User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INTJ/INTP/INTx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Default INTJ/INTP/INTx

I consistently test as an INTJ on the standard mbti tests, though recently i have taken two tests that incorporated "functions", and as it turns out, according to these tests my functions are the same as that of an INTP.My j/p was always the least pronounced of my preferences anyway.

So i have decided to list some of my possible INTP and INTJ traits, and see what you guys have to say on the matter.

INTJ

-I am confident

-I am assertive

-I prefer to lead mainly because i usually can't count on anyone else to do it right.

INTP

-not hyper-organized (though i wouldnt categorize myself as sloppy either)

-I could be considered an under-acheiver

-I sometimes get sidetracked on information that does not pertain to what I am doing at the moment.

Your input is appreciated.Feel free to ask anything else that you think would be necessary to type me, I know this is a little vague.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

How long does it take you to come to opinions? In fact, are opinions of much interest to you at all, or are you more concerned with simply deciding what you need to do next?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It depends I can come to an opinion quickly if I have adequate information, but naturally i want to fully understand something before i form an opinion. Opinions are of great importance to me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    It depends I can come to an opinion quickly if I have adequate information, but naturally i want to fully understand something before i form an opinion. Opinions are of great importance to me.
    Do you find a lack of information inhibits you from taking action? Which situation would you find it hardest to make decision in? One where you had all the information to hand, but were unsure if the potential course of action was something you really wanted to do OR one where you knew what you felt like doing, but lacked the information to really make an informed choice?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

How much time do you spend on gathering information?
    Do you search within yourself for answers or do you search for it from others/wait for it to come?
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

@Andy, a lack of information would not generally prevent me from taking action. Although I prefer to do my research before I take action, I can go off of whatever information I have if neccessary.

To answer your second question I would probably be more uncomfortable with the first choice.

@Bluegray, I spend alot of time gathering information, but I usually lose interest in a particular topic once i have gathered enough information to have a reasonable understanding of whatever I am researching.

I am constantly searching for answers within myself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Thank you. Which of these problems besets you the most?

a) Being overwhelmed by emotions generated by your interactions with other people.
    b) Over indulgance of physical pleasure or being excessively spartan, especially if you oscillate between the two states.
    c) Getting stuck in a rut, or being unable to come up with a sensible alternative to an old habit.

Don't worry about all my negative questions - I just have a negative mind. I often find it easier to type people by picking out their weaknesses and problems. That was how I typed myself!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would have to say C.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I think I have a pretty good idea of your type now, but one last question, just to be sure. When you are presented with a new idea, principal or fact do you spend more time trying to decide whether or not it is reliable (in that you can be sure it will not fail when used for somthing important) OR trying to decide how true it is (in that the idea is what it looks like, rather than being a reflection of something else).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Reliability most likely.