User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    1: The evidence of a relationship between the regions of brain and particularly functional preferences is very tenative.

2: According to Lenore Thomson, J and P to not each get a hemisphere to themselves. Both are differently used in either hemisphere.

3: How is disregard actually going to know the answer to that? Most tests one can access for that concept are total bunk.
    What we call left brain traits, whether they occur solely in the left hemisphere or not, still overlap with more J traits than P. So if she identifies with left-brainness, she just might be a Jay.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't really know you that well, but from my brief encounters with you, I'm picking up a serious INTJ vibe. You practically bleed Fi and Te, in some order. Since you're pretty clearly an introvert and a self-proclaimed N, that leaves INFP or INTJ.

I don't think you're an INFP because you don't seem to become as emotionally invested in the arguments around here as other INFPs, and I've never really seen you let your own personal ethics infiltrate a discussion.

You were very reluctant to share information about yourself last time I pried, which is something I've noticed to be pretty typical in INTJs. It seemed as though you were mildly paranoid about how I might be able to potentially use that kind of information against you. A lot of the INTJs I know are like this. They withhold information about themselves unless it's necessary to reveal it.

INFPs, on the other hand, seem a lot more willing and enthusiastic to talk about their psyche, ethics, and perspective, as Fi really values these things and how they add to personal uniqueness.

Overall, you seem to evaluate issues based on objective facts that you collect from your external world (Te) and you seem open to approaching arguments from all angles, rather than being stuck on one from the get-go (Ni). [I think this was exemplified well by the OP.]

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She's not even close enough to detached and naturally hardened to be an INTJ. It's just a covering for the softer spots.

Compare her to Night and other INTJs here again.
    I thought Night was INTP...

We should make a thread on his type.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post

I am an INTP.

Just don't tell anyone.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'd also say INFP.

Alt pick if this is like a choose-your-own-adventure-story where we get to determine what happens is ISFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I am an INTP.

Just don't tell anyone.
    So you have NTP shame? Whyyyyy?

NTPs are the best!

INFP with well developed Te.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't really know you that well, but from my brief encounters with you, I'm picking up a serious INTJ vibe. You practically bleed Fi and Te, in some order. Since you're pretty clearly an introvert and a self-proclaimed N, that leaves INFP or INTJ.

I don't think you're an INFP because you don't seem to become as emotionally invested in the arguments around here as other INFPs, and I've never really seen you let your own personal ethics infiltrate a discussion.

You were very reluctant to share information about yourself last time I pried, which is something I've noticed to be pretty typical in INTJs. It seemed as though you were mildly paranoid about how I might be able to potentially use that kind of information against you. A lot of the INTJs I know are like this. They withhold information about themselves unless it's necessary to reveal it.

INFPs, on the other hand, seem a lot more willing and enthusiastic to talk about their psyche, ethics, and perspective, as Fi really values these things and how they add to personal uniqueness.
    I think you're generalizing INFPs here.
    That's just one category of INFP you're referring to.
    She doesn't belong in that one.
    There are other categories.

(Plus, I've seen disregard over a longer period of time, you've only seen her within the last range of behavior she has presented here.)

Oh no! you've fallen into his trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I am an INTP.
    Just don't tell anyone.
    Yup.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

The impression I have of Disregard seems to be quite serious and grounded by the real world, but without following the crowd. I've seen this kind of thing happen frequently to ISTJs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    There's something distinctly different about you from all of the other people here. That's all I'll say about your personality.

Whatever we conclude here though, I'm sure it won't last.
    You can only swear something maybe 3 times before it loses all meaning.

I think as soon as you decide to disregard the functions you've gotten rid of the only things that make any type.
    Funny that you mention this, because I was going to say the same thing. The first thing that comes to mind is that most people on this forum are intuitives. If Disregard is a sensor, that would kind of line up.

I don't have much to support my Sensor claim, I'd just like to consider it. I think IXTJ is a pretty good fit. I find that INFPs always seem to have an instantly recognisable feel to them, at least over the net (which I might argue lets them shine brightest...). I think you'd find it hard to mistype T and F, 90% of the time, if you follow the stereotypes you'll be right (as long as your stereotyping doesn't go something like: emotional = F, robot = T).

Aside: yeah, that's right, you can use stereotypes in a good way!!!
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    But is that what makes an INTJ and INTJ?

This is where my confusion comes from..
    I'd say that one of the things that makes an INTJ what they are is the urge to come up with an idea of the way things could be, then try to turn that idea into a reality. Such ideas often play out over a long time. INTJs tend to take the most satisfaction in projects that take weeks, months or even years to play out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

As Jennifer said, the above is not necessarily typical of INFPs. INFPs generally do not lead with self-disclosure, and tend to hold their deeply felt opinions and values close to their chests until someone has earned their trust (or stomped on a deeply held value). INFPs can often come across as oddly cool and aloof to people they don't know well.

So I'm not sure about using self-disclosure to distinguish between INTJ and INFP. The INTJs I know are far more free disclosing their opinions and judgments that the other INFPs I know.

Anyway, back to the main topic...