Thread: So I lied...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Structure: Wake up, bathe, school, think of what i have to do that day, then do what I feel like doing, procrastinate like crazy, then do what I really need to do for the day, eat sometime during the day.
    Sounds kind of P-ish, but might be IxxJ. Probably not ExxJ.

Important things to me: Accepting, understanding, and respecting others, being a good person (hopefully, I'm not sanctimonious w/ that though), being able think critically and not just accepting the status quo. Being understood and accepted.
    Sounds very Fi.

Career goals: I want to help people through counseling and minor in statistics to help me w/ any possible research.
    Sounds very F (could be Fi or Fe depending on other variables.)

Spare time: watch tv, analyze, think about anything that piqued my interest that day. Then I will possibly research the topic on the internet. Hang out w/ people.
    Sounds pretty NP.

Core Values: Respect people, know basic social boundaries, don't be a moron... be logical, try to accept individual differences, and analyze the different possibilities before making a definite judgement (although, I am not always the best at this).
    I'm going with NFP of some sort.

Do you think you are more focused on exploring new random possibilities or on maintaining loyalty to your values/trying to be a moral example for others?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Glycerine

I like possibilities more than being a moral example for others. People have their own morals, I don't need to set an example.

Could enneagram have anything to do w/ this? I think I'm 3w4.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Structure: Wake up, bathe, school, think of what i have to do that day, then do what I feel like doing, procrastinate like crazy, then do what I really need to do for the day, eat sometime during the day.

Important things to me: Accepting, understanding, and respecting others, being a good person (hopefully, I'm not sanctimonious w/ that though), being able think critically and not just accepting the status quo. Being understood and accepted.

Career goals: I want to help people through counseling and minor in statistics to help me w/ any possible research.

Spare time: watch tv, analyze, think about anything that piqued my interest that day. Then I will possibly research the topic on the internet. Hang out w/ people.

Core Values: Respect people, know basic social boundaries, don't be a moron... be logical, try to accept individual differences, and analyze the different possibilities before making a definite judgement (although, I am not always the best at this).

What functions does this sound like?
    I don't see any of this at odds with ExFJ.

What is your social life like? How do you maintain relationships?

Do feel any sense of idealism? Do you think about how things could be in the future, especially improvements, or do you think more about meeting immediate needs?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I like possibilities more than being a moral example for others. People have their own morals, I don't need to set an example.

Could enneagram have anything to do w/ this? I think I'm 3w4.
    Bolded sounds very Fi to me. Most Fe types, as they are connected to the collective standards of the cultures with which they identify, seem to feel a responsibility to provide a living example of good behavior, in part to help others learn what is good vs. bad behavior.

Enneatype 3 can easily be INFP, ENFJ or ESFJ, or several others. iirc, most EFJs are 1 or 2, but then most IFPs are 4 or 9. So it's hard to say...3 is sort of like 6 in that it can turn up people from a wide variety of different MBTI types, but the 4 wing could potentially point toward Fi use.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't see any of this at odds with ExFJ.

What is your social life like? How do you maintain relationships?

Do feel any sense of idealism? Do you think about how things could be in the future, especially improvements, or do you think more about meeting immediate needs?
    My social life is lacking but I somehow end up talking to one person or another on a regular basis. I sometimes forget about people but i try to check in w/ people every once in awhile.

I guess I do feel a sense of idealism but I try to keep it in realistic terms.
    I think of long term goals more than the immediate. Whenever I try to meet immediate needs, I usually screw up somehow.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Bolded sounds very Fi to me. Most Fe types, as they are connected to the collective standards of the cultures with which they identify, seem to feel a responsibility to provide a living example of good behavior, in part to help others learn what is good vs. bad behavior.

Enneatype 3 can easily be INFP, ENFJ or ESFJ, or several others. iirc, most EFJs are 1 or 2, but then most IFPs are 4 or 9. So it's hard to say...3 is sort of like 6 in that it can turn up people from a wide variety of different MBTI types, but the 4 wing could potentially point toward Fi use.
    hmm... this really interesting. I never considered the possibility that I might have strong Fi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Whenever I try to meet immediate needs, I usually screw up somehow.
    Well, that probably rules out ESFJ.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, that probably rules out ESFJ.
    haha, that's how I drive my ESFJ dad nuts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

So let's explore Fi vs. Fe.

Describe your idea of morality, please. What constitutes moral vs. immoral action, and what moral obligations do you have to whom?

Glycerine

Morals aren't absolute. I believe that they are very context-based. For example, killing another person is a bad thing but it may be necessary for self-defense. Another example, abortion may be iffy but if both the mother and baby are going to die, I would rather kill the unborn baby to save the mother.

Moral: following your conscious
    Immoral: actions with known evil intent/purpose or doing something heinous with absolutely no purpose.

I have a moral obligation to others and myself to be a good person.