si too (appeared in the test), a sharp and romantically nostalgic memory and connection with my past. Maybe, I used to score as J because of my family (all xSxJ!!!) that maybe can make some influence, but I can see strong P tendencies in me, what always cause many fights between I and my ISFJ mother... What do you think about it? Am I an INFP?

(Sorry about the grammar mistakes, English isn't my first language)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't know your posts, so maybe describe yourself a bit. Although, if you've read up on the functions & can relate more to Fi & Ne than anything else, then maybe you are indeed INFP.

Although, I've noticed in INFJs that Fe often seems "weak" in regards to the way people expect to see Fe. It's more of a value forming & reasoning process than necessarily seeming warm in the way an SFJ may seem.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't know your posts, so maybe describe yourself a bit. Although, if you've read up on the functions & can relate more to Fi & Ne than anything else, then maybe you are indeed INFP.

Although, I've noticed in INFJs that Fe often seems "weak" in regards to the way people expect to see Fe. It's more of a value forming & reasoning process than necessarily seeming warm in the way an SFJ may seem.
    Ok, let's see... I have a strong identification with Fi and Ne, it's true... And when I read The description of Fe I don't really identify, I see that is my weak Fe that cause trouble for me in my family... I just can't act as a real Fe person... My Fi makes me seem strange and different "out of the mainstream" I can say that I build my feelings inside and it makes me suffer a lot sometimes, I care too much about what I am feeling, what is important for me, and what makes me feel good (or bad). I can also see a strong Ne, I am very good in making connections and many others Ne things that I've already read about, and I can't see an INFJ with a good Si (that I can really see as my tertiary function according to some descriptions I've read)... I'm really thinking I'm an INFP...

It's so difficult to describe yourself!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well, if you identify most with the INFP functions & profiles & have done honest self-evaluation & feel you are more INFP than anything, then you've probably found your type . No one here will be able to type you better than yourself, IMO.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, if you identify most with the INFP functions & profiles & have done honest self-evaluation & feel you are more INFP than anything, then you've probably found your type . No one here will be able to type you better than yourself, IMO.
    Thank you, OrangeAppled... I think I am really convinced that I am an INFP! I am reading some stuff and I identify much more with the INFP profile than the INFJ... Maybe I was an INFJ wannabe because of the appreciation of the "J" in my family... But after some studies I can see I am really a "P"... and all the functions match (Fi>Ne>Si>Te)...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ I went through an I-am-an-infj phrase for a month or two. I was thoroughly convinced. Ni and Ne is confusing, in my opinion and the infp profiles can leave out some important traits of yours. Welcome to infp-ness!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Welcome to infp-ness!
    Thank you!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I almost always come out INFP on tests, but I identify with the INFJ description a lot more. Seems like it could work either way.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Have you looked here: INFJ or INFP? a closer look?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Haha. You just got to look into both personality types and see which one fits you the most. I've taken the test several times actually. The majority of times i got INFP, but once I took it and got ISFP and then ISFJ...I read into all three types, and I feel I am more INFP, so I am no decided. After all, the beauty of being an INFP is questioning your type.