• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

disregard's Type: INFP

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
1: The evidence of a relationship between the regions of brain and particularly functional preferences is very tenative.

2: According to Lenore Thomson, J and P to not each get a hemisphere to themselves. Both are differently used in either hemisphere.

3: How is disregard actually going to know the answer to that? Most tests one can access for that concept are total bunk.

What we call left brain traits, whether they occur solely in the left hemisphere or not, still overlap with more J traits than P. So if she identifies with left-brainness, she just might be a Jay.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't really know you that well, but from my brief encounters with you, I'm picking up a serious INTJ vibe. You practically bleed Fi and Te, in some order. Since you're pretty clearly an introvert and a self-proclaimed N, that leaves INFP or INTJ.

I don't think you're an INFP because you don't seem to become as emotionally invested in the arguments around here as other INFPs, and I've never really seen you let your own personal ethics infiltrate a discussion.

You were very reluctant to share information about yourself last time I pried, which is something I've noticed to be pretty typical in INTJs. It seemed as though you were mildly paranoid about how I might be able to potentially use that kind of information against you. A lot of the INTJs I know are like this. They withhold information about themselves unless it's necessary to reveal it.

INFPs, on the other hand, seem a lot more willing and enthusiastic to talk about their psyche, ethics, and perspective, as Fi really values these things and how they add to personal uniqueness.

Overall, you seem to evaluate issues based on objective facts that you collect from your external world (Te) and you seem open to approaching arguments from all angles, rather than being stuck on one from the get-go (Ni). [I think this was exemplified well by the OP.]

She's not even close enough to detached and naturally hardened to be an INTJ. It's just a covering for the softer spots.

Compare her to Night and other INTJs here again.

I thought Night was INTP...

We should make a thread on his type. :thinking:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd also say INFP.

Alt pick if this is like a choose-your-own-adventure-story where we get to determine what happens is ISFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really know you that well, but from my brief encounters with you, I'm picking up a serious INTJ vibe. You practically bleed Fi and Te, in some order. Since you're pretty clearly an introvert and a self-proclaimed N, that leaves INFP or INTJ.

I don't think you're an INFP because you don't seem to become as emotionally invested in the arguments around here as other INFPs, and I've never really seen you let your own personal ethics infiltrate a discussion.

You were very reluctant to share information about yourself last time I pried, which is something I've noticed to be pretty typical in INTJs. It seemed as though you were mildly paranoid about how I might be able to potentially use that kind of information against you. A lot of the INTJs I know are like this. They withhold information about themselves unless it's necessary to reveal it.

INFPs, on the other hand, seem a lot more willing and enthusiastic to talk about their psyche, ethics, and perspective, as Fi really values these things and how they add to personal uniqueness.

I think you're generalizing INFPs here.
That's just one category of INFP you're referring to.
She doesn't belong in that one.
There are other categories.

(Plus, I've seen disregard over a longer period of time, you've only seen her within the last range of behavior she has presented here.)

I thought Night was INTP...
We should make a thread on his type. :thinking:

Oh no! you've fallen into his trap.

I am an INTP.
Just don't tell anyone.

Yup. :doh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The impression I have of Disregard seems to be quite serious and grounded by the real world, but without following the crowd. I've seen this kind of thing happen frequently to ISTJs.

There's something distinctly different about you from all of the other people here. That's all I'll say about your personality.

Whatever we conclude here though, I'm sure it won't last. :tongue10:
You can only swear something maybe 3 times before it loses all meaning.

I think as soon as you decide to disregard the functions you've gotten rid of the only things that make any type.

Funny that you mention this, because I was going to say the same thing. The first thing that comes to mind is that most people on this forum are intuitives. If Disregard is a sensor, that would kind of line up.

I don't have much to support my Sensor claim, I'd just like to consider it. I think IXTJ is a pretty good fit. I find that INFPs always seem to have an instantly recognisable feel to them, at least over the net (which I might argue lets them shine brightest...). I think you'd find it hard to mistype T and F, 90% of the time, if you follow the stereotypes you'll be right (as long as your stereotyping doesn't go something like: emotional = F, robot = T).

Aside: yeah, that's right, you can use stereotypes in a good way!!! :alttongue:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
But is that what makes an INTJ and INTJ?

This is where my confusion comes from..

I'd say that one of the things that makes an INTJ what they are is the urge to come up with an idea of the way things could be, then try to turn that idea into a reality. Such ideas often play out over a long time. INTJs tend to take the most satisfaction in projects that take weeks, months or even years to play out.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

As Jennifer said, the above is not necessarily typical of INFPs. INFPs generally do not lead with self-disclosure, and tend to hold their deeply felt opinions and values close to their chests until someone has earned their trust (or stomped on a deeply held value). INFPs can often come across as oddly cool and aloof to people they don't know well.

So I'm not sure about using self-disclosure to distinguish between INTJ and INFP. The INTJs I know are far more free disclosing their opinions and judgments that the other INFPs I know.

Anyway, back to the main topic...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure if disregard has ever seriously looked into being an S.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You prefer to discuss and explore rather than get people make a judgement and vote in a poll... so I'd say P :tongue:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's funny how many people here are quickest to assert the letter they clearly understand the least.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
If you need a label then INFP. While I don't know you in person, what I've gathered on here is that you can be a rather complex person so typing you won't be easy. I don't know why most people assume typing a person is that clear cut. It's an indicator, not the gospel. I'd say as you get older you'll adapt to things more easily and perhaps become IXXX.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a good starter would be:

Why have you decided to renounce ENTJ?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
disregard seems more balanced than most ENTJs thus I think maybe enTj

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
wow, disregard. this thread really took off!

it's almost as if everyone has been holding all of this in for a long time.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Haha.

Well, I get a lot of feedback on my type via reps, VMs and PMs. Not to mention posts. That is part of the reason why it is so difficult to hold onto a type.

There is always a stable of people with contrary opinions.

It's fascinating.

Okay, I will now update the tally.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Do you know who you are?

Well, the thing is, I've always relied heavily upon the observation of others to get a solid picture of myself.

I'm not sure if that's an unhealthy sign, but people's opinions always surprise me somewhat. When I answer online test questions about myself, I often refer to someone close to me to help me answer them, because I'm just not sure.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
One thing I know for sure is that I have great depth of feeling.