User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 83

  1. #1
    Member Amalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    66

    Default Not sure if I'm INFJ or INTJ

    Hello there!

    I wonder if I am INFJ or INTJ. I know these two personality types are very much alike, and therefore I have problems knowing in which group I belong.

    I read this, and felt like it was a description of me when studying and working. INTJ Information

    I love science and I am planning to become a vet. I am highly structured. I am complex, and sometimes I don't even understand myself. The feeling of seeing things most people don't see make me feel deeply lonely.

    There is a few things, though, that make me disbelieve in the fact that I'm INTJ. I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased. I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit.
    Also, when someone has problems, I like to listen to them and give advice.

    When I make judgments, I always include both feelings and thinking. I try to find the golden middle that works for both feelings and reason.

    Any questions, opinions or ideas of "what" I am? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    There is a few things, though, that make me disbelieve in the fact that I'm INTJ. I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased. I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit.
    Also, when someone has problems, I like to listen to them and give advice.
    This does sound like it's leaning towards INFJ, but I think it could be INTJ as well if you have really high Fi. I have an INTJ friend with strong Fi and she is somewhat similar to this (she also dislikes conflicts and is very in tune with others' needs in general).

    Have you looked into the cognitive functions at all? INFJs use Fe and Ti, while INTJs use Te and Fi. Figuring out which of those function pairs you relate to most might help you figure out whether you are T or F.

    Whichever type you are, you sound very balanced, which is awesome!

  3. #3
    Member Amalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    This does sound like it's leaning towards INFJ, but I think it could be INTJ as well if you have really high Fi. I have an INTJ friend with strong Fi and she is somewhat similar to this (she also dislikes conflicts and is very in tune with others' needs in general).

    Have you looked into the cognitive functions at all? INFJs use Fe and Ti, while INTJs use Te and Fi. Figuring out which of those function pairs you relate to most might help you figure out whether you are T or F.

    Whichever type you are, you sound very balanced, which is awesome!
    First - Thank you for the last sentence of yours.

    I haven't looked much into it yet, it hasn't been a long time since I started reading about these personality types. Now that I know about it, I find it quite interesting.
    I am going to read a little bit about those cognitive functions.

    And oh, I think it's worth mentioning that when I took the test again today to check it over, I got INTJ, but I only got 12% strength on my T preferences. Maybe that's the reason I am almost in the borderline of the two personality types?

  4. #4
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    just curious, but do you relate to this much:

    9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

    ...Based on statistics/probablity, You're an INFJ
    5 3 9

  5. #5
    Member Amalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    just curious, but do you relate to this much:

    9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

    ...Based on statistics/probablity, You're an INFJ
    I read it. I am definitely not a peacemaker. I might seem like it when you meet me for the first time, but that's only because I can be slightly shy. I am made of opposites. I hate conflicts, but I love to discuss and I am not afraid at all to say what I mean or to disagree - It's a part of developing my own opinion. I am annoyed if someone avoid arguments.
    I just can't walk away from someone with something unsaid. I don't want to hurt anyone, but still I am easily annoyed by others. I have some conflicts between inner and outer life, you could say.

  6. #6
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    I read it. I am definitely not a peacemaker. I might seem like it when you meet me for the first time, but that's only because I can be slightly shy. I am made of opposites. I hate conflicts, but I love to discuss and I am not afraid at all to say what I mean or to disagree - It's a part of developing my own opinion. I am annoyed if someone avoid arguments.
    I just can't walk away from someone with something unsaid. I don't want to hurt anyone, but still I am easily annoyed by others. I have some conflicts between inner and outer life, you could say.
    well, I'm still gonna consider that you're a 9.

    Your MBTI on the other hand, has me stumped. Could probably use some more info.

    Odd question, on the inside, do you feel more:
    1)
    2)

    I know, MBTI isn't entirely like that, but I'm curious
    5 3 9

  7. #7
    Member Amalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    well, I'm still gonna consider that you're a 9.

    Your MBTI on the other hand, has me stumped. Could probably use some more info.

    Odd question, on the inside, do you feel more:
    1)
    2)

    I know, MBTI isn't entirely like that, but I'm curious
    Ok. You probably know better than me.

    Just ask if you want more information. Because I'm not experienced with this, I'm not sure exactly what kind of info you need.

    I feel more at school and while working with tasks and more at home. It is like I have both sides (Well, I guess most people have both, more or less). It is hard for me to decide if I feel more like one or another. It depends on my mood and what's taking my time. I love both being nerd and romantic.

  8. #8
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    Ok. You probably know better than me.

    Just ask if you want more information. Because I'm not experienced with this, I'm not sure exactly what kind of info you need.

    I feel more at school and while working with tasks and more at home. It is like I have both sides (Well, I guess most people have both, more or less). It is hard for me to decide if I feel more like one or another. It depends on my mood and what's taking my time. I love both being nerd and romantic.
    I like the feeling, but something makes me rather the one more. and you're right, people generally have both, but MBTI is about preference. If you could only have one, which would you choose?

    ^intuitive much? hahah
    5 3 9

  9. #9
    Member Amalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I like the feeling, but something makes me rather the one more. and you're right, people generally have both, but MBTI is about preference. If you could only have one, which would you choose?

    ^intuitive much? hahah
    Hm.. I think I would choose the one, but how can I say for sure when I haven't really felt the one? Maybe there's a reason I haven't. I don't care for summer romances or short relationships. I don't see the reason to be with someone if I can't see us together the rest of our lives.
    I have a feeling I revealed it now. :P

  10. #10
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    Hm.. I think I would choose the one, but how can I say for sure when I haven't really felt the one? Maybe there's a reason I haven't. I don't care for summer romances or short relationships. I don't see the reason to be with someone if I can't see us together the rest of our lives.
    I have a feeling I revealed it now. :P
    Funny that, this was apparantly the Thinkers answer when Tinkerbell Surveyed everyone. Not sure about the credibility of that survey (typoc may have biased it by already knowing which side they fall on). It's still hard to tell. Usually when it comes to identifying the lower priority functions it's a little difficult unless you really really know yourself. Must be kind of frustrating for you

    But from that, I'd guess that you're a Thinker, following reason rather than feeling. That's just what thinkers do, weigh up the pros and cons and try to approach everything from a rational point of view. If you can relate to that it might be what you are. If you want to be certain, keep gathering more info about yourself
    5 3 9

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Another Confused Soul: Not Sure if ENTP or INTP
    By neon user in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2015, 09:20 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 01:48 PM
  3. Can someone help? I'm not sure if I'm a 4, 7, 9 or other?
    By lunareclipze in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 07:54 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM
  5. Quite sure I'm INxJ... Now wondering if it's INFJ or INTJ?
    By paperoceans in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 11:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO