User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not sure if I'm INFJ or INTJ

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

I took this test (http://www.greenlightwiki.com/lenore/inventory.html) and got this result:

INTJ
    E 3 I 11
    S 6 N 8
    T 13 F 1
    P 4 J 10

After reading a bit I'm pretty sure I use Te/Fi.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    I took this test (http://www.greenlightwiki.com/lenore/inventory.html) and got this result:

INTJ
    E 3 I 11
    S 6 N 8
    T 13 F 1
    P 4 J 10

After reading a bit I'm pretty sure I use Te/Fi.
    One thing I've noticed is that for INxJ especially, Te and Fe appear to be very, very similar. Especially if one is experienced in social contexts, Ni will decipher these and essentially "broadcast" Fe signals for all the Fe people to read. In my real life interactions, xxFJs tend to believe I am a kindred spirit, because I send all the proper signals. This tends to fall apart online, because Fe doesn't transmit too well in text, especially when discussing/arguing objective matters that can be interpreted subjectively.

However, while Ni appears to be able to broadcast both Te-style and Fe-style signals, INTJs seem to only be able to understand Te with any fluency, and INFJs only seem to receive Fe with real fluency. INTJs will totally miss a bunch of social implications that are totally obvious to INFJs, while INFJs will assume a bunch of social signals being conveyed, when all that is happening is a bunch of Te-style objective information is being sent.

So, if you often feel socially clueless, and tend to have the INTJ social problems, you're most likely INTJ. No matter how "feeling" you are, INTJs have strong feelings, but tend to hide them, even from themselves, so "having feelings" is not an INTJ disqualifier. It's as silly as asserting that INFJs can't think.

However, if you are really socially adept, or at least socially aware, and have been so for most of your life, you're more likely INFJ, no matter how smart and analytical you are.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased.
    I'd go with Fe over Fi on this.....but in general you sound like an NF to me. Your writing style is "softer" than INTJs. I'll go with INFJ.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Hm.. Ok. I don't have any problems in getting the social keys. I've been told I have problems in getting when people make jokes, but I think it's more because of a slight lack in confidence, so that I have to be sure.

I thought I'd post this too. A bit interesting. Seems I use both Fi and Ti most.. I really don't think I have such a strong Fe, and it's proven through tests over and over again.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.5)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.4)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.7)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.7)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.4)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.7)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************ (48.8)
    excellent use

Maybe I am still in development. I'm 15, so I might develop more towards one of the two in the following years.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Ah... well, if you're only 15... haha... it may be too soon to tell on this. No offense.

Although..you seem convinced you're INTJ, and if you're convinced of something, you're going to test as such. I mean, the test where you scored 13 for 'T' and 1 for 'F'. I tend to think you've decided you're not F, hence you're relating to the T questions. I'd be willing to put money down that in another month or two, if you decide maybe you're F instead, that you'll test as such. And..the first test really contradicts the cognitive functions one... cog. functions has F (Fi) as incredibly high, which contradicts your incredibly low F on the first test.

So if we're going to judge strictly by the cognitive functions test, you're neither INTJ or INFJ - your Te is lower just like the Fe, AND your Fi is clearly the highest. Which would mean you're IxFP (your Ne and Se scores are pretty close). My point being: you have to take these tests with a grain of salt. With the exception of Fi and Fe, all of the other functions are statistically pretty close. Nothing pops out significantly.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Don't put too much weight on the cognitive functions tests. They can help give you an idea of what the functions are about, but they really don't weight them well enough to actually determine your type.

Spent some time browsing the forum, or perhaps watching INTJ and INFJ youtube videos. Also, if you think you're using Fi, review INFP videos, too. and check out the INTP videos for completeness. While some of the videos are of mistyped people, in general you can glean a pattern of what INTJ is like, vs INFJ, vs INFP vs INTP. Certain types will seem more likable and familiar, while others will grate on your nerves. When you figure out which seem more sensible to you, you'll be closer to understanding your own.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Uumlau's right. Go with your intuition.

The best way to determine your type is to go with the one that you feel best fits you. Read up the descriptions on each type to see which one applies the best to you. If it sounds familiar, it most likely is your type.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

This
    This
    ..again.
    And This.
    .... following years.
    and smiling signature.

All Fe. Boom! You're INFJ.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

@Craft: Using smileys and emoticons do not necessarily mean that you're an F. It is an Fe trait, yes, but it's certainly not solid proof that she's an INFJ. I'm an INTJ (my T is weak, but I still identify with the type slightly more than INFJ) and I use emoticons fairly often. I know some other Ts that use them, too.

@Amalie: I can relate to you quite well. I've questioned whether I was an INTJ or INFJ many times. The vibes I get from your posts are more INFJ than INTJ, but since your test results seem to indicate otherwise, I would say that you're an INTJ with a well-developed Fi.

However, you do seem more keen on being an INTJ than an INFJ, so I think you may have answered according to what you want the results be to instead of what you actually are. Be sure to be as honest as possible with yourself when taking these tests. I find it very strange that someone so in tune with their Fi would get T 13/F 1. I would expect you to get something like T 8/F 6.

Would you mind taking the Big Five Personality Test? That may give you more insight into what you are. If you get RCOEI or RLOEI, then you are probably an INTJ. If you get RCOAI or RLOAI, then you're probably an INFJ. If you get something else, then ... Well, I'm not sure, but the test should give you more insight into your MBTI type.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

So tests aren't countable anymore? I try as far as it's possible to be honest. I've taken the Myers-Briggs test three times and gotten INTJ twice and INFJ once. In the beginning I thought I was INFJ because I am such a sensitive person with extreme feelings (yep, extreme), but then I read that description of INTJ I posted here (did anyone read it?), and it is very very me.

I was thinking about maybe writing a bit longer text about myself with more aspects included than the first I wrote. Would it help?

Havane, I appreciate your post. I took the test. I thought some questions were hard to answer, such as "Do you make people feel welcome?". When you first meet me, sure, I'll be nice and respectful. When you get closer to me, though, I'm a stubborn beast that not necessarily makes anyone welcome.

I didn't see any result like RCOEI or RCOAI, where is it?

Sociability ||| 6%
    Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 56%
    Assertiveness |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
    Activity Level ||||||||||||||| 42%
    Excitement-Seeking ||| 8%
    Enthusiasm ||||||||| 21%
    Extroversion |||||||||||| 35%
    Trust |||||| 18%
    Submissiveness ||||||||||||||| 50%
    Altruism ||||||||| 22%
    Cooperation ||| 2%
    Modesty |||||||||||| 34%