• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me - confusion aahh

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Need help typing myself. I've already taken at least about 5 different tests and came out as ENFP every time but I'm doubting myself since MBTI is a Self-Reporting test. I'm a rookie at this mostly. Soo I was wondering if you guys out there with more experience than a rookie such as I could help type me :newwink:

Mainly confused about S/N

So what does it mean to be an S or N? How many possibilities are we talking about with Ns? How far into the future? Are Ss usually more observant? Ns more 'not exactly concentrating on what's happening' sort of thing? Help please? :doh:

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
In my experience, ENFPs and ESFPs aren't really that similar, take a look at these descriptions: ENFP Profile / ESFP Profile and see which you think suits you. Might be worth watching some videos of the famous examples they list too, to really get a feel for the type.

Its weird, most of the people I've seen unsure about there type lately have been swinging between ENFP and ESFP...

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thanks for replying. Just read the two and both seem somewhat relatable.
But unfortunately, I just can't decide which I am more.. very indecisive. Is that an 'N' thing? or a 'P'? Also don't know if I'm J or P- I guess this is just about typing overall. I'm not sure about most things.

I don't know if these help typing as a whole (Note, this is very long :smile:) :

-Say first, then think and reflect on what I've said. 'Darn, that was so cheesy and stupid. Shouldn't have said that'.
-Debate myself a lot, and also find talking to myself happens quite often.
-Start giggling (at times) when looking at friends-they might look funny or something was conjured up inside my head relating to them in some way I find funny.
-Don't have the very creative, imaginary side that N's might supposedly have. Suck at drawing, telling stories and making up jokes.
-Not good at improvising.. often it ends up being quite cheesy to some degree.
-Am not funny most of the time-if I tell funny jokes or stories, you could bet it was from something else.
-Am not too 'touchy-feely' in the way that I don't initiate hugs, but accept them openly (well, at least from friends anyway) and generally like hugging people.
-Often find opinions from other people seem to make me confuse myself into changing my original thoughts. Whether they be online or in real life.
-I suck at public speaking. During debates I always stutter during rebuttal and have trouble improvising and putting together words.
-Like schedules but don't mind 'going with the flow' at times. Always get distracted from work and never go along with schedules. Play first and work/mix later.
-Generally don't want to catch much attention, although I would like to contribute as much to a conversation as possible without getting too much for people.
-Don't like walking away from conflicts until matters are settled and people understand. - Unless this is not possible because a lot of people may seem stupid/ignorant/arrogant.
-Am generally sort of 'annoyed'(?) with strangers and want them to talk more to see what they are like, although usually I probably do most of the talking.
-I don't wave to random people. o_O

:D Yeah I know, sorry for spilling my life story onto this thread. :D

:devil:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi, I hope I can help you with the N v S problem you're having: Two scenarios to begin with, and others might be able to add more :

Scenario 1:
When you are telling a story, do you find you have trouble because:

(S) You get too caught up in describing every little detail in the story, which others may call trivial, and the final point of the story becomes lost in a sea of other data.
(N) You miss out points which are fairly vital for those who weren't actually there, jumping somewhat randomly through the story, and finding that though the jumps made perfect sense to you, some others may not make the connections as easily.

Scenario 2:
When you look at an object (Let's say a car for example, and sorry if these following examples seem a little extreme) Do you notice mostly:
(S) The exquisite colour and texture of the leather, that 'new car' scent, the shimmer of the glossy paintwork, and in innerworkings of the engine.
(N) 'Wow, this is a fantastic car, but maybe if i make a few tweaks here and there, and install a Flux Capacitor, this could be a time machine!'

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I have a few ESFP friends and we really arent much alike

I do love them

but honestly I see more of myself in ENTP or ISFP.

ESFPs are wonderful, generally as a type, but I find myself wishing they were a bit deeper, less detail and fact oriented

leading with Se is so different because ENFPS dont have Se, we have Si AND its our inferior.

I don't know, but I feel like ESFPs are much more grounded in the sense that they enjoy the moment for the moment

and I'm off in lala land.

do you feel more connected with the physical moment or you perceptions and ideas?

Thinkerninja

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
thanks for this. I do know without a doubt fit more convincingly into an ENFP role rather than ESFP! I don't tend to take notice of details and often I focus whats on my head, rather than whats actually happening. :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-I don't wave to random people. o_O

:hi: I sometimes do :doh:

Scenario 1:
When you are telling a story, do you find you have trouble because:

(S) You get too caught up in describing every little detail in the story, which others may call trivial, and the final point of the story becomes lost in a sea of other data.
(N) You miss out points which are fairly vital for those who weren't actually there, jumping somewhat randomly through the story, and finding that though the jumps made perfect sense to you, some others may not make the connections as easily.

intuitives often get caught up in stories because of the first point, probably because they can't easily tell which points are the most important. I know for sure that I have tried to include too much detail when talking.

I think that the divide between S/N isn't the lack of details etc. it's the style of details absorbed. eg. Intuitive: looks at car and notices that it's style isn't like other cars. More abstract ideas.
Sensor: looks at car and notices the driver isn't wearing a shirt. -> did you see that guy? wtf!?

thanks for this. I do know without a doubt fit more convincingly into an ENFP role rather than ESFP! I don't tend to take notice of details and often I focus whats on my head, rather than whats actually happening. :D

thought so, I doubt that a thinkerninja could be an ESFP... you'd think they'd be more of a doerninja

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes, when I f%^& up a story it's because I get excited about how it ends and forget half of the middle... or something reminds me of another story so I end up derailing and telling that, and then wondering at what point I left off in the other story :doh:

also, the ESFPs I know are far more likely to notice a new car... celebrate it for a bit and then mostly comment on the radio, how comfortable the seats are and that it smells new :doh:

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Aw thanks for those corrections, I was aiming at N distractability but missed it, you guys put it much better...Good luck with the type ThinkerNinja :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sensors think too :sadbanana:

seriously, the input in threads like this can get seriously onesided at times :(

gromit

likes this

seriously, the input in threads like this can get seriously onesided at times :(

Ha ha ha... aww :hug:

If it makes you feel better, this kind of thread makes me wonder if I'm not an S. I just posted that because doerninja seems a little redundant.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: very true... what's the point of a ninja who just sits around all day? :shock:

I'm half considering making a thread on the real differences between S and N because so many people here have a very distorted view of what it is (Ns are smart and creative, Ss like to lick everything and break rocks! :holy:)....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not an N..... :ninja:

Didn't you once say that you were borderline-Ne and just liked S better?

Yes, Sensors think too, but they (stronger Sensors in particular) tend not to have much in the way of an imagination. I have an ESTP friend who's smarter than me, but he lacks any creativity whatsoever. He makes up for it by shamelessly ripping off other people's work and making his plagiarism look convincing. :tongue:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
making it look convincing takes creative skill as well... there's a lack of definition of what exactly is creative :devil:

And I'm borderline, but one is somewhat more comfortable to use than the other (I LOVE the way that grass feels on my toes, and there's no way that I'll argue in person without using props :blush:)... Ne is fun, but doesn't bring me the same simple pleasure... anyways, my real creativity involves the synthesis of Ti and Fe in social interaction- playing machiavellian social games is MUCH more interesting than writing a story or painting :cool:

<-- dropped out of creative writing and considers finger painting high art :cheese:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anyways, my real creativity involves the synthesis of Ti and Fe in social interaction- playing machiavellian social games is MUCH more interesting than writing a story or painting :cool:
That's Ne + Ti, and classic ENTP fare. ;)