User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    Hello there!

I wonder if I am INFJ or INTJ. I know these two personality types are very much alike, and therefore I have problems knowing in which group I belong.

I read this, and felt like it was a description of me when studying and working. INTJ Information

I love science and I am planning to become a vet. I am highly structured. I am complex, and sometimes I don't even understand myself. The feeling of seeing things most people don't see make me feel deeply lonely.

There is a few things, though, that make me disbelieve in the fact that I'm INTJ. I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased. I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit.
    Also, when someone has problems, I like to listen to them and give advice.

When I make judgments, I always include both feelings and thinking. I try to find the golden middle that works for both feelings and reason.

Any questions, opinions or ideas of "what" I am? Thanks.
    I struggle between T & F too.

I think the core difference between T & F is whether you think/believe people should make decisions impartially or whether they should consider extenuating circumstances.

If you think it is WRONG for people to consider extenuating circumstances when making a decision, you are a T.
    If you think it is WRONG to make a decision without looking at the extenuating circumstances, you are an F.

extenuating circumstances: the life situations and/or feelings of the people impacted by the decision

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I struggle between T & F too.

I think the core difference between T & F is whether you think/believe people should make decisions impartially or whether they should consider extenuating circumstances.

If you think it is WRONG for people to consider extenuating circumstances when making a decision, you are a T.
    If you think it is WRONG to make a decision without looking at the extenuating circumstances, you are an F.

extenuating circumstances: the life situations and/or feelings of the people impacted by the decision
    I am not sure I agree with the wording, as if you think people's feelings and life situations are applicable objectively to the situation, then you can factor them in and it can still be a "T" decision.

T vs F logic is like impersonal vs personal rationality. Both are rationalities. T-style thought is the sort that can be reached by anyone, regardless of culture or personality or whatever else. This is why philosophy and science and systematic theology (built on premises) and whatever else is considered "T" thinking, or why math is "T" style thinking. The rules are the same no matter who you are.

F logic is very personal in nature. Who you are (either individually or who you are role-wise in the culture) matters The rules can be set by the culture in question (Fe) or the individual in question (Fi), but the rules are not universal ones. They change based on the specific culture or the people who are involved and cannot be derived apart from the people; the rules depend on the people involved.

Funny that you use the word "wrong" in your definitions.
    "Wrong" has very different definitions for a T vs an F.
    (For a T, it's more like "incorrect" vs an F-style "morally wrong.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

You sound like my papa. INFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I am not sure I agree with the wording, as if you think people's feelings and life situations are applicable objectively to the situation, then you can factor them in and it can still be a "T" decision.

T vs F logic is like impersonal vs personal rationality. Both are rationalities. T-style thought is the sort that can be reached by anyone, regardless of culture or personality or whatever else. This is why philosophy and science and systematic theology (built on premises) and whatever else is considered "T" thinking, or why math is "T" style thinking. The rules are the same no matter who you are.

F logic is very personal in nature. Who you are (either individually or who you are role-wise in the culture) matters The rules can be set by the culture in question (Fe) or the individual in question (Fi), but the rules are not universal ones. They change based on the specific culture or the people who are involved and cannot be derived apart from the people; the rules depend on the people involved.

Funny that you use the word "wrong" in your definitions.
    "Wrong" has very different definitions for a T vs an F.
    (For a T, it's more like "incorrect" vs an F-style "morally wrong.")
    I was hoping to hear your point of view on this.

So what do YOU think is the core difference between T & F?

MBTI
    INFJ

I'd try to focus on which of the two feeling orientations is strongest and which of the T functions is strongest.

Are you more about understanding the inherent logic of a process or thing (Ti) or more directive about how you organise space and time (Te)?

Are you more about trying to figure out how you feel about something or someone (Fi) or about what should be done with respect to your social surroundings (Fe).

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    I'd try to focus on which of the two feeling orientations is strongest and which of the T functions is strongest.

Are you more about understanding the inherent logic of a process or thing (Ti) or more directive about how you organise space and time (Te)?

Are you more about trying to figure out how you feel about something or someone (Fi) or about what should be done with respect to your social surroundings (Fe).
    I'm not sure about Ti or Te yet, but I'm definitely Fi.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

About decisions. I will always try to avoid making decisions if it's not right in regards of both logic and feelings. If I have to make a quick decision, though, I think I'd choose the logic one.

You make it sound like INTJs don't have feelings. Isn't that a bit wrong? I know an INTJ that's the most cuddly and sensitive person I've ever met. Sure only his very closest sees it, that's how it's with me too, but it's still him.
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Amalie, speaking as an INFJ who has had a friend for 8 years who is definitely an INTJ, I'd have to say you're in INFJ. This is why I think so from your previous posts:

"I am complex, and sometimes I don't even understand myself. The feeling of seeing things most people don't see make me feel deeply lonely." I feel this way all the time. My INTJ friend, though, doesn't feel that way at all.

"I am very sensitive about others. If I am out with someone eating at a restaurant, I would feel bad the rest of the day if one of the others didn't like the food. It stresses me when others aren't pleased." This is an INFJ trait. If I was out to eat with my INTJ friend and this situation happened, I would be bothered about it the rest of the day while she wouldn't think about it at all.

"I am not good at handling conflicts. It might seem like it on the outside, but inside I'm stressed. I need everything in my life to fit." Again, an INFJ trait.

You keep leaning toward T because you say you make a lot of your decisions based on logic; I do, too, but I'm definitely F. Just because you think logically doesn't mean that you're T, especially since we are trained to think logically in school, and as you wish to become a vet, you'll do this even more.

Where are you reading the description of the INFJ? I use the description found on personalitypage.com and it really helps. Here are some defining characteristics of an INFJ that may help:

- "They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives." (Which could seem like a T trait, as INFJs are big on efficiency and prioritizing.)
    - "They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand."
    - "INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well."
    - "They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress."

Also, from my own personal experience, INFJs are perfectionists and have very high expectations.

Take a good profile of an INFJ and a good profile of an INTJ and contrast the two. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! Good luck figuring yourself out (Which probably means you're an INFJ :p )

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

flip a coin and then start adapting to the type you want to be.

No wait thats fail isnt it ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Entropie, I won't change a bit even if I know or don't know which type I am.

Jameslysirius, You're INFJ. How well do you fit to this description? INTJ Information

(And, yep, you got me, it's very me to ask whithout being willing to take in what others tell me. :p)
    INxJ
    Enneagram 5
    RLOEI, Inquisitive