• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ/INTP/INFJ

WaitingToRapture

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi! :) I'm new here so I want to determine if I really am an INTJ. Most tests show that I'm an INTJ (perhaps about 70-80% of them), while the rest show that I'm an INTP. Actually, I was not typed as an INFJ ever in any of these tests, but I might just been mistyped, considering the fact that INTJ and INFJ share the same dominant function. Also, it has been noted that male INFJ's are usually mistyped as INTJ's, due to, probably, the fact that thinking is often associated with masculine traits.

I will now describe myself with the best of my knowledge :confused:

I am 20 years old, and English is my second language (I was exposed to english when I was about 4-5 years old). I come from the Philippines, by the way, so my 1st language is Filipino/Tagalog.

I love to learn new languages! I am currently learning basic Spanish and Italian. In my childhood, I actually struggled to learn German, Russian, and Japanese by myself, only to give up afterwards after I've lost interest. But I think that I will really pursue studying Spanish and Italian, and perhaps French as well.

I am a business and accountancy major, which I think is the realm of SJ's, or more specifically, the STJ's(?). I strongly feel that I'm not SJ, but I managed to place myself near the top of the class.

I tend to visualize what will happen in the future. This usually comes complete with detailed images, dialogues, how people would react given a certain scenario, etc...

I have this huge, naive ambition to change the world. Like world peace, eradication of poverty, understanding across all cultures and nations, etc :smile:

I enjoy my mathematics, statistics and economics classes. I like to play around the underlying theories and concepts. I think that this might be Te, guided by Ni?

I love to read. When I was a child, I used to go to the bookstores and libraries rather than on playgrounds and arcades. My form of punishment would be: "No new books for this month!"

When I have an interest on a certain idea or subject, I immerse totally myself into it--I go to great lengths just to have a fuller understanding of the subject.

I want a certain image for myself, mostly I want to be seen as competent, trustworthy, and sometimes even eccentric. Sometimes, I dunno, I tend to act like a social climber. I generally want myself to be perceived as well-off. Well, this trait of mine is definitely so un-INTJish. It's like Se (?) or perhaps Fe (?).

I am a fan of TV shows Lost, Alias, and How I Met Your Mother. I also love cooking shows.

I cry a lot when the movie or TV show is sad enough. I cry even if there is like an unexpected happy ending. Tears of joy, I guess.

I worry a lot. I like to be prepared. I like to plan. But surprisingly enough, I almost end up late for an appointment or a deadline.

When it comes to video games, I generally like strategic games, mostly war games. I also like games where you can see "improvements"in your character as you progress. I like to achieve goals even when playing.

I love sunsets (my profile pic here) and sunrises, idyllic landscapes. I feel something mystical and often I experience a sense of other-worldliness.

I tend to like songs for their beat and rhythm, not by their lyrics and meaning. I love classical music.

Some of my teachers way back in elementary are irritated when I act as the overbearing know-it-all. I just can't stand people believing and learning wrong ideas.

For the most part, I have thought of myself as fairly introverted. I am more comfortable when I'm alone. But I can speak smoothly through crowds and new acquaintances, that these people would be surprised when I tell them I'm really introverted. Unlike most introverts, I guess, I am sensitive to other's feelings, for instance, when somebody is already bored with what I's saying. I tend to notice expressions and gestures that other people would normally not see.

When meeting a person, I have these weird thoughts and suggestions going in my mind. Like "this person really dislikes this other person, even if he acts favorably in front of him", or "this person is a surefire megalomaniac", things like that.

For some reason, I tend to rise to positions of leadership even when I have not actually vouched myself in being the leader. This usually happens when I encounter new classmates in the first days of class and we have to group ourselves for an activity. They almost unanimously vote me as a leader even if we've met for only a few days in class.

Please help me, folks! I will add later if something else comes up! :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here we go, I have a time line for ya:
-Haven't read Post, INTP
-Halfway through, Enneagram 5, INTP
-Finished, INTP 5

You seem to be gathering information alot, pretty aparent given the form of your post
There was some Ne style stuff in there too.

WaitingToRapture

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, yeah, I was really torn between INTP and INFJ. Both use Ti and Fe, only in different orders. I use both functions more than Te and Fi, which INTJ's have.

So I guess the title of this should have been INFJ/INTP.

On another note, I would also like to add that I always bear grudges. And this I do even if the person hasn't done anything bad yet, I get angry at the person (albeit only internally) the moment I feel that this person may not like me, or worse, silently belittles me. It just goes to show that maybe I'm mostly insecure about myself at times.

Keep on posting, I wanna know more! :)

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
I second INFJ.

An emotional man who enjoys war games and wants to make the world a happy place? Not a T.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An emotional man who enjoys war games and wants to make the world a happy place? Not a T.

I can't emphasize enough what the F-T dichotomy really means: it's about a preference for making decisions based on logic or a preference for making decisions based on feelings. That's it. It shows how you deal with problems, it doesn't determine your goals in life.

Why wouldn't a T enjoy war games (Te) and make the world a happy place (Ni) while being emotional (tertiary Fi in development)?

Seriously, stop overusing MBTI, this shit doesn't deserve as much.

As for the Op: I think you may be INTP.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INTx is my bet

if you happen to be an INFJ however, it's not a 4w5 ;)

WaitingToRapture

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks for all your posts, but still I can't decide right now on what my type is.

Here are more information about me: (I don't usually talk about myself, this is hard, but please bear with me :))

For as long as I can remember, I'm always bothered by the riddles of the universe. "Why are we here?" "What am I, really?" "What is consciousness?" I felt that we are like survivors in a plane crash in a remote island who have forgotten what they are in their everyday lives before the crash. We know things about our life in the island (the universe). But we don't know why are we in the island, and "what is this huge piece of metal?", "what is this island, really?" "What are we before we're here, well, if there is a before, that is"

I usually look cold and distant when you haven't talked to me yet, but people I've met remark that they are surprised that I am actually very friendly and warm in person. And also, I can tell mean jokes, usually by taking things out of context and observing proper timing.

I really love animals, small things, broken things, sad things. I like the rain. It's weird, I know. Our school in elementary was once used as a fort during WWII by the Japanese occupants, and sometimes, I remember myself as a child trying to "feel" the place. It's as if I can feel the loneliness of the place. I habitually imagine myself living there during the wartime and I can daydream about it all day long, and it still haunts me up to now.

I concoct random stories in my head, and I add new pieces as I go on through my everyday life when something inspires me. Usually the story becomes really convoluted, that I myself gets confused with the details. The earlier parts of the plot are usually not remembered well, and a major modification of the whole storyline then has to be made, making the original story almost entirely edited out that I effectively end up making another one.

My memory's generally not good. I tend to forget names and phone numbers, and I usually get lost on a place where I had already been a lot of times before. Pero , I have memories as far back as when I was 1 year old (1st birthday!--was it really a recollection, or is it something I imagined? I dunno). For some reason, these memories are selectively and vividly remembered. My next earliest memory was when I was 2-3 years old, when my grandma joyously quipped, "Ire! [Push out!]", when I was squirming in my toilet trainer to poop. :smile:

I'm currently interested in Men's Health magazines. I'm not sporty, well veeery far from being one actually. I can't seem to coordinate my body properly when playing any sport, or dancing. I'm actually interested in training myself toward those pursuits, but I have never succeeded. Well, the main reason for buying Men's Health mags is for self-preservation :smile:. I want to live long and see the world for a longer time. I also love to try the healthy recipes in these mags.

Ciao! I hope this helps :)