User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Can relate to this. In professional situations, I'm more of an INTJ. In personal situations, definitely an INFJ.

I can 'detect' the feelings of other people quite clearly in both situations (damn you, Ni and Fe) but in professional situations my mind takes control and do what's best and what's rational. Also, I really dislike showing my feelings in those situations. That's why if anyone would test me then, they'd say I'm an INTJ.

In personal situations, I live my life by emotions, and am definitely an INFJ.

I think if you would draw a graph, I would have a very large spread in the F/T spectrum, with the average slightly more in the F zone.

All that you have written in the first post ^^ could have been written by me. I, too, would feel bad if someone didn't like the food in the restaurant I took them to. Hell, I'd feel bad if the people at the neighbouring table wouldn't like their food...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    I took this test (http://www.greenlightwiki.com/lenore/inventory.html) and got this result:

INTJ
    E 3 I 11
    S 6 N 8
    T 13 F 1
    P 4 J 10
    Hey, I just took this test a few days ago and got ISTJ, I took it again this morning and got IXXJ. How accurate.

The point is, don't put so much faith on test results. They're a good way to lead you towards exploring more and weighing what you can or cannot relate to in the descriptions but that's about it. Try to put all this typology stuff away for a while to clear your mind from all the information you've gathered. Or just let it sit at the back of your mind for a few days without really trying to put yourself in the box of these four little letters.

Oh yeah, and I'd guess you're an INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Your TMPI answers suggest that your type preference is:

INFJ
    E 4 I 10
    S 5 N 9
    T 6 F 8
    P 5 J 9
    There you go, my results. Look how close T and F are.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Havane View Post
    @Craft: Using smileys and emoticons do not necessarily mean that you're an F. It is an Fe trait, yes, but it's certainly not solid proof that she's an INFJ. I'm an INTJ (my T is weak, but I still identify with the type slightly more than INFJ) and I use emoticons fairly often. I know some other Ts that use them, too.

ditto

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Ok. For now I think I have to settle on being one of the two. It feels impossible to decide on being one of them. When I say "Ok, I'm INFJ", or "Ok, I'm INTJ", I get this "but.. but.." in my head.
    I think that whether I am one or the other, I'm in the blurry area, and I'd always have to give additional explainations if someone asked my type.

In some days, maybe I'll write a longer "review" on myself if I find out it's useful. To write such texts and to have this discussion helps me see myself better, if not anything else.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I watched this video.

YouTube - coachvickyjo's Channel

I relate to him, I am annoyed by her. I wathed a different video by her, and I took myself in thinking "get to the point!!".
    In this video they also talked about the myth about mermaids and how INTJs would take that in. What he says is exactly how I would look at it.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    ditto
    I have more. Look at her avatar. "Hope"? Pfft, hah! >.> Fe! My guess is developed Ti.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I have more. Look at her avatar. "Hope"? Pfft, hah! >.> Fe! My guess is developed Ti.
    Yep, I hope I'll get through this period of my life. I feel like I've met the love of my life, but to get it I have to wait three years. I could have went for it now, but I listened to my logic side and suppressed what my heart and feelings want.

Also, I hope my brain will stop messing with me. You know, OCD is wonderful.

And school, damn I love school.. It's not at all like I learn everything outside school. Not at all.

Hope is pretty good to keep in you when living in a house with father and sister with asperger's too.

Despite that, I have a good life. It's good to really live on the iN and seek future instead of getting lost in the moment.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

^

I'm too detached from those things to relate...the effect of emotions on that level is, I believe, already an extreme. Emotion and principles defines my goals but that is all they are. Everything else is subject to "supposedly" impersonal analysis. Temporary moments of emotional positivity is good but too much of that stuff can kill ya.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I know many INTJs and INFJs. Indeed, many INTJs are cold and cynical, but so are many of the INFJs. Similarly, many INFJs are warm and friendly, but so are many INTJs.

MBTI and Jungian functions are not about personality traits, though to some degree many people of the same type have certain personality traits in common. Rather, they're about cognitive processes: how one comes to understand things, not how one behaves. There are INFJs out there whose intellectual prowess is beyond question, but whose decisions, in the end, are primarily based on subjective matters. There are INTJs out there who are real softies, who get mistyped as INFJ or even INFP (the latter if the Fi part of the INTJ is clear and J/P is unclear), but in the end are biased towards evaluating matters objectively, no matter how warm and fuzzy they are on the surface.

It's one of the reasons I find MBTI useful: it's a communication tool such that I can adapt my message and explain things in terms another will more quickly appreciate. It is a good predictor of whether someone will readily appreciate and understand a particular explanation of a particular idea, but it is not a good predictor of how someone will behave.