• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NFP vs. NFJ

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I have narrowed it down!

I am an extrovert. (A toned down, shy one who is still growing into her own skin.) I'm a 6w5 on the enneagram.

I get caught up in the details...so it's hard for me to understand the difference between NFJ and NFP.

When I read the descriptions, I only see the details. So I end up saying "I'm NFJ here" or "NFP there".

Can anyone give me the general, "big picture" difference between these two types.

Thank you to everyone here for all your help!! :) I'm learning so much!

luna~

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I read the descriptions, I only see the details. So I end up saying "I'm NFJ here" or "NFP there".
That might be a sign of being more S, rather than N...

Can anyone give me the general, "big picture" difference between these two types.
Gladly. :) Judgers are more organized -- They like rules, they like everything neat, and most importantly they are decisive. They want things done. Perceivers think more in terms of possibilities, see multiple possibilities in everything, and as such dislike making decisions. We are generally disorganized, sloppy and lazy. We enjoy starting projects, but once we get caught in the minutiae of them, we might quickly lose interest in seeing them to their conclusion.

Does that make sense?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
That might be a sign of being more S, rather than N...

Gladly. :) Judgers are more organized -- They like rules, they like everything neat, and most importantly they are decisive. They want things done. Perceivers think more in terms of possibilities, see multiple possibilities in everything, and as such dislike making decisions. We are generally disorganized, sloppy and lazy. We enjoy starting projects, but once we get caught in the minutiae of them, we might quickly lose interest in seeing them to their conclusion.

Does that make sense?

It does make sense! I just feel like I'm both...

i have ADD/ADHD. I like to start projects I don't finish. I have a tendency to run late...but I have to get to places on time...because I'm also OCD! lol i definitely follow the rules. I couldn't lie about my weight on my driver's license, or tell a lie without feeling bad about it (it gave me nightmeres the 1st time I told a lie as a kid!) :p Lying feels like death. If things are not structured for me, they don't get done. I like the structure, but it's hard to follow and to create! However, I will often have a certain order for doing things....

When it comes to making decisions, when someone comes to me for advice, I am decided about the right thing. If I am given information and I can weigh the pros and cons, this becomes easy for me. if my feelings are involved, things get very complicated and I can't decide. Or if I get overwhelmed by the amount of information I get stuck! It depends on the situation...

It's confusing to me! It almost seems like ADD and OCD are from different planets! But for me...they go together. :blush: (Maybe that's why I type as NFJ and NFP!!)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're probably a weak J, or a weak P. I'm guessing weak J, if you generally test as such.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
ENFJ's lead with Fe

ENFP's lead with Ne

do you lead more with feeling, or intuition (at least slightly) assuming you're an E?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Here's a bit more info...

I like to get people together in an inclusive way...but then I kind of watch everyone have a good time. I'm not great at hanging out...but I like getting folks together to hang out in order to observe their behaviors and make them feel good/included. (ENFJ, right?)

I am clumsy, overly emotional, overly sensitive, and I love to give! Today, I was at the grocery, and I gave me cart to this pregnant lady since mine was empty and she needed it. Only problem is that I needed it but didn't realize I would need it since my groceries were on the conveyor belt! (ENFP right?)

I hate administrative work. My goal in life is to help people to see their specialness and beauty! Even as a small kid, I wanted to take my pain and suffering and use it to help others to cope. (I assume this NFJ?)

Emotions are like breathing. I need to feel like it's a drug! I resonate with others deeply and I take their pain and joy (even actors on a screen!) and if I don't feel enough of what someone else is feeling, I want to feel it! Not sure which type this is? I believe if I feel their pain I can help them...because they will know they are not alone. This is the way I have been since childhood!

I have a deep need to express myself...but if doing so will upset someone close me to in some way, they will come first. :( This has been very difficult for me and has put me in a position of martyr many times...

I am pretty disorganized (NFP right?) yet I have OCD. My OCD is more about phrases running though my mind, numbers too, anorexia and all that goes with that. My ADD/ADHD means I don't finish what I start, I'm creative, I'm clumsy, I finish people's sentences for them, etc.

Nutrition and health and animals and nature are very important to me. I'm mostly vegan. I make burgers, etc. for hubby because it's what he wants. Sometimes I lecture him on all the fried food and meat he eats. (NFJ?)

See why I'm so confused? :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you're an ENFP.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
NJ => seek to understand first before jumping into the shark pool
NP => rather jump into the pool and figure things out by interaction

Pick one.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
If you procrastinate, that's classic infj. This is interesting for me as well, as I am trying to grasp other types and how they opperate.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
If you procrastinate, that's classic infj. This is interesting for me as well, as I am trying to grasp other types and how they opperate.

procrastination? as in...i need to get something done and just don't? I do that all the time! I thought that was NFP (confused!)

I'm glad you find this post interesting...I would love it if it helped others as well as me :) Thanks!

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely procrastination is an NFP trait (not saying exclusively so). Having something become less-than-perfect once it becomes real is painful.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sound NFP and it really is in the details of what you said as some of it can go either way, but other portions are definite NFP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
surely you're an F dom of one kind. I can't see you as an ENFP, INFP makes sense to me. ENFJ is a possibility though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
which of these skills do you use most comfortably? an ENFP would use Extraverted Intuition (Ne) and Introverted Feeling (Fi) most easily, an ENFJ would use Extraverted Feeling (Fe) and Introverted Intuition (Ni) most easily.

Ne: making connections, ideas, possibilties, figuring something out and then going backwards to figure it out consciously, rapidly understanding information at a rate that is lightyears of other people, making distinctions that protect you from overgeneralizing, adapting quickly to change, learning through reflection on information you have already gathered and making connections, comparing/contrasting certain ideas and ways of doing things, distinguishing the best aspects of both and combining them into a new way of thinking/doing that is better than both of the originals
Ni: knowing for certain what will be, studying for long hours and getting nothing to all of a sudden having an epiphony and having everything come together at once, finding the leverage points of information that determine everything, completely understanding every little aspect of something, dissecting something into a thousand pieces and having them all come together, having a sort of "brain orgasm" in which you attain massive amounts of information
Fe: understanding how others feel, taking on what others feel yourself (like crying in movies for example), making decisions based on emotions and people involved, wanting to take care of everyone and being a big happy family, putting others before yourself
Fi: rich fantasy, constant drive to create, having a strong intense moral code that is completely independent of those around you, having a sort of "internal flame" that drives you passionately to carry out your beliefs, being good with animals and small children, love of nature, appreciation/creation of art and music, gentle and calm until values are violated (at which point, watch the fuck out hahaha), knowing what you feel and why (Intrapersonal Intelligence), self reflection,

PS: I use all of them pretty well, but it has to do with which ones you use most naturally =). I am ENFP and have been using Ne and Fi pretty much since I was born. if you are honest with yourself, you will know your type based on the skills that you utilize

knowledge827

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

And also an Enneagram 9 thing.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know someone who is an ENFx and they have ADD too. It makes it sort of hard to tell, but I think you could be an ENFP or just have a slight preference over ENFJ. I would read some descriptions online and see which better suits you, because you know yourself better.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Pick one.

i like this

MBTI Type
ENFP
i like this

me too, it sounds very accurate to me. I've always been annoyed by my ENFJ mother, feeling like she lacks common intuition and plays it way too safe by social norms. But she is actually super intuitive, she just has a lot on the line for herself I guess?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Pick one.

:worthy:

And so I need to gain some J back into my life.