User Tag List

View Poll Results: What ennneagram type best represents Luna?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5w4

2 100.00%
  • 4w5

0 0%
  • 5 (unknown wing)

0 0%
  • 4 (unknown wing)

0 0%
  • Another Type that is yet to be Invented and Accepted

0 0%
  • Other (Explain...)

0 0%
First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

So in Inclusion, the concentration is in the Supine corner, and Phlegmatic Supine and Phlegmatic Sanguine are basically inbetween Supine and Sanguine (the full map is here: http://www.erictb.info/ryanarno.png). PM is out, because while also ambiverted, it is fully directive, and that you don't identify with; what you do identify with are the Phlegmatic traits, which can be found in pretty much any of the Phlegmatic blends. CP also, while fully extroverted and moderately directive, you don;t identify with the higher expressiveness than responsiveness (the whole "leading people on" thing).

So it looks like the PS/PG range is a good bet. That's why you seem torn between E and I.
    7 is more Sanguine, but when I first read about Enneagram, I thought 2 sounded like PS/PG (ambiverted, compared to the extroverted 7, and the introverted 4 and 6), and isn't that a type you mentioned? Though I'm not really pushing my ideas on the Enneagram/temperament correlation right now.
    With the ranges you're giving , somewhere in the 4 ,5, 6 range still sounds likely.

In Control, I would expect NT to fall into the Choleric range, though many don't identify. The traits are generally tempered away by the Supine in the other areas. You did have PC, and the other ones are basically the kind of stuff other INTP's often pick for Control.

So ANTP would seem to fit, but to really determine E/I (since MBTI doesn't recognize A), you would need to now determine the dominant function, between Ti and Ne. That's going to be more pertinent than other systems, and it has to be one or the other.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So it looks like the PS/PG range is a good bet. That's why you seem torn between E and I.
    What is the PS/PG range?

7 is more Sanguine, but when I first read about Enneagram, I thought 2 sounded like PS/PG (ambiverted, compared to the extroverted 7, and the introverted 4 and 6), and isn't that a type you mentioned?
    I score very low on and do not really see myself as a 2.

So ANTP would seem to fit, but to really determine E/I (since MBTI doesn't recognize A), you would need to now determine the dominant function, between Ti and Ne.
    Yep, that looks like what I need to go back to. I'll go back to my other thread for that.

That's going to be more pertinent than other systems, and it has to be one or the other.
    Darn, I was afraid of that. I was hoping to be both, or maybe a zNtP^57. That one works but 'tis not part of the system.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    What is the PS/PG range?
    Phlegmatic Supine/Phlegmatic sanGuine
    They're both together in the "moderate expressiveness" (ambiverted) range between Sanguine and Supine.
    I score very low on and do not really see myself as a 2.
    OK, so forget that idea.
    Forgot to mention that you do seem to score high on 8, and that is another evidence of Choleric/NT

Yep, that looks like what I need to go back to. I'll go back to my other thread for that.

Darn, I was afraid of that. I was hoping to be both, or maybe a zNtP^57. That one works but 'tis not part of the system.
    I tried to completely integrate ambiversion into type (the 76 or 81 type concept), but it doesn't seem to work. The ego chooses either an internal or external orientation, and then one dominant function, so it can't be two functions, or an "inbetween" orientation.
    What "ambiversion" might be is an increased openness to the opposite orientation, which would lead to a strong auxiliary, perhaps, or maybe a strong "oppositional/backup" (the dom. function with the opposite orientation.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Me..... A Three?

Weirdly... I think I could be. It is usually in the top 3 of my results, so I figured I'd check it out, and a couple things struck me.

One of the reasons that a while back I thought I could be a four is because I put a whole lot of emphasis on being out of the ordinary so that I bring awesome (something of worth) to the world. But it seems that this is actually more of a 3 thing than of 4.

Less so nowadays, but through a lot of my time at school I was really focused on doing well academically, even if most of the time it didn't work out that way (still procrastinated on homework all the time).

I care more about my image and being liked than I would like to admit to myself.

But it was this thing I found here http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typethree.asp that really tipped me off:

"Thus, the fundamental dilemma of Threes is that they have not been allowed to be who they really are and to manifest their own authentic qualities. At a young age, they got the message that they were not allowed to have feelings and be themselves: they must, in effect, be someone else to be accepted. To some degree, all of the personality types have been sent the same message, but because of their particular background and makeup, Threes not only heard it, they began to live by it. The attention they received by performing in a certain way was their oxygen, and they needed it to breathe. Unfortunately, it came at a high price."

I remember being very little and already being really frustrated that I had not achieved awesome things yet, and annoyed that I couldn't be myself as long as I was dependent on the adults, so I sort of hid myself, became what I needed to be temporarily, zoned out in front of the TV a lot, withdrew from most people, and waited things out. But that "temporary performance" lasted about 10 years, and now at semi-independence I am left a drained and confused person, not to mention more serious problems.

Even with all this though, I still relate a lot of what the type 7 is about. I think I could even a be a 4, 5, or 6 as well. So how do I tell? Is there anything key about the type 3 that I am missing that I should look into?

*takes a little bow*