User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Virlomi View Post
    "?"- Finding out my temperament via my interaction style... I assume you mean just watching how I react in situations, are there any specific things I should think about in relation to any specific type?
    Actually I mean taking a good temperament test to determine your prefernce. Keep in mind that we use all type functions and temperaments. Organizing them in to a priority will be first step to determining whether you prefer SP, NT, NF or SJ. I like the test because it does rank the order of temperament preferences and gives you a better understanding of why you may or may not appear like your best fit type. In my case I prefer SP-NT-NF-SJ. Then you can eliminate three of the four types in the temperament by determing your interaction style. Also, bestfittype.com offers the best descriptions of type that I have seen. I thought that I posted the URLs on one my earlier post, but it may have been for a different thread.

MBTI
    INTP

My results-

ISTJ 59%
    ISFJ 46%
    INFJ 56%
    INTJ 68%
    ISTP 67%
    ISFP 40%
    INFP 45%
    INTP 72%
    ESTP 52%
    ESFP 40%
    ENTP 62%
    ESTJ 63%
    ESFJ 36%
    ENFJ 41%
    ENTJ 68%

Politeness for me is somewhat instinctual... Even as a much younger kid I never asked for anything, because I considered that rude, and never understood those that did. These days, I still have the nagging need to be polite, but I appreciate it more, because it can open a lot of doors for you.

Ah, thanks for the clarification on interaction styles, the links much have been a different thread. I was strategical, tactical, logical, and then diplomatic, and then 'Behind-the-Scenes.'

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Virlomi View Post
    My results-

ISTJ 59%
    ISFJ 46%
    INFJ 56%
    INTJ 68%
    ISTP 67%
    ISFP 40%
    INFP 45%
    INTP 72%
    ESTP 52%
    ESFP 40%
    ENTP 62%
    ESTJ 63%
    ESFJ 36%
    ENFJ 41%
    ENTJ 68%

Politeness for me is somewhat instinctual... Even as a much younger kid I never asked for anything, because I considered that rude, and never understood those that did. These days, I still have the nagging need to be polite, but I appreciate it more, because it can open a lot of doors for you.
    INTP 72%
    INTJ & ENTJ 68%
    ISTP 67%

Interesting results.

MBTI
    INTJ

INTP - Introverted Thinking with Intuition
    INTJ - Introverted Intuition with Thinking
    Extraverted Thinking with Intuition
    ISTP - Introverted Thinking with Sensing

If you have some time to kill, you could read these profiles and see which one you relate to the most.

MBTI
    INTJ

Why are we still discussing this? Virlomi is an INTP. Politeness might be due to her relatively strong Si, or simply due to her gender and cultural influences, or just a combination of all these factors. Not that interesting, really.

MBTI
    INTP

haha, alright then. (: Thank you for your help.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Why are we still discussing this? Virlomi is an INTP. Politeness might be due to her relatively strong Si, or simply due to her gender and cultural influences, or just a combination of all these factors. Not that interesting, really.
    No, I don't agree. But apparently you've convinced this person that they are, so it doesn't matter much at this point. I'm mildly annoyed that you're conveniently chalking it up to culture/gender and dismissing all the differences that don't fit with that in what I consider to be an unsound manner. Here are my main reasons for thinking this person probably isn't an INTP:

1. Friends. the person appreciates their friends to enough of an extent that I don't think you can make a case for inferior Fe. The timidity mentioned earlier could be any introverted type, after all. Also, even female INTP's tend to have problems socially (just ask them), and if anything can have more issues in some ways than male ones because they're so far removed from the norm.

2. Politeness. INTP's would have a hard time (to say the least) just acting polite all the time. They may be aware enough to not say anything, or just give a minimal, neutral response, but acting "compulsively polite" would not be something they would/could do under normal circumstances. There are times some of them would want to, but it's just not something they can do without a lot of stress.

3. Order. The person seemed to have too much of an appreciation for structure/order to be much of a Perceiving type. The introduction was arranged in paragraphs, and each topic seemed to follow from the previous one, and the order they were presented in created the sense of one topic going into the other without any abrupt or seemingly random shifts.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    No, I don't agree. But apparently you've convinced this person that they are, so it doesn't matter much at this point. I'm mildly annoyed that you're conveniently chalking it up to culture/gender and dismissing all the differences that don't fit with that in what I consider to be an unsound manner. Here are my main reasons for thinking this person probably isn't an INTP:
    I ask, haven't she tested as INTP in almost all the tests? How many times do you want to second-guess that?

1. Friends. the person appreciates their friends to enough of an extent that I don't think you can make a case for inferior Fe. The timidity mentioned earlier could be any introverted type, after all. Also, even female INTP's tend to have problems socially (just ask them), and if anything can have more issues in some ways than male ones because they're so far removed from the norm.
    I am an IT, and I love my friends, and value them tremendously. Does that mean I can't be an IT? Must every introvert be socially handicapped?

2. Politeness. INTP's would have a hard time (to say the least) just acting polite all the time. They may be aware enough to not say anything, or just give a minimal, neutral response, but acting "compulsively polite" would not be something they would/could do under normal circumstances. There are times some of them would want to, but it's just not something they can do without a lot of stress.
    Did you see how I mentioned relatively strong Si?

3. Order. The person seemed to have too much of an appreciation for structure/order to be much of a Perceiving type. The introduction was arranged in paragraphs, and each topic followed from the previous one sequentially, and the order they were presented in created the sense of one topic going into the other without any abrupt or seemingly random shifts.
    Haha, again you are referring to the writings of Virlomi? I think I did a fairly good case for INTPs being one of the best types at grammar and spelling. You seem to forget it is on average the type with the highest IQ. Sorry, but your prejudices seem to mislead you. But even if her order is relatively high for her type, it might be explained by her relatively strong Si. Conlusion is therefore that Virlomi is an INTP with a strong tertiary Si.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I ask, haven't she tested as INTP in almost all the tests? How many times do you want to second-guess that?
    Okay... that's reasonable.

I am an IT, and I love my friends, and value them tremendously. Does that mean I can't be an IT? Must every introvert be socially handicapped?
    INTJ would have tertiary Fi, and INTP would have Inferior Fe. So it would be reasonable for an INTJ to have friends they love/value tremendously, but it would be really hard for an INTP to make the same admission (Inferior Fe). They might have friends they spend time with to pursue particular interests, but they would be hard-pressed to admit any sort of feeling towards them unless they were under extreme stress.
    Did you see how I mentioned relatively strong Si?
    No, I didn't at first... but that makes more sense now. Si could lead to organization of the environment, but how do you explain their ability to deal with abstract order?

Haha, again you are referring to the writings of Virlomi? I think I did a fairly good case for INTPs being one of the best types at grammar and spelling. You seem to forget it is on average the type with the highest IQ. Sorry, but your prejudices seem to mislead you. But even if her order is relatively high for her type, it might be explained by her relatively strong Si. Conlusion is therefore that Virlomi is an INTP with a strong tertiary Si.
    I wasn't talking about grammar/spelling, which we had already addressed. I was talking about paragraph organization and topic contiguity. That's a completely different subject.

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ would have tertiary Fi, and INTP would have Inferior Fe. So it would be reasonable for an INTJ to have friends they love/value tremendously, but it would be really hard for an INTP to make the same admission (Inferior Fe). They might have friends they spend time with to pursue particular interests, but they would be hard-pressed to admit any sort of feeling towards them unless they were under extreme stress.
    Practically I do not think the differences will be large. My guess would also be female INTPs would probably value their friends more, on average, than their male counterparts. And I mean, who doesn't value their friends? Extremely few. Also I feel you generalise too much, be open to exceptions.

I wasn't talking about grammar/spelling, which we had already addressed. I was talking about paragraph organization and topic contiguity. That's a completely different subject.
    I do think you read too much into very little. Also note clarity is the essence of Ti, and doesn't clarity go well with especially topic contiguity? Writing style will vary between INTPs, as it will vary among all types, but do not be surprised if the INTP type is one of the P types most ordered in their writing, because they are always striving for clarity. Also, someone that seems to write very clearly, might give the false impression of writing in a structured manner.

Sorry if I sound harsh. I appreciate your humble nature, it gives a good climate for discussion, which is something I suck at.