User Tag List

First 12

Thread: INTJ/INTP/INTx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Then I can now reveal what I believe your type is. Drum roll, please... Your type is.... ISTJ!

Ok, I know that wasn't one of the options you put up, but let me take you through my reasoning.

In the first question, I presented two situation. One in which the problem was a lack of information, the other came from your own emotions. You said that the emotional situation would be the hardest for you to resolve. In introverts, the inability to reach a decision often comes from the weakness teritary, which suggested that your third function was a feeling function, probably Fi. This suggested ITJ. An INTP, on the other hand, has weak Si, and they are often paralysied by lack of information instead. In an ISTJ, Si is primary, highly developed and able to work with comparitively smaller amounts of info.

The second question I asked was essentially about the inferior. Inferior Fe (ITPs) can create problems in dealing with emotions generated by interactions with other people. Inferior Se (INJs) leads to physical over indulgence or physical neglect. Inferior Ne (ISJs) leads to an inability to break old habits or concoct realistic alternatives. You went for the last, which was consistent with ISTJ.

My final question was about the primary. Si is characterised by seeking out information which is considered reliable, so that good decisions can be made on a foundation of sound ideas. The other option was more Ni, which tries to work out how true things are -whether something only works because of something else that lies beneath. Again you chose the Si answer. Thus, over all I see you as an ISTJ.

Don't worry about what all those online tests ask you, they are unreliable, and frequently over diagnose people as intuitives. Both the ITJs look inside themselves for answers, they just do so in different ways. Both are forward planners, but with different motivations.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

EWWW,istj?NOOOOOO!

j/k but in all seriousness a sensor is one thing I am certain I am not. I have offbase political beleifs and despise traditionalists,rules, and regulations. In all the online tests i took (even though I realize you said they over diagnose people as Ns) N was my strongest trait with the exception of introversion on one of them.

The only reason I answered C is because I had one particular habit in mind; the one I have in mind is probably a result of my introversion.

I appreciate your input, but i will have to disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post

I have offbase political beleifs and despise traditionalists,rules, and regulations.
    Actually, none of those things stop someone from being an ISTJ. The SJs have an undeserved reputation for being rule-bound, mindless traditionalists, but it's not really true. The essential essence of the ISTJ isn't to simply preserve and repeat what has gone before, but rather to determine what ideas, principals and facts can be called upon to do what needs to be done in the most reliable way available. Each ISTJ goes through their own process of determining what those principals are, and they often come to conclusions that are at odds with the majority opinion.

The stereotypes surrounding ISTJs often reflect upon the worst examples of the type - the immature and the unhealthy. A balanced, intelligent ISTJ will get as brassed off with thoughtless tradition as anyone else. Once a principal has passed it's sell by date, they will let it go and switch to another tactic. ISTJs prefer things they know will work, but when all the familiar choices will fail, the smart Si answer is to take the unkown, as possible failure is better than certain failure!

I actualy doubled checked this answer with the extra question at the end, looking for signs of both the primary and the inferior. You can disagree with me, of course, but before you throw the opinion out, I would advise you to go to the guard house and read through some of the threads where the SJs talk about themselves. That wopuld be far more reliable than reading all those terrible, inaccurate descriptions of them you find on line. You'll make up your own mind, of course, which is as it should be. Have fun.

MBTI
    abcd

Andy,
    As lurker of this thread, I want to say you THANKS!
    Because I am usually undecided between INTP and INTJ and in according to your small test I am INTP. I answered "lack of information" because is the worst thing for me (and, I add, probably with Ne who scan continuosly the reality and overgenerate patterns, informations are never enough. Do you agree?), and I answered "problems in dealing with emotions generated by interactions with other people" as one of my main issues.
    Thank you again! Bye.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    Andy,
    As lurker of this thread, I want to say you THANKS!
    Because I am usually undecided between INTP and INTJ and in according to your small test I am INTP. I answered "lack of information" because is the worst thing for me (and, I add, probably with Ne who scan continuosly the reality and overgenerate patterns, informations are never enough. Do you agree?), and I answered "problems in dealing with emotions generated by interactions with other people" as one of my main issues.
    Thank you again! Bye.
    I'm glad you found it useful!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

@OP

INTJ most likely. Reliability plays a role in practicality, especially when a goal needs to be accomplished. In that case, time is of the essence.

In addition, I don't believe "N's" are so rare.