User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Reading your friends' blogs, I could have easily written some of that stuff several years ago. Honestly, you should see some of the stuff I wrote while in that phase. Extremely cynical. I think it was my Ti phase in life. And sometimes I'll have similar thoughts even these days if I'm in a bad mood or if I am disppointed with the people or the world around me, and I can't make sense of how I can fit into it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I think ISTJ. Your description really resonated with how I see my ISTJ and ESTJ friends. The being awkward with closeness (could just be a J thing in general)- being attracted to causes. The ESTJ is more attracted to the groups aspect, while the ISTJ can be very passionate about the causes (in her case, the environment). And the refusing to dress girly. My only reservation is that I'm not sure I know many ISTJs that would be that revealing on a blog. Since they are both females, the Te is not always blunt or obvious- it's very tempered by some Fe. With the ESTJ especially, you can tell she's not an F with how she deals with her own emotions: ignoring them/being overwhelmed by them. The ISTJ is more likely to use the sort of sensitive Fe language, but it's more like a tool or a socialized answer than the back and worth-ness of strong Fe.

Of course, any number of your points could be applied to INFx types too. Leaning towards J type though, although her frustration with the world could be a Fi thing.. I'm not really feeling the Fe in the description of her though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

sounds like an INFJ. really strong Ni.

MBTI
    INTJ

INTPs question everything.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    We do?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

LOL!

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I'll refer to this friend I'm trying to type as the INFx, because it seems fairly certain she's either INFP or INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm fairly sure she's not INTP... she's different enough to my friend who I know is that type. Although I do get the impression that their cynicism sort of feeds off each other:

INFx friend was sort of 'encouraged' to open up and be unafraid of being a little cynical by the INTP, who displayed that view quite easily... This was when we all met in high school.

But in the years that have passed, the INTP has almost mellowed to a point where the INFx still wishes to be cynical and sarcastic about the world (and some people around us), and the INTP doesn't really. She shrugs her shoulders and doesn't really get involved.

Does that make sense? I know that just could be indicative of different stages of maturity, but in addition to that, the INTP is in general far too apathetic to be the crusader than the INFx is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's also possible to be an INFP with a more highly developed Ni than typical (if she was in long-term situations where she spent a lot of time alone and was forced to aim inwards rather than outwards).
    Yes, I suspect she was required to be alone a lot - she moved around a lot as a child... I think she lived in three or four different countries up until the age of 15... and when she started at our school she had only one friend that she had met in the two years she'd been at another school in the city. She spent a lot of time reading and such.

However I feel reluctant to label her an INFP... because of my own type... I have a rather low E, and so I'm not too far off an INFP myself. And if she were one, I would expect to feel like we have a lot of similarities in how we think and act. But I don't, really.

So I'm not sure whether this means I'm really not anywhere as near INFP as I think, or if she is in fact an INFJ.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

From what I can tell? Probably some kind of INTx. Doesn't seem very F to me, really... but then I don't know them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    ... the INFx still wishes to be cynical and sarcastic about the world (and some people around us)...
    This sounds more INFJ than INFP.

INFPs have a way of developing a fantasy world around themselves. They talk about all the evil conspiracies in the world, yet they continue living in their little pretend world as if nothing is wrong - while they've scared the daylights out of the rest of us!

INFJs too, know people are evil, and it makes them want to run away and hide. Reality can be overwhelming or depressing.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    From what I can tell? Probably some kind of INTx. Doesn't seem very F to me, really... but then I don't know them.
    This just seems kind of ironic/amusing to me...and I don't mean it in a bad way at all!!..you've just never struck me as terribly F in written form either!!

Arcticangel, I don't know. As I already mentioned, I can definitely relate to your friends thoughts that she posted in her blog, as I've had them. But I also don't know whether ALL INxx's to some degree or other would have them at some point in their lives.

This reminds me of my INFJ friend who at one point dated an INTP (one I know, actually). They were both excellent companions, and they have a lot in common in terms of views/thoughts. But in the words of my INFJ friend, they should never have dated, because they both had similar thoughts, and they both 'brought each other down'. The general cynicism of the INTP caused my friend to spin down into cynicism herself, and she joked that if they'd ever gotten married, they would have both stayed down in the hole. In other words, although in general she's not nearly as cynical as he is, she is PRONE to those thoughts, and if she's around people too much who are in general more negative about things, then she'll kind of fall into it too. I myself am rather similar.

Now I don't know if your friend is INFx or not. I mean, a lot of people here on the boards (including myself) question their OWN type at times!! And then you have the thing where 10 people, given the same description of a person, will come to 5 different conclusions on what type the person is!!

But I certainly wouldn't discredit the F thing, simply because she's not in a warm and fuzzy point in her life. As I've mentioned, myself and a few other INFJ's (and one INFP) I know tend to go through phases in terms of mood/outlook on life. Obviously I'd hate to speak for all INFx's though, because I don't know that others experience the same thing. I just know it's not out of the question with INFx. I myself haven't really 'wished' to stay cynical and sarcastic about the world like you say your friend has, but I will admit it took a good couple of years for me to move from a more cynical viewpoint, to a less cynical one. It doesn't happen magically....it's a lot of internal Ni/Ne/Ti/whatever stuff going on. :-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ