• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

disregard's Type: INFP

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha.

Well, I get a lot of feedback on my type via reps, VMs and PMs. Not to mention posts. That is part of the reason why it is so difficult to hold onto a type.

There is always a stable of people with contrary opinions.

It's fascinating.

Okay, I will now update the tally.

heh. no wonder you're wondering!

that, and they (the powers that be?) really need to come up with a better test for this. it's just too easy to read each question they ask in a multitude of ways.

G

Glycerine

From what I've seen of your posts, you seem like an hard-edged INFP. I think XNTJ seems a bit too forced on you... it doesn't come off natural to me. Your vibe is kind of like a combination of orangeappled and marmalade.sunrise.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Okay, this seemed rather shut-and-close.

INFP.

Thanks for the input, everyone!

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
WTF! You were off 3 letters in your previous self identification! Or was that a ruse/joke?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It must be God's joke on me.

Because I don't have a sense of humor.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you even look like an infp :)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think you're generalizing INFPs here.
That's just one category of INFP you're referring to.
She doesn't belong in that one.
There are other categories.

Yeah but a substantial portion of INFPs fall into this category, and it's something I've noticed in the vast majority of INFPs on the forum, thus the argument.

And aside from being emotionally invested in arguments yadda yadda, I still think that Fi in the dominant is a lot more willing to disclose personal information than Fi in the tertiary, especially when it's explicitly requested and the Fi-dom in question has no reason to not trust the audience. So I had some other basis, outside of the INFP generalization that i made.

(Plus, I've seen disregard over a longer period of time, you've only seen her within the last range of behavior she has presented here.)

Yes fair enough. I did say that I barely know her, thus implying that my opinion on the matter is not to be held to much merit.

My loose INTJ vibe was apparently wrong, and that's fine. I'm just glad she seems to have figured it out. :)

Oh no! you've fallen into his trap.

I'm always falling into traps around here. :confused:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think you're an INFP because you don't seem to become as emotionally invested in the arguments around here as other INFPs, and I've never really seen you let your own personal ethics infiltrate a discussion.

While in the shower I couldn't help but think about this and that not being emotionally invested in arguments and being a feeler aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm sure feelers can argue as detachedly as thinkers on subjects that they don't hold dear to their hearts, yes?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread figured it out for me.

I was unable.

damnit! :cry:

i was going to say INFP from the very beginning, but was attempting to form a complete post on my reasons.

oh, well, at least you know now. the closure must be a huge relief.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
While in the shower I couldn't help but think about this and that not being emotionally invested in arguments and being a feeler aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm sure feelers can argue as detachedly as thinkers on subjects that they don't hold dear to their hearts, yes?

Well yes, Fi-ers can be emotionally detached from arguments. It's only when certain arguments poke hard at the Fi-ers personal values that the apparent deeply felt emotional investment occurs (and of course this doesn't happen with every single Fi-er; it's just a trend I've noticed around here, that makes sense from a functional standpoint).

I'm just saying that I've never seen you argue emotionally about anything on the forum or even offer up your own emotional take and/or personal beliefs regarding certain issues, and surely you've come across something that you're personally invested in, thus I conclude that your behavior does not match up with the behavior of many INFPs that I see around the forum (from the small sampling of encounters I've had with you, that is).

So, uh, yeah, emotional detachment and Fi-er are certainly not mutually exclusive.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm just saying that I've never seen you argue emotionally about anything on the forum or even offer up your own emotional take and/or personal beliefs regarding certain issues, and surely you've come across something that you're personally invested in

Lol. I was once berated by an old INTP friend of mine for this.

You don't even know your values!

I have them, it just doesn't occur to me to waste my time trying to change someone's mind (see: getting personally invested).

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Lol. I was once berated by an old INTP friend of mine for this.

You don't even know your values!

So you do know them, right? It doesn't seem very fitting for a Ji-dom to not be cognizant of his/her values...

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Hm, ok then.

(resists further discussion --> argument on the matter)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Could you perhaps give me an example of what knowing your values would be?

Do you mean knowing through and through that "I value honesty." ?