• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure if I'm INFJ or INTJ

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Ok. If I'm typed by the smilies and the avatar I use, I lose a bit faith in this. I also get skeptical when users on a forum that have read some uncomplete descriptions of me can be SO sure about something like this.

I think I'm in the unhealthy middle of the two. Tempted to say "end of discussion", because it's truly what I feel I am. I just can't find my place in INFJ, although I fit to a lot of what's written about them, I would NEVER, mark my words, NEVER become a rug for anyone or give up something for anyone else. I've watched some videos on youtube on the different types, and I relate much more to the INTJs behavior than the INFJs.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok. If I'm typed by the smilies and the avatar I use, I lose a bit faith in this. I also get skeptical when users on a forum that have read some uncomplete descriptions of me can be SO sure about something like this.
Fine, but I still think the "clothes" you wear represents a significant part of yourself. Manliness(or objectiveness) is not about ponies(or hope).

although I fit to a lot of what's written about them, I would NEVER, mark my words, NEVER become a rug for anyone or give up something for anyone else.
No offense, how is this relevant?

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
It's relevant because it's often how INFJs are described.

I won't keep going like this. It's simply pointless. Should we draw a line?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's relevant because it's often how INFJs are described.
I disagree. Aux Fe may be there but Ni is still priority. INFJ will do it if Ni wills it. And don't forget about Tert Ti. Ni + Ti = manipulative Fe.

I won't keep going like this. It's simply pointless. Should we draw a line?
I can't relate but do as you please.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Well, as I always realize after making a thread like this, I have already made my mind before writing it, as you've might noticed.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well, as I always realize after making a thread like this, I have already made my mind before writing it, as you've might noticed.
According to one theory:
(I buy into the theory since I have personally experienced these steps myself.)

Dominant begins to develop about age 6
Auxiliary begins to develop about age 12
Tertiary begins to develop about age 25
Inferior begins to develop about age 50

INTJ
Dominant - Ni
Auxiliary - Te
Tertiary - Fi
Inferior - Se

INFJ
Dominant - Ni
Auxiliary - Fe
Tertiary - Ti
Inferior - Se

So if you're 15 years of age, your Auxiliary has only recently begun developing.
It's not really that surprising that it's not totally obvious which one you are.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Thank you for the information. Still I wonder, what does it mean it's not developing before that? I think I use both thinking and feeling already. I'm not that familiar with sensing, but I'm sure I use it too somehow..

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you for the information. Still I wonder, what does it mean it's not developing before that? I think I use both thinking and feeling already. I'm not that familiar with sensing, but I'm sure I use it too somehow..
Assuming your self-assessment is correct so far, then what the timescale means is that presently, your brain is using Te AND Fe and a preference is in the process of being developed.
The goal is differentiation... which means that your brain is going to choose one it prefers over the other for the majority of the time.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Don't worry too much about the fancy theory and rules. Things such as the age development and so on are interesting ideas, but have no basis in quantifiable, falsifiable reality. (I.e., not only is it not rocket science, it is not any kind of science. It's guesswork.) For me, it is a wonderful language that a lot of people have in common, so it makes it easy to express certain ideas, and most especially to instill into people that, um, well, other people actually do think differently, you know?

That said, your RLOEI suggests INFP. (SLOAN 5 and MBTI do not directly map, it's a correlation.) So keep open the possibility that you might be INFP.

Personally, I know an INFP woman who is not merely a beautiful and graceful dancer (in her spare time), but career-wise has a Ph.D. in computer science and specializes in developing thermodynamic computer models to model engines, and is as sharp as a tack. She could almost be INTJ, but for her, work is work, and she'll prioritize things and get them done with alacrity, but the rest of the time, she is INFP, and bases her choices on how she feels, what she wants out of life, fully acknowledging that most of what she wants is subjective, and not based on objective reason.

And as I said before, keep an eye out for others' behavior and type and see how it corresponds to your own. Eventually, you'll have enough experience to be very sure of what your type is.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I'll definitely keep my eyes open. What you say sounds very reasonable, Uumlau. I appreciate.

I read the description of INFP, and it didn't really fit. Then I watched some videos of INFP, and I found them very comfortable. I liked them. They wasn't annoying like INFJs. I did think, though, they're a bit too "moving around". Not direct in the same way. I'm looking at INTP now, just so fill in the spots. Maybe the way to do it is to start over and to eliminate.

I'd like to know, though, the difference between INFP and INFJ - not in theory, but in daily life.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was hoping to hear your point of view on this.

So what do YOU think is the core difference between T & F?

:huh: I think I just said it in my last post.

If anyone from any culture, time period, etc., can generate the same logic all on their own with the same starting premises (i.e., impersonal rationality), then it's T. This is why the sciences and maths can be "reasoned out" anywhere regardless of who the person is; 2+2 = 4 and can be discovered/reasoned out no matter who you are.

If the outcome changes based on who is doing the reasoning or the culture they're doing the reasoning in -- i.e., the "rules" are not universal ones, but depending on the people/culture involved -- then it's going to be more aligned with F values. The rules are dependent on the person. There's more self-preference involved in the values -- "what resonates with ME?" rather than "What can be universally agreed upon as true, accepting these particular premises?"

(Here's a litmus test: How did you feel when you just read my response? Was there a reaction? Physical? Emotionally? Mental? What was it?)

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I liked this guy. YouTube - INTJ Planning and Finding Happiness In Life

I do almost just like him. I write so many lists. Lists. Lists. If I haven't done what's in the list for today, I feel like it's an unsuccessful day. To make a list and achieve it makes it a good day. I always do this stupid thing and write too much on the list. It's something you have to learn.

I wish there were any videos of female INTJs out there!

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I liked this guy. YouTube - INTJ Planning and Finding Happiness In Life

I do almost just like him. I write so many lists. Lists. Lists. If I haven't done what's in the list for today, I feel like it's an unsuccessful day. To make a list and achieve it makes it a good day. I always do this stupid thing and write too much on the list. It's something you have to learn.

I wish there were any videos of female INTJs out there!

Here's one

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram

I can relate pretty much to her. I had to laugh about being introverted + confident. I am sometimes too confident about myself. I can think about how I seem, but I'm very confident about my resources and my intelligence - which can make me a bit arrogant to others (I've heard it a couple of times from my parents).

And that about ignoring phone calls and door-rings. La-la-la. Can't wait to move out of this house. I am in balance when alone and/or with my pets, and then suddenly mum knocks the door. Thank you..

After listening to her, I really think I am INTJ, only with a weak T. She says she's over 80 % on every letter, and I am much closer to the middle.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
(Here's a litmus test: How did you feel when you just read my response? Was there a reaction? Physical? Emotionally? Mental? What was it?)
I feel stupid. :blush:
I can't draw a conclusion from what you're saying.

Fecal McAngry

Hello there!

I wonder if I am INFJ or INTJ. I know these two personality types are very much alike, and therefore I have problems knowing in which group I belong.

I read this, and felt like it was a description of me when studying and working. INTJ Information

I love science and I am planning to become a vet. I am highly structured. I am complex, and sometimes I don't even understand myself. The feeling of seeing things most people don't see make me feel deeply lonely.

There is a few things, though, that make me disbelieve in the fact that I'm INTJ. I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased. I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit.
Also, when someone has problems, I like to listen to them and give advice.

When I make judgments, I always include both feelings and thinking. I try to find the golden middle that works for both feelings and reason.

Any questions, opinions or ideas of "what" I am? Thanks. :)

Are you a vapid, bland little fishstick like YouTube - Gwyneth Paltrow interview - Parkinson - BBC

OR

A heartless bitch like YouTube - Ayn Rand Interview with Tom Snyder, (1 of 3)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to one theory:

I can't say I agree with this theory. My tertiary function (Te) has been very developed since my mid-late teens (I mistook it for aux Ti even), and my inferior is developed enough that I use it frequently (though it still has fairly large gaps in it).

Fecal McAngry

According to one theory:

INTJ
Dominant - Ni
Auxiliary - Te
Tertiary - Fi
Inferior - Se

INFJ
Dominant - Ni
Auxiliary - Fe
Tertiary - Ti
Inferior - Se

So if you're 15 years of age, your Auxiliary has only recently begun developing.
It's not really that surprising that it's not totally obvious which one you are.

According to this theory, how did I make decisions/form opinions/interact with the world when I was 5?

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram

I would be annoyed if I had to answer those unnecessary questions in the first link. I would probably be nice, though, like I am to strangers. I just stop being it when people get to know me better.

I would very much like to talk to Ayn Rand. She's interesting, she says what she means. She's direct. Like I like people.