• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure if I'm INFJ or INTJ

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Can relate to this. In professional situations, I'm more of an INTJ. In personal situations, definitely an INFJ.

I can 'detect' the feelings of other people quite clearly in both situations (damn you, Ni and Fe) but in professional situations my mind takes control and do what's best and what's rational. Also, I really dislike showing my feelings in those situations. That's why if anyone would test me then, they'd say I'm an INTJ.

In personal situations, I live my life by emotions, and am definitely an INFJ.

I think if you would draw a graph, I would have a very large spread in the F/T spectrum, with the average slightly more in the F zone.

All that you have written in the first post ^^ could have been written by me. I, too, would feel bad if someone didn't like the food in the restaurant I took them to. Hell, I'd feel bad if the people at the neighbouring table wouldn't like their food... :jew:

P

Phantonym

I took this test (http://www.greenlightwiki.com/lenore/inventory.html) and got this result:

INTJ
E 3 I 11
S 6 N 8
T 13 F 1
P 4 J 10

Hey, I just took this test a few days ago and got ISTJ, I took it again this morning and got IXXJ. How accurate. :laugh:

The point is, don't put so much faith on test results. They're a good way to lead you towards exploring more and weighing what you can or cannot relate to in the descriptions but that's about it. Try to put all this typology stuff away for a while to clear your mind from all the information you've gathered. Or just let it sit at the back of your mind for a few days without really trying to put yourself in the box of these four little letters.

Oh yeah, and I'd guess you're an INFJ. :smile:

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Your TMPI answers suggest that your type preference is:

INFJ
E 4 I 10
S 5 N 9
T 6 F 8
P 5 J 9

There you go, my results. :) Look how close T and F are.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
@Craft: Using smileys and emoticons do not necessarily mean that you're an F. It is an Fe trait, yes, but it's certainly not solid proof that she's an INFJ. I'm an INTJ (my T is weak, but I still identify with the type slightly more than INFJ) and I use emoticons fairly often. I know some other Ts that use them, too.

ditto

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Ok. For now I think I have to settle on being one of the two. It feels impossible to decide on being one of them. When I say "Ok, I'm INFJ", or "Ok, I'm INTJ", I get this "but.. but.." in my head.
I think that whether I am one or the other, I'm in the blurry area, and I'd always have to give additional explainations if someone asked my type.

In some days, maybe I'll write a longer "review" on myself if I find out it's useful. To write such texts and to have this discussion helps me see myself better, if not anything else. :)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I watched this video.

YouTube - coachvickyjo's Channel

I relate to him, I am annoyed by her. I wathed a different video by her, and I took myself in thinking "get to the point!!".
In this video they also talked about the myth about mermaids and how INTJs would take that in. What he says is exactly how I would look at it. :)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I have more. Look at her avatar. "Hope"? Pfft, hah! >.> Fe! My guess is developed Ti.

Yep, I hope I'll get through this period of my life. I feel like I've met the love of my life, but to get it I have to wait three years. I could have went for it now, but I listened to my logic side and suppressed what my heart and feelings want.

Also, I hope my brain will stop messing with me. You know, OCD is wonderful. :)

And school, damn I love school.. It's not at all like I learn everything outside school. Not at all.

Hope is pretty good to keep in you when living in a house with father and sister with asperger's too.

Despite that, I have a good life. It's good to really live on the iN and seek future instead of getting lost in the moment.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^

I'm too detached from those things to relate...the effect of emotions on that level is, I believe, already an extreme. Emotion and principles defines my goals but that is all they are. Everything else is subject to "supposedly" impersonal analysis. Temporary moments of emotional positivity is good but too much of that stuff can kill ya.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have more. Look at her avatar. "Hope"? Pfft, hah! >.> Fe! My guess is developed Ti.

I know many INTJs and INFJs. Indeed, many INTJs are cold and cynical, but so are many of the INFJs. Similarly, many INFJs are warm and friendly, but so are many INTJs.

MBTI and Jungian functions are not about personality traits, though to some degree many people of the same type have certain personality traits in common. Rather, they're about cognitive processes: how one comes to understand things, not how one behaves. There are INFJs out there whose intellectual prowess is beyond question, but whose decisions, in the end, are primarily based on subjective matters. There are INTJs out there who are real softies, who get mistyped as INFJ or even INFP (the latter if the Fi part of the INTJ is clear and J/P is unclear), but in the end are biased towards evaluating matters objectively, no matter how warm and fuzzy they are on the surface.

It's one of the reasons I find MBTI useful: it's a communication tool such that I can adapt my message and explain things in terms another will more quickly appreciate. It is a good predictor of whether someone will readily appreciate and understand a particular explanation of a particular idea, but it is not a good predictor of how someone will behave.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I'm not sure if I got what you said.

Sorry if I got too, what d'ya call it, "emotional", up there.. :)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I know many INTJs and INFJs. Indeed, many INTJs are cold and cynical, but so are many of the INFJs. Similarly, many INFJs are warm and friendly, but so are many INTJs.

MBTI and Jungian functions are not about personality traits, though to some degree many people of the same type have certain personality traits in common. Rather, they're about cognitive processes: how one comes to understand things, not how one behaves. There are INFJs out there whose intellectual prowess is beyond question, but whose decisions, in the end, are primarily based on subjective matters. There are INTJs out there who are real softies, who get mistyped as INFJ or even INFP (the latter if the Fi part of the INTJ is clear and J/P is unclear), but in the end are biased towards evaluating matters objectively, no matter how warm and fuzzy they are on the surface.

It's one of the reasons I find MBTI useful: it's a communication tool such that I can adapt my message and explain things in terms another will more quickly appreciate. It is a good predictor of whether someone will readily appreciate and understand a particular explanation of a particular idea, but it is not a good predictor of how someone will behave.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. :yes:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

There's a reason why there's a hierarchy of functions. With all the "F vibe", we receive from Amalie(e.g."Hope" and "smiles"), I would suspect it would either have to be a very developed Fi or simply an Aux Fe.(or a fake persona) It's definitely not impossible for an INTJ to have great Fi but then we look at Te? Is it possible for Fi to overtake Te? no. The significance of the hierarchy is that it tells us that there is a limit to our own "adaptability". An INFJ will never be an INTJ. By functions, Te is the more stimulating function and Fi can only be so well developed. Cognitive Functions defines our limitations. The INTP will never be the constant party animal character.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's a reason why there's a hierarchy of functions. With all the "F vibe", we receive from Amalie(e.g."Hope" and "smiles"), I would suspect it would either have to be a very developed Fi or simply an Aux Fe.(or a fake persona) It's definitely not impossible for an INTJ to have great Fi but then we look at Te? Is it possible for Fi to overtake Te? no. The significance of the hierarchy is that it tells us that there is a limit to our own "adaptability". An INFJ will never be an INTJ. By functions, Te is the more stimulating function and Fi can only be so well developed. Cognitive Functions defines our limitations. The INTP will never be the constant party animal character.

One should be careful about basing MBTI typing on "F-vibe" from females (especially very young females) and "T-vibe" from males. The outward behavior is often determined by societal expectations.

Furthermore, the primary source of our knowledge of Amelie's type is from Amalie's self-analysis. We can help her with that analysis, but contradicting her analysis - especially basing said contradiction on one's use of smilies - is less then helpful.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sometimes one type is clear, in which case one has all the stereotypical behaviors of the type, but sometimes one's type is not clear, as in Amelie's case. She isn't dismissing the possibility of INFJ, but an emoticon-based argument won't persuade her.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Thank you. I feel this is far more constructive than the previous posts. Getting to something. :)

I have read a bit, and I have to say, I'm quite sure I use the Te/Fi. My Fi might be so developed it's why I often feel these contradictions in my head. Sometimes it's like having two opinions in my mind at the same time. In the end though, I almost never make decisions based on feelings if it doesn't make logical sense at the same time. I always try and combine both to make a good decision, but as I've said, I count more on thought than feeling because thought is objective. I trust objective more than subjective.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you. I feel this is far more constructive than the previous posts. Getting to something. :)

:laugh: The posts you respond to and feel are 'constructive' are the ones that speak more towards INTJ; the posts that challenge or question are the ones you have neglected to respond to. ;)

But, yeah, typing someone as 'F' based solely on isolated things, like use of smileys, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You need a lot more than just smilies to be F. :)

I have read a bit, and I have to say, I'm quite sure I use the Te/Fi. My Fi might be so developed it's why I often feel these contradictions in my head. Sometimes it's like having two opinions in my mind at the same time. In the end though, I almost never make decisions based on feelings if it doesn't make logical sense at the same time. I always try and combine both to make a good decision, but as I've said, I count more on thought than feeling because thought is objective. I trust objective more than subjective.

It's perfectly fine if INTJ speaks more to you than INFJ, and if TeFi resonates much stronger; I'm not saying you're not INTJ, and ultimately it is your call. However, again, nothing you are writing opposes INFJ. I relate strongly to the bolded piece, for example, and I always step back and analyze my feelings. I also find many aspects of life situational.

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I trust objective more than subjective.

I trust objective more than subjective as well.

But that doesn't mean in the end I won't do what my feeling tells me to do. :cheese:

Also, you can type yourself as an INxJ in the meantime. MBTI is not black and white, it's a spectrum. When someone finds herself in the middle of two extremes, then that's her place at that moment.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
@ Cascadeco - Yep. You might be right. Sorry. It's how I know everything from before that makes me this way. :p :p :p

@ Tikka - Yep. I'll say so. I'm INxJ.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I took a Global5/SLOAN test. I got RLOEI. Then I read all the descriptions on the ten different traits. I'm definitely reserved, limbic, organized and inquisitive. Then comes accommodating and egocentric. :doh:

I thought I'd copy and paste the descriptions of the two and mark out what fits me.

Accommodating:
happiest when giving to others, not self absorbed, wants to carry on traditions of family, not materialistic, modest, serves others, not domineering, overly loyal, not competitive, does not need instant gratification, not controlling, compassionate, sympathetic, sensitive to the needs of others, not manipulative, gets along with others, does not make enemies, not vain, dislikes conflict, constructive, prone to spirituality, can be a doormat, good at taking advice, can be submissive

Egocentric: (Am I too honest on this one? Feels a bit strange to point out "narcissist" :blush:)
egocentric, self absorbed, not loyal, not generous, only concerned about those close to them, prone to bitterness, can ignore the rights of others, narcissist, meglomaniac, competitive, controlling, needs to have the upper hand in relationships, vain, materialistic, values indivuality over loyalty, not afraid of conflict, would pursue a career that was harmful to others, believes the benefits of freedom outweigh the benefits of attachment, does not value organized religion, does not like to admit making mistakes, quick tempered, not traditional, tactless, blunt, suspicious, makes enemies, wants to be famous, prefers technical careers (law, engineering, medicine), prefers instant gratification, attracted to prestige, manipulative, influenced more by self than others, decisive

Psst. Hope I can use this thread a bit to myself to search for types etc. :cheese:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My subjective Ti coming from several repeating circumstances or consistent data is really telling me you are INFJ. My Ti is based on a stereotype but really it's only rare that its wrong. Perhaps it's because all the INTJ's or IxTJ's I know will absolutely never put "Hope" nor focus on "little smilies". Either way, there is a reason why stereotypes exist. Conclusion from the general trend of data may not be absolute but it's difficult for it to be wrong.