User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Well I thoroughly appreciate all of your input, teslashock.

Nothing like those superior Ne-dom skills of observation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    From what I've seen of your posts, you seem like an hard-edged INFP. I think XNTJ seems a bit too forced on you... it doesn't come off natural to me. Your vibe is kind of like a combination of orangeappled and marmalade.sunrise.
    Yeah, and I'm an ENFP.

When I talk sometimes I can sound super bulldozer and bossy like an ENTJ - I've made jokes about it in vent.

You seem to have quite a bit of Te, whatever your type is. I'd definitely say you also have Fi as opposed to Fe.

MBTI
    INFP

How does one become more open?

I would like to.

Stating your opinions?
    Talking about your personal life?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    The fact that you consider the context/intent to determine what belief you adhere to is not very standard of Ji. That sounds a lot more like Ni coupled with some extroverted judging function.

Ji-ers are a lot less likely to yield their internally-derived values to context.
    I'm not sure about that. I don't want to lead the witness, but I will always consider context/intent in an action. It seems to me from my time on this board that Fe users are more often concerned with consequences over intent. How it has actually affected others as opposed to how the person intended it. That isn't always the case, but it does seem to be a recurring pattern.

Considering context/intent is what I do when attempting to identify which personal values have jurisdiction and precedence in any given situation. You aren't yielding your values to fit the situation. You're deconstructing the situation into its core components so you can apply the relevant values. Context and intent are usually a big part of that. It's not compromise -- it's precision.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Not at all!

Relief cannot be found in such a thing.
    none? how not? i'd think that'd be like a "well, that's at least one thing i can cross off of my list of irritating ponderings."

and, also, that you'd be able to focus on your type instead of focusing on which type.

I didn't fit in at INFP.gc either, but does anyone ever fit in anywhere? I think it's an illusion.

(Unless they do )
    oh, god. i've heard that from SO MANY infps. and, you know which ones don't fit in there? the cool ones.

Oh, and teslashock:

In regard to not being "open" with you, I actually am pretty open (right?), but I don't like having to prove myself. I think that facts should speak for themselves, and am loath to defend a mere perspective.
    holy shit. you're entp. salute, sister!

How does one become more open?

I would like to.

Stating your opinions?
    Talking about your personal life?
    why? what's wrong with being just the way you are? is this something that bugs you about yourself?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    oh, god. i've heard that from SO MANY infps. and, you know which ones don't fit in there? the cool ones.

heh... sad but sorta true...

why? what's wrong with being just the way you are? is this something that bugs you about yourself?
    I've always had trouble myself discerning between self-acceptance and self-improvement. It's kind of hard to know how to walk that line.

I can feel good about changes I make and yet then feel I'm not being true to me.
    But if I just sit and enjoy being me, then sometimes I fear I'm just sitting on my laurels and being less than I could be. It's weird.

Does that sound familiar at all, D?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I don't want to lead the witness, but I will always consider context/intent in an action. It seems to me from my time on this board that Fe users are more often concerned with consequences over intent. How it has actually affected others as opposed to how the person intended it. That isn't always the case, but it does seem to be a recurring pattern.

Considering context/intent is what I do when attempting to identify which personal values have jurisdiction and precedence in any given situation. You aren't yielding your values to fit the situation. You're deconstructing the situation into its core components so you can apply the relevant values. Context and intent are usually a big part of that. It's not compromise -- it's precision.
    There's a difference in considering context/intent when determining how to act and using context as a criteria for defining your values.

Considering context when determining how to act is just a component of being psychologically healthy enough to respond to your environment. Not every single value we have is applicable to every single situation, so it's only natural to sift through them and figure out which ones to utilize in a response to the situation at hand.

However, using criteria that's derived externally (based on context) to define and validate your values is a totally different story. This is what Je-ers do, as opposed to Ji-ers whose values have a justification that's derived from within.

The question is one of "where did the values that I'm applying to this situation come from and how do I justify them", not whether we apply different subsets of values, from our broader set of values, to different situations (again, we all do this).

And btw, Je-ers aren't necessarily yielding their values to context. I just see it that way because I'm a Ji-er, and I really shouldn't have phrased it that way. Really their values are derived from external criteria, so the fact that their values appear to "yield" to external criteria is a bit of an illusion. There's no sacrifices being made on the Je-er's part.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    From what I've seen of your posts, you seem like an hard-edged INFP. I think XNTJ seems a bit too forced on you... it doesn't come off natural to me. Your vibe is kind of like a combination of orangeappled and marmalade.sunrise.
    Late to the party, but I agree with the above. Maybe a little heart (the member, not the organ) thrown in, too. The vibes I get from you are more NF than NT, but not cuddly NFiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I've always had trouble myself discerning between self-acceptance and self-improvement. It's kind of hard to know how to walk that line.

I can feel good about changes I make and yet then feel I'm not being true to me.
    But if I just sit and enjoy being me, then sometimes I fear I'm just sitting on my laurels and being less than I could be. It's weird.

Does that sound familiar at all, D?
    It does to me! I'm relentlessly driven to self-improvement, but then sometimes feel like I'm not myself if I try to change actual personality-based behaviors and traits. (I know this thread is not about me, but I'm just amazed sometimes at Jennifer's ability to put my life into words. )
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    none? how not? i'd think that'd be like a "well, that's at least one thing i can cross off of my list of irritating ponderings."

and, also, that you'd be able to focus on your type instead of focusing on which type.
    Because it's all theory, so it's never really solved. It's a vain endeavor to begin with! But, that is an opinion. I am of the opinion that people are way too complex to actually fit into a type, but apparently I give enough credence to the system to even bother. I suppose it all boils down to my curiosity of what I seem like to other people. That is what makes this forum exciting. They have an opinion, whereas mine remains suspended by doubt (to my chagrin!).

No, but I think it would be a good exercise to be more open. It would be uncomfortable, therefore beneficial. I am also genuinely curious as to why some are considered open and others are not. I am curious as to what I do not do and others do, the things that separate us.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Because it's all theory, so it's never really solved. It's a vain endeavor to begin with! But, that is an opinion. I am of the opinion that people are way too complex to actually fit into a type, but apparently I give enough credence to the system to even bother. I suppose it all boils down to my curiosity of what I seem like to other people. That is what makes this forum exciting. They have an opinion, whereas mine remains suspended by doubt (to my chagrin!).
    ah, i see. yes, and i get what you're saying. i agree that they're too complex, AND i also think that the tests leave far too much room for mistyping. this is why i know little about functions. because i don't believe the system is foolproof enough to begin with to study it further. meaning that by knowing more, i think i'd actually know less by getting bogged down with too many opinionated details and perspectives.

it does, however, have just the right amount of merit to 'use' it. and, that's why i like it so much. i never had your problem though. i got entp the very first time before having ever heard of it before, and i've never typed as anything else.

i have gone a bit insane though trying to type another person.

, but I think it would be a good exercise to be more open. It would be uncomfortable, therefore beneficial. I am also genuinely curious as to why some are considered open and others are not. I am curious as to what I do not do and others do, the things that separate us.
    interesting.

i had to learn how to be LESS open. that's the direction i had to go in in order to grow. so, i can tell you by this experience that i found the middle ground by being selective about who i opened up to, and until i knew enough to be sure, i would open up about everything except what i wouldn't want spread around. in other words, if i didn't want someone else (other than the person i was talking to) to know it, then i'd keep it to myself. otherwise, i let it fly. anything. opinions, thoughts, feelings, tastes, hobbies, everything. but, i keep that 'line' in mind.

i was burned far too many times and learned the hard way.

sometimes, i still screw up though. *sigh*

i certainly wish you all the best.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery