• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure if I'm INFJ or INTJ

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Hello there!

I wonder if I am INFJ or INTJ. I know these two personality types are very much alike, and therefore I have problems knowing in which group I belong.

I read this, and felt like it was a description of me when studying and working. INTJ Information

I love science and I am planning to become a vet. I am highly structured. I am complex, and sometimes I don't even understand myself. The feeling of seeing things most people don't see make me feel deeply lonely.

There is a few things, though, that make me disbelieve in the fact that I'm INTJ. I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased. I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit.
Also, when someone has problems, I like to listen to them and give advice.

When I make judgments, I always include both feelings and thinking. I try to find the golden middle that works for both feelings and reason.

Any questions, opinions or ideas of "what" I am? Thanks. :)

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
There is a few things, though, that make me disbelieve in the fact that I'm INTJ. I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased. I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit.
Also, when someone has problems, I like to listen to them and give advice.

This does sound like it's leaning towards INFJ, but I think it could be INTJ as well if you have really high Fi. I have an INTJ friend with strong Fi and she is somewhat similar to this (she also dislikes conflicts and is very in tune with others' needs in general).

Have you looked into the cognitive functions at all? INFJs use Fe and Ti, while INTJs use Te and Fi. Figuring out which of those function pairs you relate to most might help you figure out whether you are T or F.

Whichever type you are, you sound very balanced, which is awesome! :)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
This does sound like it's leaning towards INFJ, but I think it could be INTJ as well if you have really high Fi. I have an INTJ friend with strong Fi and she is somewhat similar to this (she also dislikes conflicts and is very in tune with others' needs in general).

Have you looked into the cognitive functions at all? INFJs use Fe and Ti, while INTJs use Te and Fi. Figuring out which of those function pairs you relate to most might help you figure out whether you are T or F.

Whichever type you are, you sound very balanced, which is awesome! :)

First - Thank you for the last sentence of yours. :)

I haven't looked much into it yet, it hasn't been a long time since I started reading about these personality types. Now that I know about it, I find it quite interesting. :)
I am going to read a little bit about those cognitive functions.

And oh, I think it's worth mentioning that when I took the test again today to check it over, I got INTJ, but I only got 12% strength on my T preferences. Maybe that's the reason I am almost in the borderline of the two personality types?

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
just curious, but do you relate to this much:

9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

...Based on statistics/probablity, You're an INFJ :)

I read it. I am definitely not a peacemaker. I might seem like it when you meet me for the first time, but that's only because I can be slightly shy. I am made of opposites. I hate conflicts, but I love to discuss and I am not afraid at all to say what I mean or to disagree - It's a part of developing my own opinion. I am annoyed if someone avoid arguments.
I just can't walk away from someone with something unsaid. I don't want to hurt anyone, but still I am easily annoyed by others. I have some conflicts between inner and outer life, you could say.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read it. I am definitely not a peacemaker. I might seem like it when you meet me for the first time, but that's only because I can be slightly shy. I am made of opposites. I hate conflicts, but I love to discuss and I am not afraid at all to say what I mean or to disagree - It's a part of developing my own opinion. I am annoyed if someone avoid arguments.
I just can't walk away from someone with something unsaid. I don't want to hurt anyone, but still I am easily annoyed by others. I have some conflicts between inner and outer life, you could say.

:thinking: well, I'm still gonna consider that you're a 9.

Your MBTI on the other hand, has me stumped. Could probably use some more info.

Odd question, on the inside, do you feel more:
1) :wubbie:
2) :nerd:

:laugh: I know, MBTI isn't entirely like that, but I'm curious ;)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
:thinking: well, I'm still gonna consider that you're a 9.

Your MBTI on the other hand, has me stumped. Could probably use some more info.

Odd question, on the inside, do you feel more:
1) :wubbie:
2) :nerd:

:laugh: I know, MBTI isn't entirely like that, but I'm curious ;)

Ok. You probably know better than me.

Just ask if you want more information. Because I'm not experienced with this, I'm not sure exactly what kind of info you need.

I feel more :nerd: at school and while working with tasks and more :wubbie: at home. It is like I have both sides (Well, I guess most people have both, more or less). It is hard for me to decide if I feel more like one or another. It depends on my mood and what's taking my time. I love both being nerd and romantic.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok. You probably know better than me.

Just ask if you want more information. Because I'm not experienced with this, I'm not sure exactly what kind of info you need.

I feel more :nerd: at school and while working with tasks and more :wubbie: at home. It is like I have both sides (Well, I guess most people have both, more or less). It is hard for me to decide if I feel more like one or another. It depends on my mood and what's taking my time. I love both being nerd and romantic.

I like the :wubbie: feeling, but something makes me rather the :nerd: one more. :laugh: and you're right, people generally have both, but MBTI is about preference. If you could only have one, which would you choose?

^intuitive much? hahah

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I like the :wubbie: feeling, but something makes me rather the :nerd: one more. :laugh: and you're right, people generally have both, but MBTI is about preference. If you could only have one, which would you choose?

^intuitive much? hahah

Hm.. I think I would choose the :nerd: one, but how can I say for sure when I haven't really felt the :wubbie: one? Maybe there's a reason I haven't. I don't care for summer romances or short relationships. I don't see the reason to be with someone if I can't see us together the rest of our lives.
I have a feeling I revealed it now. :p

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm.. I think I would choose the :nerd: one, but how can I say for sure when I haven't really felt the :wubbie: one? Maybe there's a reason I haven't. I don't care for summer romances or short relationships. I don't see the reason to be with someone if I can't see us together the rest of our lives.
I have a feeling I revealed it now. :p

Funny that, this was apparantly the Thinkers answer when Tinkerbell Surveyed everyone. Not sure about the credibility of that survey (typoc may have biased it by already knowing which side they fall on). It's still hard to tell. Usually when it comes to identifying the lower priority functions it's a little difficult unless you really really know yourself. Must be kind of frustrating for you :laugh:

But from that, I'd guess that you're a Thinker, following reason rather than feeling. That's just what thinkers do, weigh up the pros and cons and try to approach everything from a rational point of view. If you can relate to that it might be what you are. If you want to be certain, keep gathering more info about yourself :cheers:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're INTJ, because statistically you're more likely to be hit by lightning than you are to be an INFJ. :tongue:

In all seriousness though, you sound like an INFJ.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
You're INTJ, because statistically you're more likely to be hit by lightning than you are to be an INFJ. :tongue:

In all seriousness though, you sound like an INFJ.

I know there are very few INFJs out there, and I guess that's a big reason for why I feel "related" to them. I have never met someone whom I think understands the way of thinking I do.

(I have to laugh about myself - Because I know how much energy INFJs and maybe also INTJs use to distance themselves from other human beings and it is veeery me :tongue:)

At the same time I am very much of a thinker. If I am an INTJ I have a strongly developed Fe (Fi?), and if I am an INFJ my Ti (Te?) is highly developed. I have to admit I almost say to myself "Ok, you're both". :tongue:

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Just let me know if the enneagram-stuff shouldn't be in this thread.. :)

I just took a test on Enneagram. I got type 5 as my main type. I read a little bit about it, and I thought it made a lot of sense. I NEED knowledge. I NEED to understand. I laughed when i read "A day without learning is like a day without `sunshine´"

This is what i got..
type score type behavior motivation
5 17 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
1 16 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
8 16 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
6 14 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
4 12 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
7 11 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
3 10 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
9 8 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 50%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 34%

spsosx.gif

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, enneagram 5s are most often IxTx types (I'm 5 myself), so if you relate to the type 5 description that would suggest T.

Just to add a little more confusion though ;) are you sure you're one of these two? When I first started learning about MBTI, I'd usually score as an INTJ or INFJ. Neither description really seemed to fit, and I eventually decided I was neither.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Well, enneagram 5s are most often IxTx types (I'm 5 myself), so if you relate to the type 5 description that would suggest T.

Just to add a little more confusion though ;) are you sure you're one of these two? When I first started learning about MBTI, I'd usually score as an INTJ or INFJ. Neither description really seemed to fit, and I eventually decided I was neither.

I think now that I am an INTJ with a strong Fi.

I am pretty sure I am one of the two. The thing is - I feel that I fit very well to the descriptions of both INFJ and INTJ. Not the most extreme cases of any, it is like I am in the middle of the two.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Eh, maybe you are INTJ then. I think descriptions can get rather stereotypical when it comes to the T/F distinction, and female Ts can incorporate more feeling traits than males because of social expectations.

Of course, feel free to change your mind after you learn more.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, try this. Let you = INFJ. From there, work on that model and add evidence and anti-evidence against it.

(pssst, YOU ARE AN INFJ!!)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're definitely INFJ. So much Fe.

:)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Oh, I didn't see this thread in a while. Wasn't aware of that you'd answered. :)

So, you think I'm INFJ, huh? After I visited this thread last time I've kind of relaxed on being INTJ. I think my mum is INFJ (she took the test and read descriptions), and sometimes I really can't stand her Fness.

I also tend not to let my feelings shine too much through in decisionmaking, and I tend to sort information in small boxes in my brain.

If I'm still INFJ, let me know. ;)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I didn't see this thread in a while. Wasn't aware of that you'd answered. :)

So, you think I'm INFJ, huh? After I visited this thread last time I've kind of relaxed on being INTJ. I think my mum is INFJ (she took the test and read descriptions), and sometimes I really can't stand her Fness.

I also tend not to let my feelings shine too much through in decisionmaking, and I tend to sort information in small boxes in my brain.

If I'm still INFJ, let me know. ;)

Nothing you just said rules out INFJ.

Re. comparing yourself to other INFJ's, I don't think it's a good approach. There's basically a spectrum for each of the dichotomies, and I tend to think the same of cog. functions as well. Meaning: Some INFJ's will seem far more 'F' than others, others more 'T', some more 'I', others more 'E'... etc. I know 3 or 4 INFJ's in real life and there's one that's WAAAAAYYYY more emotionally expressive than I -- I'm pretty positive if we were side-by-side we wouldn't be typed the same. Her expressiveness totally exhausts me at times. There's another that seems a bit closer to the 'S' side of things, but I believe she is still INFJ and she tests as such.

Edit: Oh, and your other posts don't really read INTJ at all...many of the things you wrote were very F/Fe.