• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In Charity There is No Excess - Help Type Me!!

Applez

Hello all of you kind knowledgable people who somehow manage to retain all the information about the different types in your heads....I have tremendous respect for you all :cheese:

I have taken a number of tests, and have come out with - ESTJ (the most), ISTJ, INTJ, ENTJ and I am very very confused, and I think a personal feedback would help me more, or I hope so anyway! So some details amount me are in order I suppose:

*I'm a student, and a hard working, intelligent and successful one. I do well in Exams, I understand things easily and so on. I don't like to speak much about this, though I am quietly proud about it.
*I am rather up-tight I suppose, or I would be described as so. I don't like nightclubs and the like, they have a tendency to overwhelm me and sometimes leave me depressed. I'd much prefer a quieter atmosphere where we could talk, and have sensible conversation without the drunken antics! I like to be on time, I enjoy the more 'boring' hobbies - reading, politics etc., I am not very spontaneous. If I am going somewhere it'll be planned out with the main events, that said I dont have to jump from one thing to the next, I don't mind wandering around a bit I suppose.
*I enjoy being around people....but Im not very good at it. I'm horribly intolerant of slowness and incompetance, to my detriment, which can make people dislike me. When you get to know me though, my close friends find it more endearing than mean, along with my other quirks. I can be funny but have trouble sometimes in joking public as Im afraid people won't get it etc. I also am not good at speaking to random strangers or relations I don't know well....I feel awkward. That said, I do need and enjoy interaction. I could not go a day without talking to someone through MSN, facebook or in real life without getting bored/depressed. I do not find it easy to open up, even to close friends. I dislike being touched very much, I dont like speaking intimately and I think this may relate to self confidence/image problems I have.
*I am prob more about facts than abstractions. I am good at History and the Sciences, as I find the stream of facts easy to come to. However, I am somewhat visual - I adore beautiful scenary, I notice strong colours, I love some poems and I have no problems picking out the hidden meanings in fiction and can analyse poems and stories well. I suppose I am good at both.
*I am organised, I know what I am doing, and when I will do it. In learning things, I organise them in factual sequences. I learn the defination, list of causes, event synopsis, list of impacts and results in a very this, then that manner.

I don't really know what else to say, but if you have anyother questions I would love to answer them...I'd love being asked even more as I find speaking about my emotions/personal life difficult and enjoy this relative distant chance to talk about myself without feeling too badly about responses (I hope :newwink:).

I find it most difficult deciding whether Im E or I and S or N so scenarios might help?

I defer to your capable minds :)

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
IxTJ by the description, probably an S with a well developed intuitive side.

I don't think i have ever heard of someone coming up with such vastly different results, intp and estj are worlds appart.

Applez

:)

Oh dear....I am sorry, thats should be INTJ, I got J on everything at least, I'll edit.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you actually sound almost exactly like my ESTJ friend, who is a confirmed ESTJ :)

Applez

Thank you for your input, I find it interesting you disagree on the E/I, the one I have difficulty with. Could you give me RL examples of Extroversion and Introversion options maybe, sometimes I cannot penetrate the jung-ness :p

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for a simple test-

say that you're sitting all alone by yourself in your room- do you socialize with people online or do you enjoy delving into your own self?

furthermore, when you have a question about yourself do you read from outside sources and check with your friends or those who know you or do you introspect until you come up with a solution? :huh:

Applez

for a simple test-

say that you're sitting all alone by yourself in your room- do you socialize with people online or do you enjoy delving into your own self?

furthermore, when you have a question about yourself do you read from outside sources and check with your friends or those who know you or do you introspect until you come up with a solution? :huh:

Thank You!

Yes, I think I would sit alone for a while, reading, listening to music etc. and then go online.

To the second, I'd prob introspect till I come up with something and then confirm it with friends

Which seems pretty in between to me :shock:

Thank you for your interest!

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm pretty sure of ISTJ, but if not ISTJ, then I'd go with INTJ next, then ESTJ. ENTJ seems very unlikely from the information that you've given. (You reek of Te, and you seem more internally motivated.)

As far as the E/I thing goes: Do you feel like you have to be some inauthentic form of yourself to get along with other people and your external environment? Is there a "real you" and a "fake you"? Introverts, by and large, answer yes to these questions.

Applez

I'm pretty sure of ISTJ, but if not ISTJ, then I'd go with INTJ next, then ESTJ. ENTJ seems very unlikely from the information that you've given. (You reek of Te, and you seem more internally motivated.)

As far as the E/I thing goes: Do you feel like you have to be some inauthentic form of yourself to get along with other people and your external environment? Is there a "real you" and a "fake you"? Introverts, by and large, answer yes to these questions.

Yes, unless I have the benefit of having met someone before, and know them well I wont be 'me'.

ISTJ then?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clear ESTJ. Why people are saying ISTJ is absolutely beyond me, given this:

*I enjoy being around people....but Im not very good at it. I'm horribly intolerant of slowness and incompetance, to my detriment, which can make people dislike me. When you get to know me though, my close friends find it more endearing than mean, along with my other quirks. I can be funny but have trouble sometimes in joking public as Im afraid people won't get it etc. I also am not good at speaking to random strangers or relations I don't know well....I feel awkward. That said, I do need and enjoy interaction. I could not go a day without talking to someone through MSN, facebook or in real life without getting bored/depressed. I do not find it easy to open up, even to close friends. I dislike being touched very much, I dont like speaking intimately and I think this may relate to self confidence/image problems I have.