• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Out Here, Please

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I still have trouble typing people that I know well! Here's what I have on this particular person, they:

-Appear incredibly well organized, but can also seem "spacey"(not noticing entire buildings that are being built next to their residence, forgetting to put on certain items of clothing, forgetting where they placed things, rushes around almost late quite frequently
-Very time and date conscious
-Outwardly traditional in the religious sense, but more privately keeps and reads books and quotes from many different religions. Demands and expects that family follow a traditionally religious orientation, outsiders are not expected to though. Has many friends of different religions, but believes they have been mislead.
-Used to want to be a teacher and a psychologist, but decided to be an academic administrator in higher education.
-Nickname is "The General"
-Very demanding and exhausting for many people to be around
-Always busy and can barely ever relax. Orders people into their "places".
-Participates and leads in community service projects regularly. Gets a good deal of accolade for efforts, and likes people to know about it.
-Has and expects acquaintances to call them by their professional title, even in their home.
-Values and is devoted to traditional education, but is generally unimpressed by radical ideas concerning alternative education, even if similar and/or better results are produced
-Will not listen to people when they try to address some of their unhealthy habits(bad eating habits, etc). Seem to need to be in a position of authority
-Do as I say...
-Amazing public speaker; great at rallying the troops
-Loves genealogy and tracing back into time
-Will sacrifice relationships in order to be "right" or have their way; values "correctness" over connection

What do you think?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
ExTJ-

I just hope no one thinks that because he missed a building it automatically makes him a intuitive.

Last edited:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
My first response was to just type them as an asshole, but I'll try a bit harder than that...

Lets see. I think this person might just be a fucked up ISTJ, caught in their lower order funtions. I'm seeing a lot of Fi, in the importance he places on his value system and also the fact that he does not try to extend it very far. From your description, it mostly seems to create a state of inaction/isolation - cutting off social conections with the "wrong sort" of people, refusing to get involved with peoples unpleasant personal problems. That would seem consistent with an ITJ suffering under their tertiary.

When Fe does comes out, it is seen as a desire to create a favourable impression in other people, rather than really interacting with them. That's also consistent with an ITJs 7th place trickster Fe.

Strong Te is evident in the organisation and drive to get things done. 6th place critical Ti can be seen in the tendancy to pick holes in other peoples faiths. It could also be helping the inferior Ne reject new ideas about education. The inferior goes into rejection mode when presented with something new, then shadow Ti comes up with a reason for it.

I'm glad the ISTJs I know aren't anything like this guy.

sculpting

I still have trouble typing people that I know well! Here's what I have on this particular person, they:

-Appear incredibly well organized, but can also seem "spacey"(not noticing entire buildings that are being built next to their residence, forgetting to put on certain items of clothing, forgetting where they placed things, rushes around almost late quite frequently
-Very time and date conscious
-Outwardly traditional in the religious sense, but more privately keeps and reads books and quotes from many different religions. Demands and expects that family follow a traditionally religious orientation, outsiders are not expected to though. Has many friends of different religions, but believes they have been mislead.
-Used to want to be a teacher and a psychologist, but decided to be an academic administrator in higher education.
-Nickname is "The General"
-Participates and leads in community service projects regularly. Gets a good deal of accolade for efforts, and likes people to know about it.
-Has and expects acquaintances to call them by their professional title, even in their home.
-Values and is devoted to traditional education, but is generally unimpressed by radical ideas concerning alternative education, even if similar and/or better results are produced
-Will not listen to people when they try to address some of their unhealthy habits(bad eating habits, etc). Seem to need to be in a position of authority
-Do as I say...
-Amazing public speaker; great at rallying the troops
-Loves genealogy and tracing back into time
-Will sacrifice relationships in order to be "right" or have their way; values "correctness" over connection

What do you think?

I am leaning towards an EXTJ.

TeXiXeFi

So TeNiSe or TeSiNe...

I have never seen an ISTJ who was this concerned with other people's business and seeking of leadership.
It doesnt sound lik the ESTJs I know either-they hard code details into Si.

Yeah I would guess ENTJ based upon what you are saying or maybe ESTJ.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
My first response was to just type them as an asshole, but I'll try a bit harder than that...

Lets see. I think this person might just be a fucked up ISTJ, caught in their lower order funtions. I'm seeing a lot of Fi, in the importance he places on his value system and also the fact that he does not try to extend it very far. From your description, it mostly seems to create a state of inaction/isolation - cutting off social conections with the "wrong sort" of people, refusing to get involved with peoples unpleasant personal problems. That would seem consistent with an ITJ suffering under their tertiary.

When Fe does comes out, it is seen as a desire to create a favourable impression in other people, rather than really interacting with them. That's also consistent with an ITJs 7th place trickster Fe.

Strong Te is evident in the organisation and drive to get things done. 6th place critical Ti can be seen in the tendancy to pick holes in other peoples faiths. It could also be helping the inferior Ne reject new ideas about education. The inferior goes into rejection mode when presented with something new, then shadow Ti comes up with a reason for it.

I guess I read that description much more neutrally...asshole didn't come to my mind.

It's interesting to read how when people ask for help typing another person, you can tell by the descriptions and details given to help ascertain a type how well the typer likes the typee. You can tell by what traits are emphasized and how those traits are described.

You can neutrally phrase a quality or characteristic (ideal I think for when asking to help type someone) or you can positively or negatively phrase it. Either way, it leads us down a path. CJ basically listed all the stereotypical negative qualities of a ExTJ and here we are. I wonder if she had named positive qualities would this person suddenly morph into another type?

Not picking on you or anything Andy, your first sentence just popped out at me.

CJ, I have no clue what this person's type is, I just opened the thread cause it was you. :)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like an ESTJ to me. TJ seems fairly obvious. I say EXTJ because of this:

While I've seen an INTJ or two that can appear like this, it's not very striking... because they sneakily disappear to reenergize often. ... and THEN come back and do the above.

I'm not completely positive about the S part, but this doesn't sound like any ENTJ I know:
Values and is devoted to traditional education, but is generally unimpressed by radical ideas concerning alternative education, even if similar and/or better results are produced

The ENTJs I know seem like they rather make their way to success regardless about what sort of education they have. In fact, one I know constantly thought about dropping out of college, convinced he didn't need a degree to be successful. And is now trying to create a "rags to riches" story by selling all the stuff he owns and build his success after that :doh:. Although, oddly enough, now that he has his degree he seems to have a superiority complex over those who don't have a degree or went to a lesser school :rolli:. The ESTJs I know seem to take school and degrees, etc. more seriously. Other than this, most of the things could go either way: ENTJ or ESTJ.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks so far everyone! Ni vs Si in this person is what's throwing me off as well.

-For the most part, I'd say they are very detail oriented.
-They're very artistic and creative and enjoy writing children's books with a moral or an emphasis on learning, like drawing and painting, making home decorations from scratch, bargain shopping for days(literally), and purchasing antiques.
-They don't watch much TV, but they do enjoy Dr. Phil, Judge Judy, and shows on HGTV that give them new ideas about what to do around the house.
-They enjoy philosophical conversations, so long as they aren't taken too seriously.
-They also believe that elders should be honored and obeyed because they are elders.
-Information that is "negative"(ex: transfats on a food label) is typically ignored, so long as it can be.

I appreciate that.
More than one person has expressed that sentiment, including people who I believe to be that person's "type" or similar. I do like them though, quite a bit.:) They've done a number of great things for many people.

I like your analysis. They test as XSTJ, mainly ISTJ.

I guess I read that description much more neutrally...asshole didn't come to my mind.
Hi Protean!:) I'm up in the air about their type, but was intending on being neutral. The person seems like an Te-dom to me, but I've wondered about them being an Fe-dom as well. Some people think we are a lot alike on the surface, although we are very different in our motivations and interactions with people. We both dream dreams for other people and help to get them where they're going.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I wonder if she had named positive qualities would this person suddenly morph into another type?

Not picking on you or anything Andy, your first sentence just popped out at me.

I don't think so. I'm not one of those people who hates SJs. The traits I saw simply fitted that of an unhealthy ISTJ, so that's what I went with. If I had seen healthy ISTJ traits, I would have gone with that as well.

-They're very artistic and creative and enjoy writing children's books with a moral or an emphasis on learning, like drawing and painting, making home decorations from scratch, bargain shopping for days(literally), and purchasing antiques.

There is nothing about Si that stops people being artistic, despite what people say. They tend not to be the type of artists who splash paint all over a canvas, roll around in it and call it an abstract painting, but that there are plenty of SJs who are skilled musicians or painters. They often seem to be drawn towards arts that are considered technically demanding (like classical music or portraits) or try to carry some sort of message they consider to be important (especially in the written arts).

I appreciate that.
More than one person has expressed that sentiment, including people who I believe to be that person's "type" or similar. I do like them though, quite a bit.:) They've done a number of great things for many people.

I like your analysis. They test as XSTJ, mainly ISTJ.

That's fair enough. I rarely feel the need to try and dictate to people how they should feel about something. I'm glad that you found my words useful.

sculpting

How old is this person? Maybe it is an ESTJ who is older and you are seeing some of the tert Ne via the creative interests? I have met a few mid 40s ESTJs who actually are quite open minded.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
That's fair enough. I rarely feel the need to try and dictate to people how they should feel about something. I'm glad that you found my words useful.
:) Thanks for your help.

How old is this person? Maybe it is an ESTJ who is older and you are seeing some of the tert Ne via the creative interests? I have met a few mid 40s ESTJs who actually are quite open minded.
They're in their late 50's, but have always been considered to be very creative. They take classes in the arts, furniture building, and classical music. They also played piano and used to teach it, but often were unsettled by the students who played by ear as opposed to learning and reading the notes.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
:) Thanks for your help.

They're in their late 50's, but have always been considered to be very creative. They take classes in the arts, furniture building, and classical music. They also played piano and used to teach it, but often were unsettled by the students who played by ear as opposed to learning and reading the notes.

This one's pretty hard, and they say the N/S is usually the hardest to distinguish. I'd say based on above they are definitely Te dom.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
It would appear that way, but despite the appearance of high Te, ESTP is now seeming like the better fit.