123 Last

Thread: NFP vs. NFJ

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default NFP vs. NFJ

I have narrowed it down!

I am an extrovert. (A toned down, shy one who is still growing into her own skin.) I'm a 6w5 on the enneagram.

I get caught up in the details...so it's hard for me to understand the difference between NFJ and NFP.

When I read the descriptions, I only see the details. So I end up saying "I'm NFJ here" or "NFP there".

Can anyone give me the general, "big picture" difference between these two types.

Thank you to everyone here for all your help!! I'm learning so much!

luna~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by lunalove View Post
    When I read the descriptions, I only see the details. So I end up saying "I'm NFJ here" or "NFP there".
    That might be a sign of being more S, rather than N...

Can anyone give me the general, "big picture" difference between these two types.
    Gladly. Judgers are more organized -- They like rules, they like everything neat, and most importantly they are decisive. They want things done. Perceivers think more in terms of possibilities, see multiple possibilities in everything, and as such dislike making decisions. We are generally disorganized, sloppy and lazy. We enjoy starting projects, but once we get caught in the minutiae of them, we might quickly lose interest in seeing them to their conclusion.

Does that make sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That might be a sign of being more S, rather than N...

Gladly. Judgers are more organized -- They like rules, they like everything neat, and most importantly they are decisive. They want things done. Perceivers think more in terms of possibilities, see multiple possibilities in everything, and as such dislike making decisions. We are generally disorganized, sloppy and lazy. We enjoy starting projects, but once we get caught in the minutiae of them, we might quickly lose interest in seeing them to their conclusion.

Does that make sense?
    It does make sense! I just feel like I'm both...

i have ADD/ADHD. I like to start projects I don't finish. I have a tendency to run late...but I have to get to places on time...because I'm also OCD! lol i definitely follow the rules. I couldn't lie about my weight on my driver's license, or tell a lie without feeling bad about it (it gave me nightmeres the 1st time I told a lie as a kid!) :p Lying feels like death. If things are not structured for me, they don't get done. I like the structure, but it's hard to follow and to create! However, I will often have a certain order for doing things....

When it comes to making decisions, when someone comes to me for advice, I am decided about the right thing. If I am given information and I can weigh the pros and cons, this becomes easy for me. if my feelings are involved, things get very complicated and I can't decide. Or if I get overwhelmed by the amount of information I get stuck! It depends on the situation...

It's confusing to me! It almost seems like ADD and OCD are from different planets! But for me...they go together. (Maybe that's why I type as NFJ and NFP!!)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

You're probably a weak J, or a weak P. I'm guessing weak J, if you generally test as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

ENFJ's lead with Fe

ENFP's lead with Ne

do you lead more with feeling, or intuition (at least slightly) assuming you're an E?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Here's a bit more info...

I like to get people together in an inclusive way...but then I kind of watch everyone have a good time. I'm not great at hanging out...but I like getting folks together to hang out in order to observe their behaviors and make them feel good/included. (ENFJ, right?)

I am clumsy, overly emotional, overly sensitive, and I love to give! Today, I was at the grocery, and I gave me cart to this pregnant lady since mine was empty and she needed it. Only problem is that I needed it but didn't realize I would need it since my groceries were on the conveyor belt! (ENFP right?)

I hate administrative work. My goal in life is to help people to see their specialness and beauty! Even as a small kid, I wanted to take my pain and suffering and use it to help others to cope. (I assume this NFJ?)

Emotions are like breathing. I need to feel like it's a drug! I resonate with others deeply and I take their pain and joy (even actors on a screen!) and if I don't feel enough of what someone else is feeling, I want to feel it! Not sure which type this is? I believe if I feel their pain I can help them...because they will know they are not alone. This is the way I have been since childhood!

I have a deep need to express myself...but if doing so will upset someone close me to in some way, they will come first. This has been very difficult for me and has put me in a position of martyr many times...

I am pretty disorganized (NFP right?) yet I have OCD. My OCD is more about phrases running though my mind, numbers too, anorexia and all that goes with that. My ADD/ADHD means I don't finish what I start, I'm creative, I'm clumsy, I finish people's sentences for them, etc.

Nutrition and health and animals and nature are very important to me. I'm mostly vegan. I make burgers, etc. for hubby because it's what he wants. Sometimes I lecture him on all the fried food and meat he eats. (NFJ?)

See why I'm so confused? :p

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think you're an ENFP.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

NJ => seek to understand first before jumping into the shark pool
    NP => rather jump into the pool and figure things out by interaction

Pick one.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

If you procrastinate, that's classic infj. This is interesting for me as well, as I am trying to grasp other types and how they opperate.

MBTI
    ENF
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    If you procrastinate, that's classic infj. This is interesting for me as well, as I am trying to grasp other types and how they opperate.
    procrastination? as in...i need to get something done and just don't? I do that all the time! I thought that was NFP (confused!)

I'm glad you find this post interesting...I would love it if it helped others as well as me Thanks!