User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Ok. If I'm typed by the smilies and the avatar I use, I lose a bit faith in this. I also get skeptical when users on a forum that have read some uncomplete descriptions of me can be SO sure about something like this.

I think I'm in the unhealthy middle of the two. Tempted to say "end of discussion", because it's truly what I feel I am. I just can't find my place in INFJ, although I fit to a lot of what's written about them, I would NEVER, mark my words, NEVER become a rug for anyone or give up something for anyone else. I've watched some videos on youtube on the different types, and I relate much more to the INTJs behavior than the INFJs.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    Ok. If I'm typed by the smilies and the avatar I use, I lose a bit faith in this. I also get skeptical when users on a forum that have read some uncomplete descriptions of me can be SO sure about something like this.
    Fine, but I still think the "clothes" you wear represents a significant part of yourself. Manliness(or objectiveness) is not about ponies(or hope).

although I fit to a lot of what's written about them, I would NEVER, mark my words, NEVER become a rug for anyone or give up something for anyone else.
    No offense, how is this relevant?

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

It's relevant because it's often how INFJs are described.

I won't keep going like this. It's simply pointless. Should we draw a line?
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

It's relevant because it's often how INFJs are described.
    I disagree. Aux Fe may be there but Ni is still priority. INFJ will do it if Ni wills it. And don't forget about Tert Ti. Ni + Ti = manipulative Fe.

I won't keep going like this. It's simply pointless. Should we draw a line?
    I can't relate but do as you please.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Well, as I always realize after making a thread like this, I have already made my mind before writing it, as you've might noticed.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, as I always realize after making a thread like this, I have already made my mind before writing it, as you've might noticed.
    According to one theory:
    (I buy into the theory since I have personally experienced these steps myself.)

Dominant begins to develop about age 6
    Auxiliary begins to develop about age 12
    Tertiary begins to develop about age 25
    Inferior begins to develop about age 50

INTJ
    Dominant - Ni
    Auxiliary - Te
    Tertiary - Fi
    Inferior - Se

INFJ
    Dominant - Ni
    Auxiliary - Fe
    Tertiary - Ti
    Inferior - Se

So if you're 15 years of age, your Auxiliary has only recently begun developing.
    It's not really that surprising that it's not totally obvious which one you are.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Thank you for the information. Still I wonder, what does it mean it's not developing before that? I think I use both thinking and feeling already. I'm not that familiar with sensing, but I'm sure I use it too somehow..
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for the information. Still I wonder, what does it mean it's not developing before that? I think I use both thinking and feeling already. I'm not that familiar with sensing, but I'm sure I use it too somehow..
    Assuming your self-assessment is correct so far, then what the timescale means is that presently, your brain is using Te AND Fe and a preference is in the process of being developed.
    The goal is differentiation... which means that your brain is going to choose one it prefers over the other for the majority of the time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Don't worry too much about the fancy theory and rules. Things such as the age development and so on are interesting ideas, but have no basis in quantifiable, falsifiable reality. (I.e., not only is it not rocket science, it is not any kind of science. It's guesswork.) For me, it is a wonderful language that a lot of people have in common, so it makes it easy to express certain ideas, and most especially to instill into people that, um, well, other people actually do think differently, you know?

That said, your RLOEI suggests INFP. (SLOAN 5 and MBTI do not directly map, it's a correlation.) So keep open the possibility that you might be INFP.

Personally, I know an INFP woman who is not merely a beautiful and graceful dancer (in her spare time), but career-wise has a Ph.D. in computer science and specializes in developing thermodynamic computer models to model engines, and is as sharp as a tack. She could almost be INTJ, but for her, work is work, and she'll prioritize things and get them done with alacrity, but the rest of the time, she is INFP, and bases her choices on how she feels, what she wants out of life, fully acknowledging that most of what she wants is subjective, and not based on objective reason.

And as I said before, keep an eye out for others' behavior and type and see how it corresponds to your own. Eventually, you'll have enough experience to be very sure of what your type is.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I'll definitely keep my eyes open. What you say sounds very reasonable, Uumlau. I appreciate.

I read the description of INFP, and it didn't really fit. Then I watched some videos of INFP, and I found them very comfortable. I liked them. They wasn't annoying like INFJs. I did think, though, they're a bit too "moving around". Not direct in the same way. I'm looking at INTP now, just so fill in the spots. Maybe the way to do it is to start over and to eliminate.

I'd like to know, though, the difference between INFP and INFJ - not in theory, but in daily life.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive