First 234

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Sounds kind of ESFP to me. I know a few ESFP guys who sound similar to this. I get an SP vibe over all. The impersonations, the observations, the memory, etc. All of this suggests S to me, and overall, he doesn't sound very structured. Tert Te in ESFPs can make them "authoritative" in some ways (ie. bossy).

I wouldn't let "control issues" throw you off too much - it's a problem he acknowledges as a problem. Being J doesn't mean having control issue problems, it just makes people inclined to structure. I mean, you could also stereotype "commitment issues" as P if you wanted to....but it's not exclusive to P types.

Instead, I hear a guy who has had all different types of jobs, wants to wander around Europe on a bike, is not frugal, and may prefer play to work (he won't work overtime - works to live, not vice verse). He sounds like he enjoys going with the flow & seeing what happens.

I could see ISTP also, since the descriptions seems to lean towards introversion, and I'm not getting ISFP here (career choices seem unlikely, as does being authoritative). Last guess would be ISTJ.

I don't hear anything to make me think N.
    Going to pick apart your post a little bit. (Just clarifying some things.) I don't think ESFP is a possibility for him. I can see the argument for ISTP, though. I'll explain the authoritative and control issues a little more. He wants to be the decision maker in a lot of situations. He's decisive. When he makes decisions it's difficult to get him to change his mind. He's a little one-track in this way. He's not bossy, but sticks to his guns. He doesn't like situations which extend beyond his control. If something is wrong and he can't fix it, due to other people or factors, he is likely to get frustrated and walk away from the situation. (Not really trying to point towards J, just trying to clarify the control thing.)

The reason I don't think he's ESFP is because he's more in his own head. Likes to think, be independent, do his own thing. While he's social and friendly and talkative, he seems to need to regain energy through his books, movies, thoughts, and projects and things. While he's socially graceful, caring, and funny, he doesn't seem to be focused on people, things and events. He'd also rather be alone, with just me, or family. I've seen ENTP's that looked ESFPish at times with all the friendliness and fun, but then need their time for other stuff. Not all extroverts are highly people/fun/activity focused, but most ESFP's are. He debates for fun. That part screams ENTP to me, actually. Or he could be one of these Se/Ne people like "Whatever" and be ESTP. Or he could be an ISTP, trying to be free of tiring commitments so he can enjoy life and well developed. Or just a really well-developed something else. While I can kind of see ESFP in his actions, I don't see it at all in his motivations.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

ISTJ? A balanced one?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    ISTJ? A balanced one?
    Maybe, when I took the test for him, that's what he got. Type description still doesn't look right though. ESTJ looks way off.

I was reading type descriptions- (they help a little bit, remind me what stereotypes look like)

He's starting to look a little ENTJ to me.

Coming out of a relationship with a very stereotypical ENTJ, it is hard for me to picture anything but the ex when reading. But then again, I had 3 years to analyze him.

But well balanced ENTJ looks plausible, and might explain some of that Se. And some ENTP traits are dead- on too.But some are so way off. I want to say he's an introvert, but nothing looks right. I think I need to get to know him better to find out what's natural, and what's just well balanced and developed.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Maybe, when I took the test for him, that's what he got. Type description still doesn't look right though. ESTJ looks way off.

I was reading type descriptions- (they help a little bit, remind me what stereotypes look like)

He's starting to look a little ENTJ to me.

Coming out of a relationship with a very stereotypical ENTJ, it is hard for me to picture anything but the ex when reading. But then again, I had 3 years to analyze him.

But well balanced ENTJ looks plausible, and might explain some of that Se. And some ENTP traits are dead- on too.But some are so way off. I want to say he's an introvert, but nothing looks right. I think I need to get to know him better to find out what's natural, and what's just well balanced and developed.
    Since you've studied the type descriptions in depth and aren't getting anywhere new, I'd just look to the cognitive functions for elucidation.

Entj> Will be all about Te, seeking logical reasoning for everything, knowing he is right, adjusting the entire world around his way of seeing it; the 'right' way. His Ni will look for reasons for things being the way they are that other people won't necessarily see, and this Ni thinking should be fairly obvious.

Intj>More about Ni, driven to see another way of doing things that might not be in existence; have original ideas and thoughts. Followed by Te logic to support it.

I just saw that there is a new vid posted on the video thread by an entj. There are also some corresponding posts by uumlau and the video'd person regarding intj/entj.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Since you've studied the type descriptions in depth and aren't getting anywhere new, I'd just look to the cognitive functions for elucidation.

Entj> Will be all about Te, seeking logical reasoning for everything, knowing he is right, adjusting the entire world around his way of seeing it; the 'right' way. His Ni will look for reasons for things being the way they are that other people won't necessarily see, and this Ni thinking should be fairly obvious.

Intj>More about Ni, driven to see another way of doing things that might not be in existence; have original ideas and thoughts. Followed by Te logic to support it.

I just saw that there is a new vid posted on the video thread by an entj. There are also some corresponding posts by uumlau and the video'd person regarding intj/entj.
    Yea, I have a pretty good understanding of cognitive functions. They still didn't get me far though.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, confirmed that he's an introvert. He actually made a few statements towards introvert as if he was taking a test. We had like 3 days worth of events this weekend for my graduation, so socializing lasted literally from Friday at 5 all the way to yesterday (Sunday at 6 PM) non stop. He didn't make it to everything, which was fine. Yesterday he told me that he never can devote a whole weekend to social stuff and that it made him really tired. He said he gets tired after a day, let alone an entire weekend. He seemed happy to get home.

Then one of my ENFP's asked my guy if he came with a "pack" as my last boyfriend did. He said, "no" (which I already knew) but then said he preferred to keep his life simple and wanted to make life simple and as obligation-free as possible.

He remained quiet through most conversations this weekend. (Quiet but still pleasant to be around).

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSE