User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Try me

  1. #21
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    I've deduced you as an INFP from your avatar alone.

  2. #22
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    heh actually it looks like me.

    but yeh, i'm feelin a bit emo. i tuned my guitar in an open minor G as well. love the "sad chords".

  3. #23
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    the only thing i should add is that i've played many roles that don't seem very... "infp-like". i grew up a nice kid, fairly sociable, not incredibly popular or anything.. but i took it upon myself to be very defensive (either for myself or others)..and there was really no choice in my environment. some people's asses needed to be beat. the thing is... i realized how much that worked that i ended up abusing this awareness of "strength" as i grew older.

    so.. what i'm sayin' is, a big part of trying to come to grips with mbti is wondering which type has the capacity for turning into a bully. because i became one.

    not only that, but i ended up kind of being a gangbanger at one point. i never got rolled in, but i spent a lot of time with the latin kings in my teens. serious enough shit that a good deal of these friends are long gone, murdered, or serving sentences for murder, rape, and the like. i got out quick once i started seeing guns and shit, but i did enjoy the infamous rep i had with just fighting, drugs and such. i think i was more or less a nice guy once you got to know me, but you know.. wtf kind of infp would have this history? :\

    i feel severely broken for many reasons, but i'm not sure it's about emo-ness, idealism, romanticism. it's guilt, loss of potential.. shame. and a need to make things right nowadays.

    secondly, i've done other things i think infps might find unthinkable. i really believe i'm a romantic at heart, but sometimes my senses get the best of me. i might be at a party or something..notice some girl digs me..and start whispering sweet naughty nothings in her ear.. which isn't so bad, but the real kicker is, her husband is standing right there 5 feet away, and i'm kind of getting off on the rush (i don't make a habit of this btw, but it's happened a few times). i'm not sure if this is "characteristic" of me, or just, like, isolated kamikaze moves. or maybe simply horny-ness i'd think an infp would check themselves though, y'know?

  4. #24
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    the only thing i should add is that i've played many roles that don't seem very... "infp-like". i grew up a nice kid, fairly sociable, not incredibly popular or anything.. but i took it upon myself to be very defensive (either for myself or others)..and there was really no choice in my environment. some people's asses needed to be beat. the thing is... i realized how much that worked that i ended up abusing this awareness of "strength" as i grew older.

    so.. what i'm sayin' is, a big part of trying to come to grips with mbti is wondering which type has the capacity for turning into a bully. because i became one.

    not only that, but i ended up kind of being a gangbanger at one point. i never got rolled in, but i spent a lot of time with the latin kings in my teens. serious enough shit that a good deal of these friends are long gone, murdered, or serving sentences for murder, rape, and the like. i got out quick once i started seeing guns and shit, but i did enjoy the infamous rep i had with just fighting, drugs and such. i think i was more or less a nice guy once you got to know me, but you know.. wtf kind of infp would have this history? :\

    i feel severely broken for many reasons, but i'm not sure it's about emo-ness, idealism, romanticism. it's guilt, loss of potential.. shame. and a need to make things right nowadays.

    secondly, i've done other things i think infps might find unthinkable. i really believe i'm a romantic at heart, but sometimes my senses get the best of me. i might be at a party or something..notice some girl digs me..and start whispering sweet naughty nothings in her ear.. which isn't so bad, but the real kicker is, her husband is standing right there 5 feet away, and i'm kind of getting off on the rush (i don't make a habit of this btw, but it's happened a few times). i'm not sure if this is "characteristic" of me, or just, like, isolated kamikaze moves. or maybe simply horny-ness i'd think an infp would check themselves though, y'know?
    wow, I see you've gone through a bit. That stuff might make it harder to type yourself. Did you ever just tag along, or were you an instigator? You seem too assertive to be an INFP.
    5 3 9

  5. #25
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    i was very tempted to come back and delete that. heh.. gotta keep it real, i guess.

    thanks for the question.. i was the instigator, but like i said, it was a time when things were very "petty", low level aggressive or criminal behavior (fights, egging people on to get into them, burglary).

    one of my good friends then though who, for all intents and purposes, exuded much more confidence and appeared to be an alpha/lead type, used to tell me i was "too cocky" -- he never once got into fights himself. it was like he commanded more attention without doing a thing. i bought into it myself, and i was always kind of cowering with him (and maybe i was right in that.. he became the head of the kings in this city for awhile.. like literal crime boss and shit. he's been in prison since though, and is crippled in one leg. his story is pretty much over with). the point i guess i'm trying to make though is that i while i was an instigator, i guess i could be a little intimidated by more self-confident people (even if they might have been full of shit heh).

    anyways, maybe all of this stuff is beyond the scope of mbti. maybe i should pay attention to who i am now.

  6. #26
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i was very tempted to come back and delete that. heh.. gotta keep it real, i guess.

    thanks for the question.. i was the instigator, but like i said, it was a time when things were very "petty", low level aggressive or criminal behavior (fights, egging people on to get into them, burglary).

    one of my good friends then though who, for all intents and purposes, exuded much more confidence and appeared to be an alpha/lead type, used to tell me i was "too cocky" -- he never once got into fights himself. it was like he commanded more attention without doing a thing. i bought into it myself, and i was always kind of cowering with him (and maybe i was right in that.. he became the head of the kings in this city for awhile.. like literal crime boss and shit. he's been in prison since though, and is crippled in one leg. his story is pretty much over with). the point i guess i'm trying to make though is that i while i was an instigator, i guess i could be a little intimidated by more self-confident people (even if they might have been full of shit heh).

    anyways, maybe all of this stuff is beyond the scope of mbti. maybe i should pay attention to who i am now.
    Fairly confident that you're a perciever, that's for sure

    You'd think that the choices you've made would hint at your type (F/T), that the way you've gathered info would indicate S/N, and how you use it would indicate J/P and E/I.

    Do you put in much effort when it comes to keeping in touch with friends or going out in your spare time? (that's what they mean by ENERGY when they tell you that extroverts gain energy from social interaction) If you're an EP, I can garantee that you'd want to satisfy that Pe a fair bit .

    I think that you could definitely be an intuitive, I don't have much proof though.
    5 3 9

  7. #27
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    the only thing i should add is that i've played many roles that don't seem very... "infp-like". i grew up a nice kid, fairly sociable, not incredibly popular or anything.. but i took it upon myself to be very defensive (either for myself or others)..and there was really no choice in my environment. some people's asses needed to be beat. the thing is... i realized how much that worked that i ended up abusing this awareness of "strength" as i grew older.
    so.. what i'm sayin' is, a big part of trying to come to grips with mbti is wondering which type has the capacity for turning into a bully. because i became one.
    ?
    this (bolded) sounds more like enneagram 8 or counter phobic 6, than any mbti type.. so i wouldnt confuse it with mbti.

    from all else i'd be sure only of FP part. if you're S you're definately balanced on that part...

  8. #28
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Fairly confident that you're a perciever, that's for sure

    You'd think that the choices you've made would hint at your type (F/T), that the way you've gathered info would indicate S/N, and how you use it would indicate J/P and E/I.

    Do you put in much effort when it comes to keeping in touch with friends or going out in your spare time? (that's what they mean by ENERGY when they tell you that extroverts gain energy from social interaction) If you're an EP, I can garantee that you'd want to satisfy that Pe a fair bit .

    I think that you could definitely be an intuitive, I don't have much proof though.


    Yeah, I need to get out a bit.. If there's one thing that remains a consistent complaint is that I feel like I have nothing to do on some days/that I want meet cool people/that this would be better if so and so was here, etc.. "fun" is usually seen through the lens of getting people involved. It doesn't always work out that way (for various reasons), so I've learned to accept more solitary activities. But too much will kick in depression.

    I'm very F (Fi).. I can make many impulsive decisions not driven by logic (say, with spending), I have sympathy and it will override what choice I make with someone... And I cried at the end of Ghost, for crissake. "I love you Molly! I've always always loved you."

    I'll have to think more on whether I'm N or not.

    edit: thx chloe.. i'll read up on the 8. i thought i was a 6w7, but maybe not.

  9. #29
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    this (bolded) sounds more like enneagram 8 or counter phobic 6, than any mbti type.. so i wouldnt confuse it with mbti.

    from all else i'd be sure only of FP part. if you're S you're definately balanced on that part...
    That's an odd combination, Fi & Enneagram 8... It's possible, oh and Kyuuyi is an ENFP 8.

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, I need to get out a bit.. If there's one thing that remains a consistent complaint is that I feel like I have nothing to do on some days/that I want meet cool people/that this would be better if so and so was here, etc.. "fun" is usually seen through the lens of getting people involved. It doesn't always work out that way (for various reasons), so I've learned to accept more solitary activities. But too much will kick in depression.

    I'm very F (Fi).. I can make many impulsive decisions not driven by logic (say, with spending), I have sympathy and it will override what choice I make with someone... And I cried at the end of Ghost, for crissake. "I love you Molly! I've always always loved you."

    I'll have to think more on whether I'm N or not.

    edit: thx chloe.. i'll read up on the 8. i thought i was a 6w7, but maybe not.
    I'd swear I read somewhere that counterphobic 6 is more likely to have a 5 wing... I'm not totally sure about that.
    5 3 9

  10. #30
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    That's an odd combination, Fi & Enneagram 8... It's possible, oh and Kyuuyi is an ENFP 8.
    it's possible to be ESFP and INFP and enneagram 8. and stigmatica (from INTPc) is also ENFP 8 ...

Similar Threads

  1. Try me?
    By Aspie aspiring in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 06:48 PM
  2. Type: Try Me (Part 2)
    By You in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM
  3. Type: Try Me...
    By You in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 01:06 AM
  4. [NT] Would you try to date me?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 404
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
  5. Try to type me, please.
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO