First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    As far as I know, balance means that you know which trait to use when. Doesn't rule out using both. Concious thought tends to be fairly slow really, I don't think it could easily muster both living in the moment and thinking deeply about meanings at the same time.

I reckon you're an ENFP though Ming. Just an almost random guess...
    Hmm I don't know. I feel like I'm living in the now! But at the same time, I have my deep and dark theories and thoughts.

I'm realistic when the situation strikes me, and I do it in order (Hence why I might even be a J..); and I do use my senses. Yet when I'm idle, I just think about a lot of stuff. And think about the human mind, how the world works, the meaning of life. Yet when I'm outside, with friends and all that, it's about experience and what is there. So It's hard for me to distinguish between these two aspects.

I believe that you can be both. Why not? People change all the time. When I was younger, I didn't have this personality. I wasn't 'thinking' and 'aware' of the things around me at all. That's why I don't like to constrict myself to a certain type (That's why I'm a P.). Though sometimes it's easier to define yourself as this when you have a certain category you fall into.

Which is strange, because I usually pride myself for being different and away from the crowd. Or standing out.

But I realise that if there's no order, then there's no 'justice', or thing that cuts your head off when you've done something wrong. I know sometimes that it's easier if you define yourself to a type.. based my experience anyways.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Hmm I don't know. I feel like I'm living in the now! But at the same time, I have my deep and dark theories and thoughts.

I'm realistic when the situation strikes me, and I do it in order (Hence why I might even be a J..); and I do use my senses. Yet when I'm idle, I just think about a lot of stuff. And think about the human mind, how the world works, the meaning of life. Yet when I'm outside, with friends and all that, it's about experience and what is there. So It's hard for me to distinguish between these two aspects.

I believe that you can be both. Why not? People change all the time. When I was younger, I didn't have this personality. I wasn't 'thinking' and 'aware' of the things around me at all. That's why I don't like to constrict myself to a certain type (That's why I'm a P.). Though sometimes it's easier to define yourself as this when you have a certain category you fall into.

Which is strange, because I usually pride myself for being different and away from the crowd. Or standing out.

But I realise that if there's no order, then there's no 'justice', or thing that cuts your head off when you've done something wrong. I know sometimes that it's easier if you define yourself to a type.. based my experience anyways.
    I think I was right about ENFP. It's that introspective thought that makes me think so. I might querry around a bit, but I think that's what makes you an intuitive. Dare I say, but the act of being on this forum hints that you might be an intuitive...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I think I was right about ENFP. It's that introspective thought that makes me think so. I might querry around a bit, but I think that's what makes you an intuitive. Dare I say, but the act of being on this forum hints that you might be an intuitive...
    Really? Is that why there are so little S's?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Really? Is that why there are so little S's?
    well, most of the sensors I know don't tend to participate in that kind of thought willingly, you have to provoke them. I can't be sure, I'm just speculating.

Forums aren't really concrete either, I almost see them as completely detached from the real world.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

well, most of the sensors I know don't tend to participate in that kind of thought willingly, you have to provoke them. I can't be sure, I'm just speculating.

Forums aren't really concrete either, I almost see them as completely detached from the real world.
    However the physiology fits me? As in S-wise...

When I see a photograph, and there's a person in it; I tend to see the person and the background fades out. Does that describe sense/intuition in a way?

I feel like more of an N, the more I investigate into it.. For example, that I like psychology, sociology, literature.. those are very N-based subjects. S is more practical.

Okay, I think I might be an N...Hmm...Should I just leave it as an 'X'?

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Here's a little one question ENFP test, Ming (please note other posters, this is purely for Ming)

What if I suggested that you were in fact an absolutely typical ENFP, hardly distinguishable from all the others, essentially someone who fits right into their mindset and is likely to say and do pretty much the same things in any given situation. How would that make you feel?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Ignore S v N, look at Se v Ne they're quite different.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

When I see a photograph, and there's a person in it; I tend to see the person and the background fades out. Does that describe sense/intuition in a way?
    Everyone, or almost everyone does this, I think. I vaguely recall seeing a study on it, actually. Something about babies' eyes being drawn to "people shapes" or something.
    I feel like more of an N, the more I investigate into it.. For example, that I like psychology, sociology, literature.. those are very N-based subjects. S is more practical.
    Maybe in theory, but in practice many of the Ss here like those subjects, especially psychology, which is why they're here.

It doesn't really matter either way. Discover yourself by figuring out what you enjoy doing and what you're a natural at, without worrying about type. There's no reason why you need to fit firmly in N or S when both have value to draw from, and most careers will have you using both, though to varying degrees.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yes, it's fine to leave it for now if you aren't sure. Plenty of people change their minds about their types after spending some time here, and some seem to be chronically unsure of their type, or don't care. There's really no need for the panicked tone in the thread title.

In the meantime, you might also read up on extraverted sensation (dominant function of ESFPs) and extraverted intuition (dominant function of ENFPs), and see if there's one that you relate to particularly well. You can also pay attention to ENFPs' posts, and see how well you relate to their thought processes, etc. It would be hard to do the same with ESFPs though, since there are so few of them here.

Since you are so young though, it might help more to think of what you were like growing up. Here are some links to information about ENxP and ESxP children:

Portrait of an ENP Child

Portrait of an ESP Child

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Here's a little one question ENFP test, Ming (please note other posters, this is purely for Ming)

What if I suggested that you were in fact an absolutely typical ENFP, hardly distinguishable from all the others, essentially someone who fits right into their mindset and is likely to say and do pretty much the same things in any given situation. How would that make you feel?
    I would feel too restricted in one sense. If someone was too say that, it'll feel like I have to fill into a 'mould' to be a certain person.

My P wouldn't agree with it! But at the same time I'd like to settle down into one type, and get deep into who I am. I'd like to experience what is to be strictly one thing.