• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New boyfriend type

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't figure out his type. So here's that ol' list of observable traits. We've been together about 4 months.

*Humor: Laughs a lot. Crude but witty. Lots of pop culture references, references to movies and politics. Just plain dirty sometimes. Many people don't get his jokes, including me. Really good at impersonations.

*Likes to talk religion, politics, science, and history. (Everything that has a channel I guess.) Studied theology in college just for fun. Is not afraid to state his opinion and debate. Does not follow a specific religion and finds flaws with all of them.

*Makes an excellent income, is some kind of a manager in an office with a bunch of computer engineer guys. Motivated in his career although he said he would never work over 40 hours.

*Likes to spend that income.

*Excellent memory. Very observant.

*Authoritative/ take charge type person.

*Likes video games, can play for hours!! (Has changed since he met me, he would rather spend time with me thankfully.) Self proclaimed geek.

*Social in the sense that he seems to feel comfortable around people and is usually up for going out. Seems to like most people. But needs a lot of down time for video games, TV, reading, and naps. Doesn't see his friends much. Doesn't want to.

*Talkative

*Affectionate

*States that he has had commitment issues in the past, has trouble expressing his feelings. (I haven't noticed this.)

*States that he has had control issues, likes to have control over everything. (Have seen it a little.) Overall pretty laid back though.

^About those two things he sees a counselor. It seems to be working.

*Never raises his voice.

*Recently joined BBBS so he could do something meaningful- doesn't like the kid he's working with, though.

*Has had a few jobs. Theology in college, air force, cop, security guard, IT guy.

*Adventurous as heart. Owns a snazzy motorcycle. Dreams of living in Italy for 3 years and travelling Europe on a bike.

Um.. Just reached a brain cramp... Any questions and you can ask!

KDude

A somewhat sociable - even affectionate.. mature ISTP? :confused: ;)

[edit] Oh wait.. the control thing.hmmm

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys are picking similar things that I was thinking. I thought of all the NJ's and ENTP... He's a random fellow. Difficult to place.

KDude

fwiw, i play the crap out of games, like bikes, and almost studied at a orthodox seminary just to learn ecclesiastical history and.. greek. puts me all over the place too

he sounds cool whatever he is :cool: good luck

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fwiw, i play the crap out of games, like bikes, and almost studied at a orthodox seminary just to learn ecclesiastical history and.. greek. puts me all over the place too

he sounds cool whatever he is :cool: good luck

He is a great guy. I guess interests don't matter as much as how you are at the core.. Still seems to put him all over the place. Guess I have to learn more about him. I think he's really done a lot of self reflection and is very self aware and has become balanced over the years, which makes it difficult to figure out his true type.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, shorty, i've missed you. :)
This guy might very well be an INTJ, since the opening post describes me.
It was actually a bit scary, since it was a bit more precise than the type descriptions.
Had to wriggle my way through years of reading and posting until I got the INTJ title. :D

Not that another person can't have another personality type and be a lot like me on those points, but...
If you consider me an INTJ, then he's probably one as well. Since it's all subjective anyway.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, shorty, i've missed you. :)
This guy might very well be an INTJ, since the opening post describes me.
It was actually a bit scary, since it was a bit more precise than the type descriptions.
Had to wriggle my way through years of reading and posting until I got the INTJ title. :D

Not that another person can't have another personality type and be a lot like me on those points, but...
If you consider me an INTJ, then he's probably one as well. Since it's all subjective anyway.

Jesus! :hug:
I made it out of nursing school alive!
Youre an INTJ now? Nice.
Im glad my description of him resonates with you. Its definitely him in a nutshell. I tried to describe the characteristics that stand out most about him. INTJ has certainly been a consideration for him. How strange would it be if I was dating an INTJ? Cant seem to stay away from those NTs, I guess!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jesus! :hug:
I made it out of nursing school alive!
Youre an INTJ now? Nice.
Im glad my description of him resonates with you. Its definitely him in a nutshell. I tried to describe the characteristics that stand out most about him. INTJ has certainly been a consideration for him. How strange would it be if I was dating an INTJ? Cant seem to stay away from those NTs, I guess!

Great :D I haven't seen you in some time, how long was it?

Yes, i've got too much in common with INTJs compared to ENTJs, and I overcame my negative attitude towards Introversion. ;)
Well, that depends on how you define strange.
I'd pity you if it were any of those anti-social psycho-type INTJs, but he seems nice according to my view on things.
This is probably because I like myself... How very odd.

KDude

maybe esfp and intj are a good fit? not sure how mbti works, but in socionics they would be duals (in a sense.. the esfp dual is intp.. but some of those may be intj in mbti...... ummm. this is complicated. i'm sure you get the point tho.;) )

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he is ENTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say ISTP.

I've thought of all the other options that people have said in this thread, but never ISTP. Yet 2 people have mentioned ISTP. Why is that? Is it the biking in Europe thing combined with being observant? Anything else strike the ISTP cord?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ISTP or ENTJ

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still waiting on that ISTP explanation from somebody...

KDude

I considered it at first but I doubt an ISTP would confess to having "control issues".. or have them to begin with.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I considered it at first but I doubt an ISTP would confess to having "control issues".. or have them to begin with.

you've never met my dad :D

seriously...I read that description and thought ENTJ or ISTP....
Maybe an INTJ is like an ISTP/ENTJ blend?