• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh Great. I might be an ENFP. Not an ESFP. Oh Sh*t. Help!

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Okay. I don't know what I am now...

ENFP? ESFP? What's the different between that N & S?

Because I realised that since I believe in astrology, and all that, that my S might not be as solid as it is.

Doesn't seem that much 'sense' to me. (Haha the pun.)

Since the personality is very much the same; happy, helpful, nice, blah. It's just whether or not I'm more real or theories.

I feel like I'm real at times, when crisis heeds my way. I feel like I live in this life.

I feel like I'm theory-like at other times, when I'm talking about astrology, on this typology forum, and stuff like that which interests me.

:shock: I can't tell now. It's worrying me, because I really don't like to get myself typed wrong.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
do you relate better to SP or NF temperament?
I checked out the Idealist and the Artisans.. I feel like I'm both. They both seem to describe me well!

'Artisans are excitable, trust their impulses, want to make a splash, seek stimulation, prize freedom, and dream of mastering action skills.' Yes I agree.

'Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.' Yes I do this too.

I agree with all the points on both sides?

Chloe

I checked out the Idealist and the Artisans.. I feel like I'm both. They both seem to describe me well!

'Artisans are excitable, trust their impulses, want to make a splash, seek stimulation, prize freedom, and dream of mastering action skills.' Yes I agree.

'Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.' Yes I do this too.

I agree with all the points on both sides?

How I understand it; Idealists are focused on meanings etc. so they dont have "time" to live in now like SPs do. Same goes with SPs who are too focused on now, here, sensory, to think about deeper meaning (most of the times).
So you cant be both.
you cant be focused on seeking stimulation AND reading between lines at the same time.
maybe someone will jump in and start informing you about Ne-Se-mumbo jumbo.. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're fifteen. You might not be sure of your type for a few more years. Sorry.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ that, and I don't think you should worry about it one little bit. :)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
How I understand it; Idealists are focused on meanings etc. so they dont have "time" to live in now like SPs do. Same goes with SPs who are too focused on now, here, sensory, to think about deeper meaning (most of the times).
So you cant be both.
you cant be focused on seeking stimulation AND reading between lines at the same time.
maybe someone will jump in and start informing you about Ne-Se-mumbo jumbo.. :)

Sure you can.. It's called having balance(it's supposed to be the purpose of this whole system) .. I can have my head in the clouds and feet on the ground at the time.. I can be seeking stimulation while reading between the lines the whole time..

Ming!!! don't let them tell you you can be sensitive and deep if you are a sensor..It's simply not true.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sure you can.. It's called having balance(it's supposed to be the purpose of this whole system) .. I can have my head in the clouds and feet on the ground at the time.. I can be seeking stimulation while reading between the lines the whole time..

Ming!!! don't let them tell you you can be sensitive and deep if you are a sensor..It's simply not true.

As far as I know, balance means that you know which trait to use when. Doesn't rule out using both. Concious thought tends to be fairly slow really, I don't think it could easily muster both living in the moment and thinking deeply about meanings at the same time.

I reckon you're an ENFP though Ming. Just an almost random guess...

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
As far as I know, balance means that you know which trait to use when. Doesn't rule out using both. Concious thought tends to be fairly slow really, I don't think it could easily muster both living in the moment and thinking deeply about meanings at the same time.

I reckon you're an ENFP though Ming. Just an almost random guess...
Hmm I don't know. I feel like I'm living in the now! But at the same time, I have my deep and dark theories and thoughts.

I'm realistic when the situation strikes me, and I do it in order (Hence why I might even be a J..); and I do use my senses. Yet when I'm idle, I just think about a lot of stuff. And think about the human mind, how the world works, the meaning of life. Yet when I'm outside, with friends and all that, it's about experience and what is there. So It's hard for me to distinguish between these two aspects.

I believe that you can be both. Why not? People change all the time. When I was younger, I didn't have this personality. I wasn't 'thinking' and 'aware' of the things around me at all. That's why I don't like to constrict myself to a certain type (That's why I'm a P.). Though sometimes it's easier to define yourself as this when you have a certain category you fall into.

Which is strange, because I usually pride myself for being different and away from the crowd. Or standing out.

But I realise that if there's no order, then there's no 'justice', or thing that cuts your head off when you've done something wrong. I know sometimes that it's easier if you define yourself to a type.. based my experience anyways.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm I don't know. I feel like I'm living in the now! But at the same time, I have my deep and dark theories and thoughts.

I'm realistic when the situation strikes me, and I do it in order (Hence why I might even be a J..); and I do use my senses. Yet when I'm idle, I just think about a lot of stuff. And think about the human mind, how the world works, the meaning of life. Yet when I'm outside, with friends and all that, it's about experience and what is there. So It's hard for me to distinguish between these two aspects.

I believe that you can be both. Why not? People change all the time. When I was younger, I didn't have this personality. I wasn't 'thinking' and 'aware' of the things around me at all. That's why I don't like to constrict myself to a certain type (That's why I'm a P.). Though sometimes it's easier to define yourself as this when you have a certain category you fall into.

Which is strange, because I usually pride myself for being different and away from the crowd. Or standing out.

But I realise that if there's no order, then there's no 'justice', or thing that cuts your head off when you've done something wrong. I know sometimes that it's easier if you define yourself to a type.. based my experience anyways.

:) I think I was right about ENFP. It's that introspective thought that makes me think so. I might querry around a bit, but I think that's what makes you an intuitive. Dare I say, but the act of being on this forum hints that you might be an intuitive...

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
:) I think I was right about ENFP. It's that introspective thought that makes me think so. I might querry around a bit, but I think that's what makes you an intuitive. Dare I say, but the act of being on this forum hints that you might be an intuitive...
Really? Is that why there are so little S's?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? Is that why there are so little S's?

well, most of the sensors I know don't tend to participate in that kind of thought willingly, you have to provoke them. I can't be sure, I'm just speculating. :yes:

Forums aren't really concrete either, I almost see them as completely detached from the real world.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
well, most of the sensors I know don't tend to participate in that kind of thought willingly, you have to provoke them. I can't be sure, I'm just speculating. :yes:

Forums aren't really concrete either, I almost see them as completely detached from the real world.
However the physiology fits me? As in S-wise...

When I see a photograph, and there's a person in it; I tend to see the person and the background fades out. Does that describe sense/intuition in a way?

I feel like more of an N, the more I investigate into it.. For example, that I like psychology, sociology, literature.. those are very N-based subjects. S is more practical.

Okay, I think I might be an N...Hmm...Should I just leave it as an 'X'?

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Here's a little one question ENFP test, Ming (please note other posters, this is purely for Ming)

What if I suggested that you were in fact an absolutely typical ENFP, hardly distinguishable from all the others, essentially someone who fits right into their mindset and is likely to say and do pretty much the same things in any given situation. How would that make you feel?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ignore S v N, look at Se v Ne they're quite different.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I see a photograph, and there's a person in it; I tend to see the person and the background fades out. Does that describe sense/intuition in a way?
Everyone, or almost everyone does this, I think. I vaguely recall seeing a study on it, actually. Something about babies' eyes being drawn to "people shapes" or something.
I feel like more of an N, the more I investigate into it.. For example, that I like psychology, sociology, literature.. those are very N-based subjects. S is more practical.
Maybe in theory, but in practice many of the Ss here like those subjects, especially psychology, which is why they're here.

It doesn't really matter either way. Discover yourself by figuring out what you enjoy doing and what you're a natural at, without worrying about type. There's no reason why you need to fit firmly in N or S when both have value to draw from, and most careers will have you using both, though to varying degrees.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yes, it's fine to leave it for now if you aren't sure. Plenty of people change their minds about their types after spending some time here, and some seem to be chronically unsure of their type, or don't care. There's really no need for the panicked tone in the thread title. :)

In the meantime, you might also read up on extraverted sensation (dominant function of ESFPs) and extraverted intuition (dominant function of ENFPs), and see if there's one that you relate to particularly well. You can also pay attention to ENFPs' posts, and see how well you relate to their thought processes, etc. It would be hard to do the same with ESFPs though, since there are so few of them here.

Since you are so young though, it might help more to think of what you were like growing up. Here are some links to information about ENxP and ESxP children:

Portrait of an ENP Child

Portrait of an ESP Child

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Here's a little one question ENFP test, Ming (please note other posters, this is purely for Ming)

What if I suggested that you were in fact an absolutely typical ENFP, hardly distinguishable from all the others, essentially someone who fits right into their mindset and is likely to say and do pretty much the same things in any given situation. How would that make you feel?
I would feel too restricted in one sense. If someone was too say that, it'll feel like I have to fill into a 'mould' to be a certain person.

My P wouldn't agree with it! But at the same time I'd like to settle down into one type, and get deep into who I am. I'd like to experience what is to be strictly one thing.