• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type am i?

soft

MBTI Type
infp
I'm not really sure what type I am. Other than taking tests, what ways can I find out? I'll be willing to answer questions for anyone who wants to type me!
Thanks

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Take the tests to get an 'estimate' of your letter preferences as a way to begin.

Do you have any letters that you are absolutely sure is you? Introversion vs Extroversion, Intuition vs Sensing, Feeling vs Thinking, Judging vs Perceiving.

Or, if you have read up on the functions, which you should, which ones do you identity with the most? the second? etc.

Or, describe yourself in a couple of concise paragraphs that distinguishes you as an individual and we can take a guess.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
I won't say what I tested as (don't want a bias), but it didn't seem exactly right. If everyone else has the same answer then I'll accept it haha.

so.. about me...
Growing up I was very introverted. I was shy and extremely sensitive to any criticism, bullying, etc. I cried a lot (though mostly in private). I had a number of very close friends but was still unpopular in my extremely clique-y school. I was smart, always testing in the 98th-99th percentile on standardized tests. I stopped applying myself in about 7th grade, so my grades took a dip. I ran away from home for a day in 8th grade because I was too scared to show my parents my report card (I didn't want to disappoint them).
I loved video games, reading, and (when I was very young) playing fantasy games with my brother and best friend. I was not athletic and had very low self confidence overall.

Me today:
I think I'm still introverted, but I've become a much more outgoing introvert. I love spending time with my friends and I don't mind being the center of attention as much as I used to. I am very well liked by my friends and most people who get to know me (although I sometimes wonder why). Though I still think I that I NEED alone time after too much socializing.
Everyone always tells me I'm "laid-back" and "chill," which I guess makes sense, but on the inside I am very emotional. I really hate upsetting people, and if I do, it normally eats at me for a very long time. I hate criticism/conflict and normally try very hard to keep peace. If someone upsets me I normally try to shake it off and not show how much it hurt me.

I am very lazy. I procrastinate EVERYTHING, even things I legitimately want to do very much (example: I want to consistently write music/fiction, but the ideas very rarely leave my head)

I love taking walks by myself (or with a willing participant). I love walking through fields, hilly areas, beaches- especially under the stars. I guess in general I really love and appreciate natural beauty. I can walk for hours and be completely entertained by my thoughts.

I am a hopeless romantic, although I'm probably the only person who knows this. I used to have ZERO confidence when talking to girls because I perceived myself as completely undesirable. Most of my close female friends have since convinced me that I actually have worth, although I think most girls would be turned off by how passive/innocent I come off as. Even though all of my friends try to tell me that I'm a "catch," I still have never had a girlfriend (18 y.o.) and I tend to screw up any opportunities.
-One thing I've noticed: any time a potential relationship comes up, I always seem to lose interest in the girl. I wonder if it's because I believe I will screw it up, or because I have very strange standards. All I can say is that I have found something wrong with every single girl that has ever "liked" me. However every girl I've ever felt strong feelings for has always seemed to be out of my reach.

I daydream- all day, every day. I can easily dream up a scenario emotional enough to cause me to cry. Sometimes I will get so caught up in a fantasy that it will disappoint me when reality crashes down and I remember that it's not real.

My hobbies include: playing bass/guitar, smoking weed, video games, hanging with friends, looking up random things on the internet (I literally spend hours doing this), taking walks... that's pretty much it.

hmmm... what else?
another thing - when no one will take a role of responsibility I often find myself doing it. It seems like a lot of people look up to me as a leader, and although I am pretty sure I'm not a natural leader, I don't really mind being one.

I guess the part I was most confused about was the N/S side of me. Does either one seem obvious? I have a pretty solid idea of the other three letters though. Any input is appreciated! :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
You sound like a male version of me. :) So, my first thought is INFP. But you could also be ISFP and a third option could be ISFJ, but it is a distant option. ISFP because what you said is not obviously intuitive. What do you feel about theories? What do you like to talk about? What do you want to do in the future as a career and why? The profiles for INFPs and ISFPs are very different, so... I'd think you could easily figure it out, but I am like 85% intuitive and some are near the middle. And I don't know ISFPs well to speak with certainty.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
You sound like a male version of me. :) So, my first thought is INFP. But you could also be ISFP and a third option could be ISFJ, but it is a distant option. ISFP because what you said is not obviously intuitive. What do you feel about theories? What do you like to talk about? What do you want to do in the future as a career and why? The profiles for INFPs and ISFPs are very different, so... I'd think you could easily figure it out, but I am like 85% intuitive and some are near the middle. And I don't know ISFPs well to speak with certainty.

hmmm.. I'm not really sure about theories. I guess I look up a lot of stuff on the internet, sometimes theories, and while I don't always 100% understand it I'm always interested in it. I like to talk about pretty deep stuff. Most of my friends like talking about sports, people, etc, which I don't really mind. But sometimes I will try to bring up "bigger" things and no one else ever seems interested. I don't really know what I want to do with my future career. I am a CS major right now and it's not bad, but sometimes I think I would be happier doing something else, like writing. I'm not a very good writer, but my creative writing professor told me I have a lot potential for writing fiction. I guess right now I'm really confused about my future.

-I looked up the profiles for INFP and ISFP and found that I can somewhat relate to both. Apparently I'm missing something (is that common of a specific type? haha)

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
I'll say INFP; almost everything from your big post could've been about me.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Hmmm. I can't conclusively say you are INFP, though I think you lean toward it more than ISFP. Which parts of each profile do you relate to the most? Cut and pause whatever is the most 'you' and then, I can be conclusive. :) For me, I have never doubted my N or my I, everything else took me a while to settle on, so this is interesting.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
Thanks guys, I've done some more reading and I think INFP is the best fit for me (it was my test result too).